News Board Nominations now with Poll

Pick your 2 nominees and it better not include Jamo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see what happens when the Board opens up to more member populist voting in the future

Our Board could consist of

Roo
James
Cosi (South Aussie)
Modra
Sloane

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Jameson would find a way to be on the board in two spots

As usual people just blindly vote solely on nothing more than a name.

While I'm not surprised, I'm still a bit disappointed.

There were far better candidates, but ultimately this was nothing more than a popularity contest rather than voting for the best candidate.

Olsen always bangs on about how we kept some level of independence by getting our own private covid loan.

Can somone more versed with this stuff
tell me what specifically have we gained by this?
Well we're not indebted to the AFL?

Well we're not indebted to the AFL?

It doesn't matter if you are indebted or if you aren't. The AFL will never let a club die now. Plenty of clubs get/have gotten AFL handouts and gone on to win premierships. I'd rather have our own member elected board and proper constitution, with the odd AFL handout here or there, than the current set up of being "financially independent" but getting reamed by the league every year and being their lapdogs because they own us.

Wouldn't commercial borrowing instead of AFL funding/grants make it easier to raise capital finance for our new HQ?

I know in regards to Government Funding an entities ability to raise non grant funding to match grants for capital expenditure is quite favourable.

Olsen always bangs on about how we kept some level of independence by getting our own private covid loan.

Can somone more versed with this stuff
tell me what specifically have we gained by this?
Don't need to open the books to the AFL anytime we want to spend money.

Don't need to open the books to the AFL anytime we want to spend money.
Can poach a respected Admin person from a successful club as our CEO.

Not promote the guy in the next office.

Accept AFL funding and Phil Harper is our CEO....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the result would be any different if there was preferential voting 🧐

I know my third and fourth preference wasn’t Jamo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
As usual people just blindly vote solely on nothing more than a name.

While I'm not surprised, I'm still a bit disappointed.

There were far better candidates, but ultimately this was nothing more than a popularity contest rather than voting for the best candidate.

All fair, I see the appeal of Goodings though. I think he is a genuine supporter. The other candidates didn't really offer much without knowing them.

I don't see the appeal of Jamerson, I can't believe we didn't have another ex player that could put their name up.

Got ya.

So when Burgess came back to Adelaide, Port Power possibly ccouldn't match what we were offering without the approval of the AFL?
From what I recall, once you accepted AFL money then you had to set your budget and have it approved by the AFL, with weekly updates made to show you were sticking to it.

So if a Burgess suddenly becomes available they'd already have their budget set and can't go outside what that would be and I don't think the AFL would budge on letting you increase it since they were already running fine spending X amount of dollars.

All fair, I see the appeal of Goodings though. I think he is a genuine supporter. The other candidates didn't really offer much without knowing them.

I don't see the appeal of Jamerson, I can't believe we didn't have another ex player that could put their name up.
I'd like think they all are genuine supporters, I know Klemich definitely is.

This might sound harsh, but the only appeal with Goodings is that he's a Channel 7 newsreader and is a favourite of the blue rinse brigade.

Maybe next year we can vote Keith Conlon onto the board too 🤣🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

News Board Nominations now with Poll

Back