Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
After this much of a * up, there's every chance people try to save their own and turn to Hird again in the blind hope that 'populism' will fly with enough nuffies to survive.
Its not about populism or anything else - I'd rather support a club I can be passionate and have heart about as opposed to being a vanilla corporate entity with a football team full of marshmallows. Bring him back I say. I'm all in for it. Its hard to fully extrapolate the data given the other factors around it but can the guy inspire and install effort in a team - absolutely... can he think tactically - pretty sure he was fairly astute in these areas... does everyone deserve a second chance - everyone thats ever been perfect might say no, the rest of us rely on second chances...

Jim Carey Drake GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In regards to Clarko, the man literally chose an absolute basket case list over ours. A list that can't even put a leash on an 18 year old, who is by all signs ready to gtfo.

If that's the kind of pursuit he's choosing then it's quite clear he's not in the right frame of mind to coach us. Dodged a bullet.

He had a choice between two basket cases. He chose the one he has stronger ties to and the one that didn't implode earlier this week.

Whether we want to admit it or not, the Essendon football club is a complete shit show and has been for a very long time. We may be one of the worst run 'professional' sporting teams in Australia. The idea that we are somehow better than North - or better placed for long-term success - seems horribly misplaced and just typical Essendon entitlement.

In regards to Clarko, the man literally chose an absolute basket case list over ours. A list that can't even put a leash on an 18 year old, who is by all signs ready to gtfo.

If that's the kind of pursuit he's choosing then it's quite clear he's not in the right frame of mind to coach us. Dodged a bullet.
This could be the most positive Effington post today.

He had a choice between two basket cases. He chose the one he has stronger ties to and the one that didn't implode earlier this week.

Whether we want to admit it or not, the Essendon football club is a complete s**t show and has been for a very long time. We may be one of the worst run 'professional' sporting teams in Australia. The idea that we are somehow better than North - or better placed for long-term success - seems horribly misplaced and just typical Essendon entitlement.

I don't think it is that. I think that his head was turned with a more monied club and probably a quick rebuild. However, it would be crazy to jump at that considering how detailed the process was going to Norf. He's going to have the team he wants and will walk into it early next week. He'll get to be part of the exit meetings and start with the list build from the draft.

If he was to come to Essendon he doesn't know who his staff is etc. What is their list management strategy for the upcoming off-season etc?

Sheeds doesn’t make jibes at other clubs unless he knows something. As soon as he bagged North about Clarko taking them to Tassie it was a given that we weren’t getting him.

When Robbo mentioned earlier this year that we shouldn’t be surprised if Hird returned I was gobsmacked that such narrative would arise at all.

You do wonder about the machinations going on behind the scenes. At this point, from an optics perspective, we are so far gone that a Hird return is almost the shot in the arm I need to even care about our direction. Something irresistibly against the grain sort of gets my juices flowing, unlike the sense of ‘meh’ I’ve had about this club since Damien Cupido left.

Bruh

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back