Boomers and Opals

Remove this Banner Ad

Next Boomers squad and coach

Hey guys, just wondered who you think will be part of the london olympics 2012 squad for the boomers and the next coach given gjoorjian is unlikely to continue on.
Personally, i'd love Gjoorjian to coach again, but couldn't really think of anyone besides Westover or maybe Joey Wright.

I reckon the squad would have Jawai, Mills, Bogut, Newley, Barlow, Worthington and Jingles in it. Possibly Schenscher and Aaron Bruce, although I haven't seen much of them.
Interestingly, I found this site, msfbasketball, listing all the aussies playing college ball in america, and there is at least 50 or so, which hopefully gives us a lot of talent to pick from. But losing guys like Fergus Watts to afl doesn't help, apparently he was a gun baller.

Re: Next Boomers squad and coach

Chubbs, I've merged the above post (and new thread) with the existing Boomers thread.

It's just not thread-worthy.

Nor is it sponge-worthy, or James Worthy.

Carry on.....

Ouch, not James Worthy? Damn him and his awesome goggles, i'm shattered.

Three NBA championships, and in one of those years was named MVP for the Finals.

A 7-time NBA All Star.

Him and his goggles > you and your threads

Re: Next Boomers squad and coach

Hey guys, just wondered who you think will be part of the london olympics 2012 squad for the boomers and the next coach given gjoorjian is unlikely to continue on.
Personally, i'd love Gjoorjian to coach again, but couldn't really think of anyone besides Westover or maybe Joey Wright.

I reckon the squad would have Jawai, Mills, Bogut, Newley, Barlow, Worthington and Jingles in it. Possibly Schenscher and Aaron Bruce, although I haven't seen much of them.
Interestingly, I found this site, msfbasketball, listing all the aussies playing college ball in america, and there is at least 50 or so, which hopefully gives us a lot of talent to pick from. But losing guys like Fergus Watts to afl doesn't help, apparently he was a gun baller.

Goorjian may coach. He just needs a rest after a tumultuous year, nationally and in the NBL with the demise of the Kings.

Those players you mention will all be in the running, as will Andrew Ogilvie, who starred in the year he's just had with Vanderbilt. He was/is their gun big guy!

The future's bright. No one will ever match the depth of the US. I'd like to think that we'll be competitive again, especially against everyone else.

T'toes

The Opals are rebounding like Demons, they just can't make a close range shot.

China shouldn't be a problem. They're a big step below the Opals in the world pecking order. If Penny Taylor was playing as well we'd be ahead by 30 right now, even if they are coached by our ex coach and captain! They certainly have the crowd behind 'em. Who'd have guessed?

T'toes

Yeah, it looks pretty under control.
How big does the lead have to get before they bring on the hot one?

The sister of our own Nathan Grima has just got her first minutes.

Hot one?

Ed doesnt play Basketball, although he could.

She is no Ed, but Erin Philips goes alright

0,,5992594,00.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah twinkles i just saw some of ogilvy's work on aussiehoopsamerica site, another guy Baynes and Nevill. Geez, we've got a fair few college centres to pick from, which is good news. Some dude Aki or something is meant to be nba potential, throws down some dunks. I think we really need a quality shooting guard, Jingles showed something, but we need someone who can just drain three's consistently, like Ginobli.

The opals are doing ok, but were terrible from the field. They don't use Summerton enough imo, she finishes off nice and makes good position in the paint.

Hottest ones are probably Summerton, Phillips and Randall.

I know its an old thread and all, but just thought I'd say Erin Phillips just won a wnba title with Indiana Fever.
Still can't understand her not being selected for London. Big mistake, she can flat out score.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back