Roast Boycott Barratt

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaspard

Team Captain
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just skimmed Barrett's AFL site article on Melbourne and Petracca. It was disturbing to see the number of times he referred to the knee in the ribs that Petracca suffered as a "hit". He is clearly seeking to give the impression that Petracca was targeted and deliberately collected. Barrett took the opportunity to have a snipe at Maynard as he drove by. Anyone looking at the event can see that Moore was attacking the ball, and that is where his eyes are focussed throughout. It is appalling that a journalist employed by the AFL can't raise a legitimate concern (the decision to send Petracca back on) without using language carefully designed to denigrate players. I will no longer read his offerings to at least deny him that clicks he craves. I recommend all Collingwood supporters, and footy followers in general, do the same.

I just skimmed Barrett's AFL site article on Melbourne and Petracca. It was disturbing to see the number of times he referred to the knee in the ribs that Petracca suffered as a "hit". He is clearly seeking to give the impression that Petracca was targeted and deliberately collected. Barrett took the opportunity to have a snipe at Maynard as he drove by. Anyone looking at the event can see that Moore was attacking the ball, and that is where his eyes are focussed throughout. It is appalling that a journalist employed by the AFL can't raise a legitimate concern (the decision to send Petracca back on) without using language carefully designed to denigrate players. I will no longer read his offerings to at least deny him that clicks he craves. I recommend all Collingwood supporters, and footy followers in general, do the same.
Is he a Melbourne supporter?, because that's the opinion of every one of those idiots

Barratt follows Norda Melbourne.
Follows is a stretch. Not saying a "journo" should be biased by any means, but I've never seen someone shit on their own team with such relentless negativity as Barrett. Even with all of North's failures over recent history.

He isn't saying in any way that the injury to Petraca is deliberate. You all need to stop being sensitive.
Nuh. His choice of language is deliberate. When you call a collision in a marking contest a hit you are looking to apportion blame without actually saying so. He knows exactly what he is doing. The mention of Maynard as a possible tackler who would exacerbate the injury is also deliberate use of language to denigrate a player he doesn't like without actually saying he thinks Maynard is a thug who shouldn't be playing. It is a mistake to give someone who writes for a living the benefit of the doubt over the meaning of what they write. It is done with malice aforethought.

Nuh. His choice of language is deliberate. When you call a collision in a marking contest a hit you are looking to apportion blame without actually saying so. He knows exactly what he is doing. The mention of Maynard as a possible tackler who would exacerbate the injury is also deliberate use of language to denigrate a player he doesn't like without actually saying he thinks Maynard is a thug who shouldn't be playing. It is a mistake to give someone who writes for a living the benefit of the doubt over the meaning of what they write. It is done with malice aforethought.

If it’s the same Barrett article as the one I read, it was the Melbourne medicos and leadership he was going hard at. (and I was inclined to agree with him - sure I’m not a doctor, but gee, common sense should prevail, he clearly wasn’t in good shape)

But yeah, Barrett is the worst of the commentators IMO. He’s essentially a professional shit stirrer.

If it’s the same Barrett article as the one I read, it was the Melbourne medicos and leadership he was going hard at. (and I was inclined to agree with him - sure I’m not a doctor, but gee, common sense should prevail, he clearly wasn’t in good shape)

But yeah, Barrett is the worst of the commentators IMO. He’s essentially a professional shit stirrer.
I agree with you on the substance of the article, and the correctness of his argument. My issue is with the gratuitous snide attacks on Moore and to a lesser extent Maynard that he slipped in as a bit of quite unnecessary nastiness.

I agree with you on the substance of the article, and the correctness of his argument. My issue is with the gratuitous snide attacks on Moore and to a lesser extent Maynard that he slipped in as a bit of quite unnecessary nastiness.
Barrett is too interested in how he looks for me to ever take any notice of him. Don't like him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Boycott Barratt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back