Boyd has surgery to repair broken hand

Remove this Banner Ad

Master Coach

Debutant
Nov 24, 2007
Australasia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Rest him. Surely we don't need him against a terrible adelaide side at etihad.

And replace him with who? We have noone left and it is now scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Picken, Reid and Ward are months away and we are in deep trouble depth wise.

It is the 'we don't need him against such a crap team' talk that if believed by the team will see them lose yet another game. Adelaide won't play like this forever and the dogs aren't much better.

Yikes. Bad, bad, bad news for my DT.

Gut feeling - do you guys reckon he'll be given the week off? He seems a pretty tough player, surely/hopefully he'll play through it?

Yeah you should probably trade him.

ouch!!!

Cooney, Gia and Co. need to step up big time this week.

And those that think Adelaide are going to be a walkover are sadly mistaken. The press is crucifying the club this week and they are going to come out breathing fire.

Big game!

And replace him with who? We have noone left and it is now scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Picken, Reid and Ward are months away and we are in deep trouble depth wise.

Maybe you should have a look at the list. We actually have something like 42 players to select from.

It is a great opportunity for younger players to show their talents when we get injuries.

Maybe you should have a look at the list. We actually have something like 42 players to select from.

It is a great opportunity for younger players to show their talents when we get injuries.

There are alot of injuries and most of the others are not ready.. so you're going to promote a rookie and keep the injured out longer??

If he doesn't come up, I reckon we give Wood a game. I know he hasn't been setting the world alight in the 2's, but he didn't last year and he still went alright when he got the call up.

Tough as nails and a bit of an athlete, and we need all the run we can get at the moment.

If he doesn't come up, I reckon we give Wood a game. I know he hasn't been setting the world alight in the 2's, but he didn't last year and he still went alright when he got the call up.

Tough as nails and a bit of an athlete, and we need all the run we can get at the moment.

Yet another injured player:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

aksnlsakdms.

Ah well. Dustin Martin to the rescue this week. Spewing because I just brought Boyd in last week. Hopefully he can give me something in the long run.

Good luck to him, cheers guys.

Only misses one i think.. Although you never know...

Would be terrible to risk Boyd and have it backfire.. Given its early days I see no value in risking further injury. Having tendons and muscle cut takes time to heal and needs rehabilitation.

Yet another injured player:thumbsdown:

Really? Shit****. These injuries are getting me down. The big problem is that they've all hit a certain type of player. Injuries are fine if they are spread out, one KPD, one forward, one runner, one inside mid etc. But we've got something like 4-5 inside mids out. Doesn't matter how deep your depth is, not even Geelong or St Kilda could cover that.

I've seen people comment that our lack of depth is being exposed, but it makes it hard when your depth is also injured.

Boyd is a big loss this week, but Wood is listed as "Test" on the WB injury list and Reid is no longer listed as injured according to the WB web site. Stack is available and we do have Cooney, Griffen, Cross, Higgins, Eagleton, Giansiracusa, Akermanis, Addison and Moles to use in the midfield.
The rotations will be important and Adelaide's midfield is very ordinary.

Boyd is a big loss this week, but Wood is listed as "Test" on the WB injury list and Reid is no longer listed as injured according to the WB web site. Stack is available and we do have Cooney, Griffen, Cross, Higgins, Eagleton, Giansiracusa, Akermanis, Addison and Moles to use in the midfield.
The rotations will be important and Adelaide's midfield is very ordinary.

This says otherwise.. in fact, it says everyone will be out longer:confused:

http://www.injuryupdate.com.au/afl.php

It says Ward has OP. Thats pretty much his season if true.

Well, Moles just has to step up. Its his AFL career he is playing for over the next couple of weeks.

Our midfield is deep, we can cover this - we have guys like Aker and Guido who have been playing mainly as small forwards because of our depth who will now just get more time in the middle.

It says Ward has OP. Thats pretty much his season if true.

Well, Moles just has to step up. Its his AFL career he is playing for over the next couple of weeks.

Our midfield is deep, we can cover this - we have guys like Aker and Guido who have been playing mainly as small forwards because of our depth who will now just get more time in the middle.

The AFL Injury website is often inaccurate. The Club has said that Ward does not have OP, but he needs a few weeks rest and then an intensive training program for a few weeks. I think it was James Fantasia who said this.
The WB website has Ward being 5 weeks away from resuming, probably with Williamstown for 1 or 2 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Boyd has surgery to repair broken hand

Remove this Banner Ad

Back