Brace yourselves for the Bob Murphy wankfest

Remove this Banner Ad

Bob is a weird looking cat. Had a chat to him and found myself tilting my head from side to side trying to work out if he had a skin mask covering his face Texas Chainsaw style. The proportions and dimensions seem all wrong, skin like cat leather, hairline in the wrong place.
Disconcerting... Hope he didn't notice me noticing.

Too good

Only from Dogs flogs coming out of the woodwork.. not even a flag would make anyone else care much

Yet here you are posting in a thread about it.

extreme-ironing_o_1563419.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good honest plodder who seems to have endeared himself to the media by being so quirky and individual. In fact I'd suggest Murphy was quirky before the word was even first used. Just an average "rascal" with average stats, whose team performed better when he didn't play. Averaged 1.5 tackles a game for his whole career as a defender.

A good honest plodder who seems to have endeared himself to the media by being so quirky and individual. In fact I'd suggest Murphy was quirky before the word was even first used. Just an average "rascal" with average stats, whose team performed better when he didn't play. Averaged 1.5 tackles a game for his whole career as a defender.
You mean about the 180 or so games as a defender? Played most of his footy under Eade up forward......

So his defensive skills as a forward were awful as well. Eddie Betts averages 3 tackles per game over his career as a forward.
If you actually ever bothered to look at his forward play he was an excellent hit up forward who was compared to Stevie J at the time.

Guys like Matthew Robbins and Mitch Hahn did all the grunt work.

If you actually ever bothered to look at his forward play he was an excellent hit up forward who was compared to Stevie J at the time.

Guys like Matthew Robbins and Mitch Hahn did all the grunt work.

His highest ever goal average for a season was 1.4. He was so excellent as a hit up forward they moved him to defence.

2 AA's, 0 B&F's, 0 flags...in what, 17 seasons? 2nd choice captain after the first captain hated the coach and the place so much he fled to the Giants.

Excuse me if I don't wank myself silly to this guy. Good half-back flanker who is clearly a great leader to galvanise the Dogs group, but nothing special as a player. Marginally ahead of Drew Petrie in career achievements which says it all. Every club would have him but every club would also have Josh Jenkins too.

On reputation you'd think he'd be a premiership player with multiple B&F's and AA's to his name.

2 AA's, 0 B&F's, 0 flags...in what, 17 seasons? 2nd choice captain after the first captain hated the coach and the place so much he fled to the Giants.

Excuse me if I don't wank myself silly to this guy. Good half-back flanker who is clearly a great leader to galvanise the Dogs group, but nothing special as a player. Marginally ahead of Drew Petrie in career achievements which says it all. Every club would have him but every club would also have Josh Jenkins too.

On reputation you'd think he'd be a premiership player with multiple B&F's and AA's to his name.
Really?, this is just lazy. If you are going to have a dip you should have pointed out the fact that Bob has in fact been overlooked for captain on at least 6 occasions with even Luke (say that again) Darcy even getting the nod over Bob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brace yourselves for the Bob Murphy wankfest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back