Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Who said Crouch is holding out for money? You don't have a contract offer in front of him according to reports.
32yo McKay is on $400K per year. Atkins is apparently getting between $400K - $500K per year to head to GC. Brad is the crows best player and was on considerably more than that and the club are not going to tail OFF $200K per year for his next contract. THE only reason he has been allowed to look around is to see if a big enough deal could be had that allows him to get his big payday and the crows pick 2 - test the market. If it really is..and that is utter crap..$450K or thereabouts per year, then he will be taking a massive pay CUT from where he was at. Not the modus operandi of a guy wanting to get that big contract in the prime playing years of his AFL career

If you want him, why are you signing him to this 450k deal? It looks as if you want to move him on. Might be wrong there but thats what it looks like from the outside.
Cos I couldn’t see anyone offering him 450k way too low. If we could sign him to that we would have done so already guaranteed

I dont believe the 450k offer for one second but I also sure as hell know that Brad Crouch won’t be at Adelaide. He won’t be signing another contract with Adelaide whether they attempt to match or not. He’s gone!

In the end you can see it a mile away that Adel will be offered at least end of 1st round worst case. I mean band 3 compo is the same result for Adel - pick 20. There is no chance it would be band 4. If they take that or not who knows. He ain’t worth a pick under 13 that’s for sure.

32yo McKay is on $400K per year. Atkins is apparently getting between $400K - $500K per year to head to GC. Brad is the crows best player and was on considerably more than that and the club are not going to tail OFF $200K per year for his next contract. THE only reason he has been allowed to look around is to see if a big enough deal could be had that allows him to get his big payday and the crows pick 2 - test the market. If it really is..and that is utter crap..$450K or thereabouts per year, then he will be taking a massive pay CUT from where he was at. Not the modus operandi of a guy wanting to get that big contract in the prime playing years of his AFL career

This news tidbit clarifys a couple of things... it sounds like it ways more than just a couple of dollars for us to be offering enough to get band 1...

so ... if he is happy in SA ..as reported .. and geelong is the only other offer at 450 ..he stays.

Rich have been linked ..what would they offer.. ? Not sure. Rich could probably find a way to pay that ..or why were they interested in him..

The question is.. do the Crows want him. Its all in their court as I have little doubt they could pay him 450 ... or do they prefer to go to draft with a pick in the early 20's ..which is what band3 would be. For Geelong ..if we only rate him in the 450 range... I cant see us offering one of our R1's for him. If they match its probably a pick later than Band3.

I hope he stays.

This news tidbit clarifys a couple of things... it sounds like it ways more than just a couple of dollars for us to be offering enough to get band 1...

so ... if he is happy in SA ..as reported .. and geelong is the only other offer at 450 ..he stays.

Rich have been linked ..what would they offer.. ? Not sure. Rich could probably find a way to pay that ..or why were they interested in him..

The question is.. do the Crows want him. Its all in their court as I have little doubt they could pay him 450 ... or do they prefer to go to draft with a pick in the early 20's ..which is what band3 would be. For Geelong ..if we only rate him in the 450 range... I cant see us offering one of our R1's for him. If they match its probably a pick later than Band3.

I hope he stays.
If the club are prepared to let him walk for $450K, they may as well close their doors

You guys will work out what you want to do ... keep him for another 80 games or get a kid and bank the dollars to have a dip at a SA player this or next year
well considering the number of picks we already have (incl the Atkins compo to come) and that we are likely still low on the ladder next year and will have more good picks, I'll take 80 games from B Crouch who is our current best mid than a punt on a mid 20's pick which is where a band 2 or 3 will end up

They were saying the same thing about Danger. No way would Geelong do a trade when he was a FA.
If a team wants him as a FA, but also know we won't accept a Second round pick for him, they have two options.
Structure a contract that allows a band 1 compo pick.
They offer him a three year deal on 800k a year. Once he has signed the contract, they extend it by a further year for 300k, giving him a 4 year deal worth 650k per year.
Nothing illegal about that.
Or, they can expect us to match and then trade for him like every other player. If they don't have a first this year, we will take their first next year.

If reports are to be believed, there is a big gap between our offer and Band1 ... so I suspect its up to the Crows. If we only rate him as a 450 player I cant see us trading a heap for him ..and 450 seems below what the Crows are prepared to pay him. Sounds like he stays if both parties are happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Geelong are only offerering $450k, then surely there are clubs in Vic will to pay a heap more than that?

Saints? North?
If Crouch was looking at GC last year and stayed at Adelaide, then North won't be a heap worse in terms of the next flag tilt!!

Mind you, North have plenty of slow inside mids

If Geelong are only offerering $450k, then surely there are clubs in Vic will to pay a heap more than that?

Saints? North?
If Crouch was looking at GC last year and stayed at Adelaide, then North won't be a heap worse in terms of the next flag tilt!!

Mind you, North have plenty of slow inside mids
If you're talking slow mids, you might be getting Brad confused for his younger brother.

Guys, the answer lies in unrivalled the insight of the AFL Media's Chief Correspondent. It's so clear, why didn't we see this before?

View attachment 981216
did you pdf edit that?..because if anyone was paid to write that garbage they should be sacked on the spot

Edit..I just checked, that dckihead Barrett actually wrote that..what a tool :poo: :poo: :poo:

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back