News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
pssst-sm-jpg.499271
[1] [2]
I was overseas during that entire period and managed to miss this whole thread, and now you've sent me down a rabbit hole. Thanks.

Like that guy that came on last night and laughed it up about how Walsh died?

Nothing to do with the Crouch bid, but who in their right mind would do such a thing anywhere to anyone? Christ it is only football, Walsh lost his life in the most tragic of circumstances.

Hope you reported the prick and he got a perma ban. Holy crap there are some low lifes hiding behind a keyboard. :rolleyes:

Have to say MR I'll go into bat for the club when I think some on here are talking sh*t but if there is even a skerrick of truth in the "we'll take pick 23 and walk away cap in hand" I'll be leading the pitchfork gang. I've got a mate over there that trains a fair string of trotters and I've told him to be ready to load the tip truck with his copious supply of horseshit, destination West Lakes.
Look, if we just let him go for 23, that'll just about be me done for a while.

I won't dump shit on their door, but it's the first time since Tippett that I'll seriously consider cancelling my membership.

I'd probably just take a step back from the AFL. It'd all become a bit ridiculous.

And I think I need to be able to look at the club and justify what they're doing. I don't think I can justify this.

We keep Brad and get Hately for free in the PSD

No more Mr Nice Guy
but if we don't play nice all the other clubs will hate us, even the ones we don't screw, and no one will ever want to work with us to make sure we get Band 1 comp for departing players....

wait

Hatley has less weapons than Brad does. Lacks the breakaway speed and the doesn't get the ball as much as Brad does.
The craze for extra tall mids is coming to an end.
Who won the Brownlow this year?
What size are the mids in the premiership side?
How did Caleb Daniel go this year?
How was Laird as an undersized mid?

You are just basing your opinion of him on his size. Big mistake.
Not saying he won't be a good player, im saying if you think he is a guaranteed replacement for Brad you have no idea.

This post is just cherry picking for your argument.

You are making assumptions on points I haven't even brought up, and as with everyone else continue to ignore Brads durability, and the fact just about every mid declines at 30, with some outliers. We'll be lucky to get 2 years of peak Brad during a rebuild.

There's been gun medium/small sized since forever. It doesnt hurt to have one tall mid, look what happened when Bont played us, no match up, destroyed us. Macrae kills us every time as well.

Breakaway speed is very important, it helped Richmond win a flag, we are hoping Jones becomes that, as well as whatever we use our top midfield pick on this year. Brad has it, but also butchers it a lot.

Daniel is a defender who cost them a prelim when Geary took 4 contested marks on him, and kicked 2 goals. He had a great year but finally got exposed.

If we take Webster or Duncan as well as accepting this stupidity then we are officially the dumbest ******* club in existance.

Those two have NEGATIVE value, St Kilda want to get rid of them so they're not 'doing us a favor'
We’ll do you a favour and offload $450K onto your salary cap for a player not good enough to make our team. No need to thank us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the reports are true - that the offer is $600k base with easily triggered incentives that make the actual wage higher than $700k, the question has to be asked - why would St. Kilda do this??
It can only be because the VFL have orchestrated it this way to ensure no pick 2. It's clear the media have been pushing against pick 2 in Victoria. There has been a clear narrative about it.
So, by tabling this offer Crouch gets the deal he wants, but Crows miss out on pick 2. St. Kilda risk losing Crouch or pick 15, which doesn't seem to benefit them at all. Surely they just make it $700k+ and lock in pick 2 if they are going to end up paying that much anyway??

The only way this makes sense is if the AFL have orchestrated this to make sure we don't get pick 2. Nothing else about it makes any sense at all.
It stinks.
It's being reported the "guaranteed" component is $700K per year .....incentives take it higher again

In fact IT IS consistent with what Rendell stated last week

Surely we are not that stupid

:poo: 🤢

There is a saying that goes, hope for the best and plan for the worst..where this falls is beyond the worst.

The minute a deal like that goes down like that and the commentary hits that the club wants to be aggressive using that pick is the moment my membership is cancelled and I will be on the phone to the club to let them know just how low my opinion of management is

OR Brads Manager has played this beautifully .....would know what would trigger Band1 .....his client Bradley wanted to stay in ADEL, but wanted the best deal

He's got the best market deal ...and Manager surmises Crows won't accept #23, and Brad gets to stay home

Conspiracist theory, yes .....but a viable theory anyways
That still implies the clubs stuffed it up and were manipulated by Brads manager. Whatever way you look at it, if Saints ended up putting in an offer that is just short of band 1, then both clubs suffer and the North are the winners.

If the reports are true - that the offer is $600k base with easily triggered incentives that make the actual wage higher than $700k, the question has to be asked - why would St. Kilda do this??
It can only be because the VFL have orchestrated it this way to ensure no pick 2. It's clear the media have been pushing against pick 2 in Victoria. There has been a clear narrative about it.
So, by tabling this offer Crouch gets the deal he wants, but Crows miss out on pick 2. St. Kilda risk losing Crouch or pick 15, which doesn't seem to benefit them at all. Surely they just make it $700k+ and lock in pick 2 if they are going to end up paying that much anyway??

The only way this makes sense is if the AFL have orchestrated this to make sure we don't get pick 2. Nothing else about it makes any sense at all.
It stinks.
Completely agree.

It stinks.
It would be amateur hour for Brad's manager to agreed to non-secured payments based on easy triggers

Clubs can easily not select a player in a final year contract to keep them under a games played threshold

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That still implies the clubs stuffed it up and were manipulated by Brads manager. Whatever way you look at it, if Saints ended up putting in an offer that is just short of band 1, then both clubs suffer and the North are the winners.
Lethlean above all people knows exactly how the compensation formulae works .....I simply can't imagine why he and St Kilda would miss the trigger point, save a trade, and get the man they obviously wanted

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back