News Brad Ebert traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brad Ebert to Port Adelaide

Someone mentioned earlier that we had an agreed trade without a third party, and an an agreed trade if there was a third party.

Assuming the rumours are correct that we gave up 28 + the chad/dean compo and Hill was involved, then what the hell would we have given up if Hill wasn't involved :eek::eek:

Well, at least we kept some good will with West Coast in this whole deal. Now when Lycett wants to come home, they will be more willing to trade with us rather than settling for the bag of chips and coke that Adelaide will offer just to spite us. :D

The obvious scenario is that we've looked at the draft pool and said that it's not for us past #6, with Ebert and Renouf being a better fit than the players that will be available. With the 2nd or 3rd PSD pick, we should be able to pick up a middling de-listed player on the cheap (something in the Rodan mould would be nice).

There was really no point culling a number of players this year. Next year when we have, in all likely hood, Pick 1/2 and Pick 3/4/5, plus the subsequent low second round draft picks in the late teens/early twenties we can cut deep into our list and get rid of the dead wood. :thumbsu:

Given this had apparently been official for a while now, their is a distinct lack of journalistic twitters announcing the deal.

Are elements of it still getting knocked up ?

Pretty decent day all round, really happy to get Brad to the club. Renouf I'm not so sure about, but with Lobbe and Redden that gives us a couple of options in the ruck, and liking the idea of him in preference to Seaby. Still think we might have paid a touch overs, but some Hawks might think we paid unders, usually the sign of a reasonable trade.

A little concerned about the lack of picks between 6 and 51, but hey with such a weak draft is there any point having a massive cull of the list. Still a few days left to go, so we might end up with another pick or two by the end of it.

Guess it wasn't Rhode holding (or stuffing) things up eh :rolleyes:

Yeah, it obviously isn't complete yet but I think pick 28 is probably gone and Brad Ebert is probably a Port Adelaide player.

find out tomorrow I suppose!

We have to remember we do have the 2nd or 3rd pick in the PSD aswell,

Marc Lock welcome to the club (I hope)

A young, decent player and big midfielder. Yes plezez.

MarcLock_246.jpg

GWS's pick 25 may well come to us

West Coast get Hill & pick 28

GWS get Cornes, Brogan

Bulldogs get pick 45

Port get Ebert & pick 25

plus some swapping of later round draft picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:/

Wow. One draft pick next year. With word that Grigg may have slid to 28, and we could have gotten Ebert in the PSD AND we gave up a decent pick for a shitty ruckman.

Woo.

This draft week makes me feel like b0ydman.

edit: Only way I'll be happy is if Asgardian is correct above.

No chance that Chad and Brogan are worth 25... surely.

GWS traded #25 to Collingwood days ago, they now have #20. And there's no way we're getting anything significant for Chad/Broges

Yup. Less compromised and far stronger draft.

There are plenty compo picks floating around so I wouldn't be surprised if next year's draft is just as compromised as this year.

Great results today. If we don't get any further picks from today's deals, we have done well. Ebert and Renouf at 8 and 23 are great gets.

Welcome home Brad.

You dont rate Boak, Harlett, Gray, Butcher, Trengove as future top quality players???

For christ sake man!! Give these guys some time to develop along with all the other kids on our list

i love those guys so much, and there is room for improvement there but unless we start surrounding them with players of similar talent they will always be doing the work required of many more. we always say the problem is guys like pearce and boak would do much better in a better team, i doubt bringing in ebert and renouf is going to make a big difference there.

alot of the problem is our very best are too few, we only have pick 6 now to add to that. ebert and renouf just mildly close the gap between our best and our fringe players.

GWS traded #25 to Collingwood days ago, they now have #20. And there's no way we're getting anything significant for Chad/Broges

Nope, 25 went to GWS, but as Scooter said it went to the Saints, so my bad

Didnt pick 25 go to St Kilda

Yep

So it'll be another pick from GWS around that mark, maybe the 2011 first round compensation pick (received for Phil Davis)?

Cornes & Brogan, not sure if that equals Pick 25 to be honest.

Of course it does if you think about it long enough:
MARIJUANA-marijuana-2769071-300-300.gif

I don't think GWS have any picks left between 15 and 48, and I seriously doubt the ywould give up a compo pick. Pick 49 is their next available, and thats rumoured to go to bulldogs is this 4 club Ebert deal gets up.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brad Ebert traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back