Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You know I really don’t think there will be.

I think we’re all expecting the deal to get done and the price is going to be somewhere in the vicinity of 6.

If they got him for a downgraded say 10 ...I’d be pi**ed off for an hour and then look at who we were getting and say well played Saints.

If we got 6 and say Bruce compo ...I’d be ecstatic and St K fans pi**ed off for an hour and then rejoice in getting Hill.

The Tim Kelly thread is where pistols will be drawn.

Please keep me updated regarding TK.

Guess you're mob can choose between Hill or King then hey?
Pick 6 for king
Future first for hill

Or the other options are we split pick 6 and send you another first.

All I'm saying is dont count the chickens before they've hatched

Pick 6 for king
Future first for hill

Literally no way that happens. No benefits at all for Freo to take a future 1st for a player with 2 years left on a contract. Why wouldn’t we just play him next year and see if another club from Melbourne inquires/what the Saints offer in 12 months time?

Pick 6 for king
Future first for hill

Future first in the most compromised draft since GC and GWS entered the league? If there's a time to dust off this saying its now - cool story bro.

It's pretty clear that its a deal involving pick 6 or no deal. Bell has said that, now your team says that they are going to trade the pick.

If its for another deal then the only people counting their chickens would be the saints recruiting team who think they're getting BHill without pick 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Future first in the most compromised draft since GC and GWS entered the league? If there's a time to dust off this saying its now - cool story bro.

It's pretty clear that its a deal involving pick 6 or no deal. Bell has said that, now your team says that they are going to trade the pick.

If its for another deal then the only people counting their chickens would be the saints recruiting team who think they're getting BHill without pick 6.
If it's pick 6 I think somethings coming back the other way

We've been over this...it's Brad Hill going the other way.
Of course.

I think most neutrals would think pick 6 + Acres + some late picks for Hill + 2nd rounder say pick 25ish.

The late picks will help with ya academy players.

We could then use pick 25 to get back into the first round.

You're team is preparing you for the cost. You realise that?

Why say anything about losing pick 6 before trade week has even started if it's not about the PR battle?
I think most saints fans were expecting to lose pick 6 for Hill. I don't think there's any need to manage expectation on this.

More he answered the question honestly.

Sounds like a whole host of scenarios from st kilda side are being weighted up given we need to secure 3 players so far.

Of course.

I think most neutrals would think pick 6 + Acres + some late picks for Hill + 2nd rounder say pick 25ish.

You're making a massive generalisation about most neutrals. Most neutrals have said that pick 6 is about fair. The reasonable in the media have said pick 6 is fair.

Acres is a Hayden Crozier type trade. Worth a 3rd rounder.

You're making a massive generalisation about most neutrals. Most neutrals have said that pick 6 is about fair. The reasonable in the media have said pick 6 is fair.

Acres is a Hayden Crozier type trade. Worth a 3rd rounder.
Disagree on that completely. crozier came through a really poor compromised draft.

Acres was a much higher selection. Acres is also a mid. Just hasn't had the opportunity. Has flexibility to play inside outside and fwd.

Acres numbers are alot better. Also tall.

Of course.

Which academy players exactly?

Which academy players exactly?
There's atleast two high quality ones this year. Isaah Butters kicked 4 goals and starred in the Colts grand final. Didn't play much WAFL footy this year but when he did he starred.

Liam henrey is also highly rated.

Here's the list:

Isaiah Butters
Liam Henry
Manfred Kelly
Leno Thomas

Disagree on that completely. crozier came through a really poor compromised draft.

Acres was a much higher selection. Acres is also a mid. Just hasn't had the opportunity. Has flexibility to play inside outside and fwd.

Acres numbers are alot better. Also tall.
Pumping up Acres tyres nicely. Crozier just finished top ten in WB F&B. Out of curiosity, what is Acres best finish? Not a loaded question, I have no idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Back