Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I never said all our kpfs were elite players. Lobb fills a role well as a ff/ruck. Tabs can play a role as a chf or forward flanker Just like
Cam
Freo seem to have reversed their aversion for KPF, but really stockpiled middle range talents that may shine in another team, but together don't work.

WC went the same route and stockpiled small forwards, but that worked out. Mostly because they are more versatile.

You have Sean Darcy and Lobb. A young developing ruck and avg ruck/fwd who can take a grab. Lock em in. Then you have your main goal kicking FF, which should be Hogan. Early in his career he looked like an upgrade on Darling. Big, athletic, powerful mark at full stretch, great tackling, huge endurance. A gun CHF. But clearly fitness and injury and poor development at Melbourne has transformed him into a more sedentary player. He should now be your stay at home JK type though (circa '18). That's his potential.

So you have space for 1 more tall. Lobb and Hogan should be enough, but despite injury their production is still low. Cam McCarthy would ideally be that guy, even if he plays "best" as a roaming HF, but he is another that can't seem to get their body or game right.

Ideally Tarberner is playing in the WAFL. So, change in game style should and I stress should, help the other 3 increase their offensive tally. But you can't have 3 talented guys failing to compete enough in the air/offering something up the ground, not applying enough pressure and not kicking sufficient goals. At least 1 has to be a 50 goal a year forward for Freo to make and possibly win a final. Otherwise, ditch one more tall and find another gun small.

I reckon pick 6 is what Hill is worth , add to that his contracted for two more years and I think they have to pay either Acres or a very early second round pick if they want us to release him.

hahahahaha
He just came third in the Doig medal behind the current best player in the Afl = Fyfe, and Walters Both made the all Australian team , most experts reckon if they played wingmen in the All Australian team Brad Hill would have been one of the two named , pay up or we keep him.

He just came third in the Doig medal behind the current best player in the Afl = Fyfe, and Walters Both made the all Australian team , most experts reckon if they played wingmen in the All Australian team Brad Hill would have been one of the two named , pay up or we keep him.

Picks 6 and ~20 is ridiculous. You'll get 6, which is more than he's worth. Anything else will be minor picks/swapping.

Pick 6 is what Hill is worth.No more, no less.

Hopefully they can just get it done early and be done with it. Wishful thinking I know.
I think the deal is pretty much done however there will be probably some 3rd round picks being swapped as these sort of trades tend to have that happen.

Or possibly some future picks to freo for potential 2020 bidding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies as I’m sure it’s been covered...

What’s the chances of freo holding hill to his contract? It’s his girlfriend who wants to return home no kids involved and a front loaded contract with freo if the media is correct?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What’s the chances of freo holding hill to his contract? It’s his girlfriend who wants to return home no kids involved and a front loaded contract with freo if the media is correct?

Close to zero IMO

Talk from Bell is all about getting a good deal, not about keeping him at Freo.

We've got the pick there to make them happy. It's almost a certainty.

It's all about the $$$ 350k at Freo for the next 2 years or $800+ at Saints for the next 5 years it's a NO BRAINER. He can give his girlfriend an extra 200K spending money a year she will say anything to get the deal done.

It's all about the $$$ 350k at Freo for the next 2 years or $800+ at Saints for the next 5 years it's a NO BRAINER. He can give his girlfriend an extra 200K spending money a year she will say anything to get the deal done.
He did ask for a trade to Hawthorn last year and I doubt they were offering 800k.

I suspect the Saints heard the news and realised he was going to ask for a trade again so gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

I love the idea that you must give what you have and how it applies to the AFL. Imagine this theory in the real world

"I want to buy your house, whats the asking price "
"550 000, what house do you have"
"A 5 x 2, its worth about 700 000"
"Okay I want 700 000"

Just because they have it doesnt mean YOU get it. The answer here would be for Eagles to get pick 11 and then trade pick 11 + pick 14 for pick 5. Geelong can take pick 5 for Kelly or we can grab him in the draft. St Kilda give Freo pick 11 and pick upgrade, St Kilda eventually keep pick 14 to use in the draft.

I love the idea that you must give what you have and how it applies to the AFL. Imagine this theory in the real world

"Okay I want 700 000"

Just because they have it doesnt mean YOU get it. The answer here would be for Eagles to get pick 11 and then trade pick 11 + pick 14 for pick 5. Geelong can take pick 5 for Kelly or we can grab him in the draft. St Kilda give Freo pick 11 and pick upgrade, St Kilda eventually keep pick 14 to use in the draft.
How are WC getting puck 11?

Saints have pick 6 not 5

"Okay I want 700 000"

Or Freo just take pick 6 off Saints and dangle it in front of Geelong themselves.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

"Okay I want 700 000"

Great analogy.

Can I just clarify - in your example has the house still got 2 years to run on its contract?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Back