Remove this Banner Ad

May 28, 2007
Adelaide S.A.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
i read in the paper the other day.a bloke was talking about brant
chambers from sturt.wat he said was true.y should the crows pick him.he has kicked 56 goals for sturt.he would be great at fall forward.carmon craigie pick him in the next draft.:)

I got told off for taking the P out of sms speak so in light of this I will respond as I would do so for any other thread

I named Brant as my ''Porplyzia'' player as one who may come through and get a sniff at a chance, I didnt realise he was 27.

I also think while he dominates the SANFL, like Medhurst, he would be a small forward in the AFL. I do think he is a good mark and maybe there were issues and reasons the AFC went Gill .

The initial report that a bloke was talking about in the paper wat he sed was about having a mid year draft to cover injuries etc . This draft could be for players like Gaspar and in years gone by a Capuano who have ben basically told they have no future at their current clubs. It would also benefit clubs who could cover injuries by drafting state level players

I thought the idea had merit but would need some flesh and bones on the idea more

I think when he hit the scene back in 02 he may have been a chance to be picked. Back then he was 22, built like a tank and was one of the comps leading goal kickers. Now, his time has probably passed but I think given the right training and development he is someone that could have made a decent crack at it. Thats if he even nominated for the draft.

I am a massive Brant fan and rekon he is a star @ SANFL level.

But the article that was written was more tongue in cheek about Brant playin for the crows.

I thought it was a good article though and made sense of the scenarios such as Gasper and Capuano and so forth.

I rate Chambers but only at SANFL level. He can be easily held when the right research is done. He kicked four goals against Norwood but I think only had one to 3/4 while the previous game against Norwood he might have only kicked one for the game and been the main target. Both times he has been held by Nick Lower who while a pomising player hasn't got himself into the Power team. My point is I think he would really struggle against quality oppositon and i a crowded forward line as we see in AFL these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging on this years form he would have been a better pick than Gill (but then again right now my grandma would too). The last few years he's really improved his accuracy - when he first started we'd plead with him to handball whenever he took a grab more than 12 metres out. I think this year he's had a better preseason - he normally plays the off season in Darwin but has given it a miss.

Certainly can take the one grab mark, has a good lead and leap and is strong enough to hold his ground. Has been double and even triple teamed this year, reckon he'd love the chance to be the second forward in the crows colours and compete one on one. Does tend to spit the dummy a bit , would have to pull his head in.

As much as I love this guy I had to laugh at the suggestion we should even think about picking him up. A great SANFL forward but as has been mentioned, others have been tried and have failed badly. Maybe this guy was just trying to be the Sturt Drummond ??;) Only kidding mate

As previous it is all about some sort of mid season top up.

Just an example and wouldnt happen.

But the whole midseason thing has some merit I think !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

brant chambers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back