Off-topic Breaking News Story: Living in Geelong. What's it really like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I am living in Geelong for a month soon. What should I expect?
I'll be in Newtown which is the richest suburb of Geelong.
Norlane is not that far away if I need any gear.
My imagination is telling me there will probably be a meth house somewhere on the street and that there will be many unhealthy people on the streets eating fast food.

The National Wool museum is a must! It was opened by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second back in 1988! There is so much to do in the museum, like walk around and look at things made of or in some way related to wool. It is the only comprehensive wool museum in the entire world! I got some incredible woolen mittens from there.

VictorianCollections-large.jpg

My imagination is telling me there will probably be a meth house somewhere on the street and that there will be many unhealthy people on the streets eating fast food.
Let me shout you the greatest savoury jaffle in the Southern Hemisphere.

4462b3536a308cc0c09fa5d77caff409

The National Wool museum is a must! It was opened by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second back in 1988! There is so much to do in the museum, like walk around and look at things made of or in some way related to wool. It is the only comprehensive wool museum in the entire world! I got some incredible woolen mittens from there.

VictorianCollections-large.jpg
Got dragged there by an ex once. Nearly fell asleep walking through there

Let me shout you the greatest savoury jaffle in the Southern Hemisphere.

4462b3536a308cc0c09fa5d77caff409
The Corio Bay Roadhouse has been The Home of the Drumstick since way back before Port Adelaide was even thought of being established. #HistoryAndCulture

I googled "Things to do in Richmond" and got incredibly excited for a moment because it seemed like there was a rich history of architecture wonders to explore like this bridge establised in 1823:
_42.jpg

Then I remembered that is the good Richmond located in Tasmania. So I refined my search to Melbourne's Richmond to see what I could fi... oh dear :eekv1:

attachment.aspx

rockstar-energy-were-giving-out-cans-at-richmond-station-v0-a23qg8yrstmc1.jpg

image.jpg

Microphones work weirdly there. Strange radio frequency issues. I think some of the population are trying to contact aliens.
No wonder Geelong players don't live there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have my sympathies.

Off-topic Breaking News Story: Living in Geelong. What's it really like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back