redandblackveins

Debutant
Aug 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bendigo Bombers
Just heard on SEN that Rama has retired as stated by Sheeds on Adelaide radio interview. Press conference at Windy Hill later today.

Sad day for all bomber fans and football fans.

Good Luck Rama.

Seems the report isn't quite accurate.
The football club is making a statement at 2:30, but Sheeds said a bit more than he was supposed to.

Whether that means what he said was incorrect, or just to early we'll find out soon.

Thats a shame. But I wish him all the best. Im sure he hasnt come to this decision lightly. All the best Rama.

Rama hasn't retired.

What Sheedy said appeared to be an opinion. In Sheedy's opinion he doesn't think Rama can get back to playing footy, but the good news is the club is going to give him every opportunity to get back. Meanwhile, he'll continue to operate in a coaching role.

Good luck to him.

I'm not sure why Richmond supporters seem to think Kevin Sheedy isn't allowed an opinion.

From the sounds of things he was asked if he thinks Rama will play again, he said no.
SEN took that as an official answer.

The Dice Man said:
Sheedy has a serious case of Foot in Mouth disease it would seem.

And Wallace has a serious case of Man In Closet Disease it would seem.

"I have enormous admiration for Sheeds, I have no problems with regards to our relationship whatsoever" - Terry Wallace

illnino said:
And Wallace has a serious case of Man In Closet Disease it would seem.

"I have enormous admiration for Sheeds, I have no problems with regards to our relationship whatsoever" - Terry Wallace

I reckon Sheedy and Wallace are more similar than most people think.. They just grew up in a different generation.

They're both showmen, they're both tactictally astute and they both have a certain ruthlessness about them.

They both also seem to have healthy egos.

Very very sad to hear! but you never know what may happen in the future, i'm sure that if he does want to give it another shot Sheedy will be the first to say there is a spot on the list for him.
For a player with such talent and skill it is so unfair for him.

i also heard he will be on ch.10 commentating for out game sat night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I'm very sad, I wish to thank Rama for being such a great Bomber, you will forever be considered one.

I hope one day that Rama will be able to overcome his Cancer.

PS to those non Essendon people whom wish to make points, all I can say is you show what little class you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Breaking News

Remove this Banner Ad

Back