Guernsey 15
First Name Sam
Last Name GIBSON
Date of Birth 27/05/86
Height 184
Weight 81
Previous Clubs Oakleigh Charges/Camberwell Grammer

Sam%20Gibson.jpg

mate suckling rejected the swans offer to join them mate...maxfield went to his house on theurs to convince him to sign with them..he elected to go in the open rookie draft due to the amount of clubs inetrestred..he had trained with the hawks for a week leading up to today..so that is a good sign for hawthorn...collected 36 touches vs Tassie in a challenge cup game

mate suckling rejected the swans offer to join them mate...maxfield went to his house on theurs to convince him to sign with them..he elected to go in the open rookie draft due to the amount of clubs inetrestred..he had trained with the hawks for a week leading up to today..so that is a good sign for hawthorn...collected 36 touches vs Tassie in a challenge cup game

Either he's very stupid not to join a very successful like the Swans or very talented to risk his worth in the open draft.

I'm hoping it's the latter. ;)

You serious?

That's disturbing.

how is it disturbing...if he goes to syd he dhe is in line with 6 otha rookies for a promtion to snr list. at hawks, whom said theyd take him earlier, he is only 1 of 3 rookies...obvious mate..look at hawthorns potential too but..may win a preiership in yrs to come, frankilin, hodge, dowler ect.

Can't see what the fuss is about - the kid made a good choice. He's from Wagga anyway - its not like going to Sydney would be more convenient. Exceptional kick of the footy and I'll look forward to seeing how he performs in the VFL next year.

I think 'disturbing' is the wrong word to use in this context. Its certainly a brave decision and best of luck to the young lad.

Disturbing from our perspective. We'd be very unhappy that kids from southern NSW - where the majority of the state's talent, such as it is, comes from - are more interested in going to Melbourne than Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

footyman- i dnt think u will see him playin in the VFL nxt yr a whole lot mate..he has currently got OP (ostitous Pubis) and wont commence training untill Feb..atm he is only riding the bike which rules out kicking and running.

This is what I know about Suckling. He's probably one of the best, if not the best, kick in the draft. Accurate with penetration.

The reason no one wanted him previous to Hawthorn picking him up was because he had a poor overall attitude. And if he's only getting picked up in the third round of the rookie draft that must be some kind of attitude problem :eek:

This is what I know about Suckling. He's probably one of the best, if not the best, kick in the draft. Accurate with penetration.

The reason no one wanted him previous to Hawthorn picking him up was because he had a poor overall attitude. And if he's only getting picked up in the third round of the rookie draft that must be some kind of attitude problem :eek:
Imagine what they would be saying about G Abletts attitude if he was in the draft?

gandaal ur a tosser mate..bet u didnt even get picked in tha rookie draft, get anotha possieon..so dnt say lads hve got poor attitudes wen u dnt even noe them..

Obviously a poster suffering from Pagan's chaotic and inconsistent recruiting of recent years.

I think suggestions of a bad attitude stem from the fact that he rejected the Swans offer of a NSW pre-rookie draft spot on their list; and the alleged comment he made about not wanting to be picked up by Carlton.

Odd this post should come from a Carlton supporter when their best player is renown for having just about the worst attitude of any AFL player out there. I won't even start to talk about him as a role model.

Obviously a poster suffering from Pagan's chaotic and inconsistent recruiting of recent years.

I think suggestions of a bad attitude stem from the fact that he rejected the Swans offer of a NSW pre-rookie draft spot on their list; and the alleged comment he made about not wanting to be picked up by Carlton.

Odd this post should come from a Carlton supporter when their best player is renown for having just about the worst attitude of any AFL player out there. I won't even start to talk about him as a role model.

Hey I'm just offering what I've been told from professional recruiters straight after the National Draft. Don't believe it if you don't want to. Personally I'd be pretty happy with that because it implies that he's talented and could end up as a huge steal if your coaches can change his tune.

Not wanting to get picked up by Carlton? Haven't heard that one. Regardless he wasn't on our raidar anyway. It was pretty clear who we wanted.

BTW a lot of you hawks fans are pahtetic. Can't handle any criticism of your player, implied or otherwise. Just pathetic.

Hawthorn have definately made footskills a huge priority when looking at draftees. Collins is another that has exceptional skills by foot. If he played TAC he would have been taken much higher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Collins, Matt Suckling and Sam Gibson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back