Brett Deledio

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge game - thats what he's capable of and why some supporters are so hard on him, has been cruising, put him head to head agaisnt the best each week.

Star. Up against God and such a great return after a shite game last week.

I really hope the Tiges become a finals team in the next few years because this bloke would be scary in a better team.

Good game, but he doesn't belong at HBF.

He's simply not a defender. He's only being played there to give some dash and decent disposal out of the Tigers defensive 50.

Richmond will be a hell of a lot better when they can get Lids back in the guts with a few rotations in the forward line. That's where he plays his best footy.

Said he was top 20 at the end of last year. Gun player. If he played for cats , pies or saints would be much higher profile.

Star. Up against God and such a great return after a shite game last week.

I really hope the Tiges become a finals team in the next few years because this bloke would be scary in a better team.
Agreed, and I had the same thoughts tonight. If Deledio were playing on a regular finals team, he'd be that much better and would be discussed as being one of the truly elite players of the comp. Regardless, love watching him play, and as the Tigers improve, so will he.

Good game, but he doesn't belong at HBF.

He's simply not a defender
. He's only being played there to give some dash and decent disposal out of the Tigers defensive 50.

Richmond will be a hell of a lot better when they can get Lids back in the guts with a few rotations in the forward line. That's where he plays his best footy.
Yeah, but he had some tremendous spoils deep in defence tonight. So not only was he providing rebound, but defensively he had some timely spoils. Very good all-round game.

For some reason Hardwick started him in defense the last two weeks. and as soon as Richmond struggled, he was put into the midfield and turned the game right around.

Such an awesome midfield prospect is Deledio, Cotchin & Martin.

I've always liked him as a player, have never understood the constant criticism that he cops from the general footy public.

Yeah have been saying for probably two years that he'd be considered a superstar in Geelong's team, for example.

I hope for both his a few others' sake that Richmond finally become a finals side.

I'd hate to see another case like Richo's, of such a talent being wasted at a failure of a club.

Yeah. Most supporters would be pretty happy with a 23 year-old who has won a Rising Star and two B & F's (and should have been 3). If we had better ball users in defence he wouldn't have to play there. He is vastly underrated by many. His numbers last year should have seen him AA but the 'bottom team factor' doesn't help his profile.

Wasted at HB.

When Deledio, Cotchin & Martin fire at the 1 time, they are going to have the best young midfield in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A young veteran - still 23 and played his 130th game tonight. Youngest player in Richmond's history to reach that mark and on the way to becoming a 300-game great. For some reason gets a bum rap from the media.

Has as much talent as Goddard. Can play anywhere, good overhead, super quick, skilled, etc. Can be as good a him, just needs to step up like tonight on a more consistent basis. Not be just be good but dominate. I agree with others he's wasted at HB, when he went into the midfield tonight we looked so much better. Also agree if he had been playing in a good team these last few years he'd be higher regarded by the general public than he is ie multiple AA and superstar. To be honest he deserves more praise IMO and I hope we become a good team so he gets it.

Cotchin, Deledio, Martin. Yes please.

Really good performance but needs to do it more if the Tigers are to take the next step. When he has games like this his effect on the contest is massive. As stated really not needed at HB especially now the Tigers have Houli to provide run/good disposal from that position.

Agreed, and I had the same thoughts tonight. If Deledio were playing on a regular finals team, he'd be that much better and would be discussed as being one of the truly elite players of the comp. Regardless, love watching him play, and as the Tigers improve, so will he.

Yeah, but he had some tremendous spoils deep in defence tonight. So not only was he providing rebound, but defensively he had some timely spoils. Very good all-round game.

He was putrid against us last week. Again, not a defender. Should be in the guts.

I think his return to the midfield for most of the match should be a signal of where he should play for the rest of the season. We needed a leader in there last week and we didn't have one as we are relying too heavily on young blokes like Cotchin and Martin to deliver our wins, when someone with 130 games experience (most in the midfield) like Deledio is withering away in the backline.

Deledio is Richmonds best player and needs to be put in a position where he can win games not just save them.

Lids barely played at all during the preseason so I'm not sure why people were surprised at his game last week. I'm sure he was disappointed in his game, as was Hardwick, but even so not many players can come off such little preparation and just pick up 30 disposals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Deledio

Remove this Banner Ad

Back