Brett Kimmorley on Roo Tour - Disgusting

Remove this Banner Ad

Hicham

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2003
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
To all the Sharks fans out there, dont take this the wrong way, its just my opinion - and also no offence to Brett Kimmorley, but I have to say....

What the f@*k??????

I could see it coming. Most of us could. But now that the members of the Kangaroo Tour have been made absolutely official after the Grand Final, I am quite disgusted that - during a year of such intensity and high standard - that Cronulla half-back Brett Kimmorley is on the tour in the 23 man squad.

Kimmorley is a wonderful player, I wont dispute that. Infact in previous seasons he would be my choice as the No. 2 or 3 half-back behind Andrew Johns. But although he hasnt been helped much by his team's performances this season, he still hasn't played to a top standard consistantly for most of, or the entire season.

What dissapoints me most however, is not the fact that Kimmorley was selected, but who he beat to get there. In the half-back/five-eigth positions to be filled on the tour, the following were unavailable through injury or rep footy retirement:

Brad Fittler (Sydney)
Shaun Timmins (St. George/Illawarra)
Andrew Johns (Newcastle)

To my knowledge this leaves the following in contention:

Mark McLinden (Canberra)
Brett Sherwin (Canterbury)
Braith Anasta (Canterbury)
Matt Orford (Melbourne)
Shaun Berrigan (Brisbane)
Preston Campbell (Penrith)
Brett Finch (Sydney)
Matt Geyer (Melbourne)

(Apologies if I have not included any other contenders).

And of course those who have been selcted to tour in Craig Gower and Craig Wing.

Now I can tell you that anyone who knows the form of those players this year, would have 4 possibly 5 infront of Kimmorley - I know I would (Sherwin, Orford, Geyer, McLinden). Its discraceful that no matter how good these players perform, they will never wear a Kangaroo jersey while Sharks and Australian Coach Chris Anderson is at the helm.

And Anderson has also announced that Kimmorley will be the half-back in the New Zealand Test. Apparently this is so Gower can get a break - bull****. If Gower cant play then put Matt Orford in there, or Brett Sherwin, or McLinden. Or even move Wing to half-back and Campbell to 5/8. Its absolutely sickening.

Im also very ****ed off about Luke Priddis being left out of the squad. Dead set, he shat on Danny Buderus this season - absloutely crapped on him. And that was before the finals even started.

I'll admit by bias towards Darren Lockyer - altough id rate him as being well within the top 3-4 fullbacks this year with Wesser, Shifkofske, Minichello and possibly Patten or Bowen. I'd love to see Wesser there as a utility however.

Other selections I cannot agree with in my opinion are:

Willie Mason (Canterbury)
Phil Baily (Sharks) - although he'd probably be the most deserving out of this lot.
Steve Simpson (Newcastle) - Steve is a great backrower, but again, Id leave him out not cause of him, but because of who he beat to get there.

Brett Kimmorley's selection by far and away takes the cake, no matter how expected it was.

Cheers,

Hicham.

Oh so true.....how the hell selectors can put up Kimmorley and Mason literally defies gravity.
What the hell are the selectors snorting.
Orford made Kimmorley look stationary this season.
Looks like another Anderson agenda hope this one stays on the rails.

The biggest disgrace was the omission of Steven Price! Absolutely disgusting decisioin there... Dont get me started on Masons and Kimmorleys selections!!! CHris Anderson has too be replaced!

It is a disgrace that Noddy was picked ahead of Ox, Sherwin and Gower, Is Anderson saying that when the Sharks finished that Noddy was the most inform halfback. I think not this love affair has gone to far.
Other unlucky ones were Steve Price - can not believe he was not picked.
Geyer as if would be great as they did not pick a 5/8 and he can fill in any spot from 1 - 7. (well maybe not so much the # 7).
Preston Campbell was also unlucky as was the Pantehrs # 9.

Oh and congrats to Robbie being named vice captain.

Mark McLinden (Canberra)
Brett Sherwin (Canterbury)
Braith Anasta (Canterbury)
Matt Orford (Melbourne)
Shaun Berrigan (Brisbane)
Preston Campbell (Penrith)
Brett Finch (Sydney)
Matt Geyer (Melbourne)

Sherwin has been ordinary. He can't dominate and teams have worked out his kicking game whilst he can't run the footy at all. Anasta is still living off taking a few intercepts two years ago and Berrigan posesses no organisational skills required and Finch is crap, can't handle pressure. Which leaves Orford, Campbell and Geyer. Geyer and Campbell are 5/8ths, not halves. Orford would have made it if not for an indifferent performance against the Dishlickers.

Kimmorley hasn't lost a Test.

Orford and Campbell should be there. Kimmorly hasn't been good since his days at the storm, what an overated hack. Orfords been more and more brilliant each year and should be there to back up for Gower, who should be the first choice halfback. And who cares if Kimmorly's never lost a test... Australia never lose due to our RL talent monopoly. And on the flipside, he played for the Mariners and they folded, he played for the Northern Eagles and they folded, and now he's playing for the Sharks and they absolutely crashed this year. Just about the only team he hasn't destroyed has been the Storm, and only because Orfords a champ. Face it, Kimmorly is a club killing plague. The number of times i have seen him kick it out on the full attempting a 40/20, pass it out on the full attempting a cut out pass, and cause a knock on with his bullet passes to a guy two meters away... Hell, if it weren't for his gay love affair with Chris Anderson he'd be playing reserve grade curling.

yeah disgraceful decision, i also wanted to make note of the non-selection of luke priddis who was simply amazing for the panthers in the GF and has had a terrific year. would be a much better bet at hooker then buderus, cam smith should be there ahead of buderus too.

orford and geyer's non-selections are equally disgraceful!!!

Orford would have made it if not for an indifferent performance against the Dishlickers.

Tamazoid, I agree. Orford was not involved as much as he should've been, nor did he play semi-final standard against Canterbury.

However, that is one match out of Melbourne's 24 Round maches and 2 Finals appearences.

Are you therefore saying that Kimmorley had a blinder in every match he played this season? I think not.

It is a gross injustice to the other halfs in the NRL that Kimmorley was selected. The rediculous thing is, he was probably selected a long, long time ago for this tour.

Anderson to go in my opinion, he has too much influence on the selections. It is becomeing rediculously obvious what is going on. No other coach would have even considered Kimmorley.

My prefered Halfs and Hooker:

6. Preston Campbell
7. Craig Gower
9. Luke Priddis

6. Craig Wing
7. Craig Gower
9. Luke Priddis

I would take the following on the tour:

Wing, Priddis, Gower, Campbell, Orford, Sherwin.

Wing picks himself. Priddis picks himself (Buderus is a 'no brainer' by the selecters). Gower picks himself. Campbell to share 5/8 role with Wing - who could also cover as hooker and be used as a Utility off the bench. Orford simply deserves to be there as Gower's back up. Sherwin would be a fringe selection - didn't finish his season strongly, however he is a solid, and more importantly creative half back. And in England an excellent kicking game is absolutely essential in that weather over there (And believe me, the Doggies are high on my hate list as a rivial fan, therefore me picking Sherwin says something).

Finnaly, Anderson and the selectors need to give themsleves a massive upper-cut for not picking Steve Price - In my view if there was a 'World' side picked, He and Shane Webcke would be the two Props. Absolutely stupid that he wasn't picked in the squad.

Cheers,

Hicham.

Originally posted by garage rocker
Orford and Campbell should be there. Kimmorly hasn't been good since his days at the storm, what an overated hack. Orfords been more and more brilliant each year and should be there to back up for Gower, who should be the first choice halfback. And who cares if Kimmorly's never lost a test... Australia never lose due to our RL talent monopoly. And on the flipside, he played for the Mariners and they folded, he played for the Northern Eagles and they folded, and now he's playing for the Sharks and they absolutely crashed this year. Just about the only team he hasn't destroyed has been the Storm, and only because Orfords a champ. Face it, Kimmorly is a club killing plague. The number of times i have seen him kick it out on the full attempting a 40/20, pass it out on the full attempting a cut out pass, and cause a knock on with his bullet passes to a guy two meters away... Hell, if it weren't for his gay love affair with Chris Anderson he'd be playing reserve grade curling.

Johns lost a game to the Brits on the last Tour!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Kimmorley on Roo Tour - Disgusting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back