News Brian Cooks replacement

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not usually one to make big statements or inflate my own importance, but if the Cats appoint the poison that is sutherland, then I'll stop following the club.
I have no idea how that cancer constantly gets jobs, nepotism? Lack of due diligence? Calloused knees? I'm not sure.
Sutherland will destroy the club if he gets the gig as will Lethlean

There can only be one....
|
6a329bb65de80e867f871555d0ac86bf

Having been a three time CEO myself in my view we need someone who knows the industry and can hit the ground running. IE headhunt. We are not right for a new developing CEO. We want a hardened nut. Stuart Fox would be OK if interested and motivated.

EDIT: just saw above. Had a bit to do with Fox back then. His progression since has been phenomenal and certainly worthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting tidbit in The Age today:
Is Sydney Swans chief executive Tom Harley mulling a return to Victoria to lead the footy team he captained to two premierships? The popular Swans boss is on a list of several names thought to be in contention to replace Geelong Football Club chief executive Brian Cook, who will step down at the end of the season.

He got asked on radio a couple of weeks ago and gave a pretty emphatic no.
He's already the Swans CEO is he not? And only just recently got the job? Imo the only way he moves back to Victoria is to be the next AFL CEO (not a bad choice). Gil would be looking to move on in the next 3-4 years I'd say.

Christine Holgate is ''that chicks'' name - and she took a CEO job yesterday with A Posts parcel competitor, no doubt earning more than double an AFL club CEO. Agree totally with Allrighty as an experienced CEO, we dont want a true newbie. Its also in the context as a long time CEO and Chairman of several national Boards, that I have been so critical of Sutherlands appointment to the Board, his junketing during the finals, and the clear feeling he was setting up for a run at the CEO role. With the rate of change on the game, we can support the CEO with Board members holding general commercial experience, but we will need a strong AFL knowledge, as I suspect the AFL will make a heap of kneejerk calls that will need to be challenged over the next few years. On Stuart Fox, he has the 'Golden Ticket' as CEO of the MCG - head of a monopoly - so I see him only being interested if he is bored. I like the Tom Harley suggestion, but my understanding of his family circumstances is that is not a likely option at all. I think we shortchange ourselves if we don't pick someone with a strong AFL operational knowledge but enough mental horsepower to integrate other input. Not many of those people around, which is why Cookey has been busy growing them and why they all got poached. There must be some live options in there. Steve Hocking being the obvious one, depending on his commercial nous and leadership abilities to match his footy background.

If only we had a loudmouth. If Eddie was at Geelong the past 25 years maybe we’d have won no premierships but I guarantee we’d be playing everyone at Geelong including all finals except the Grand Final

I posted initially on the first page that Tom Harley would be the one, however, on reflection, there can only be one Sports Administrator for The Cats. I give you none other than, Raelene Castle. As Keka would say, 'You know it makes sense'.

1620708458098.png

Would be awesome to get Harley back he’s a great leader. But very doubtful he’ll leave Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back