Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm all for wearing the bars, love that guernsey but it isn't going to change the way we play. I think we might be 3 and 3 in that guernsey.

Wins - Carlton 2003 at Aami, Richmond 2014 EF at AO, and Crows (non scary 2.2K covid crowd) at AO 2020.
Losses - Western Bulldogs 2007 at Docklands, Carlton 2013 at Aami, Crows 2023 at AO.

And in actual fact i think we would've been favorites to win all 6 of those games, so we've performed even below normal expectations in the bars.

I'm all for wearing the bars, love that guernsey but it isn't going to change the way we play. I think we might be 3 and 3 in that guernsey.

Wins - Carlton 2003 at Aami, Richmond 2014 EF at AO, and Crows (non scary 2.2K covid crowd) at AO 2020.
Losses - Western Bulldogs 2007 at Docklands, Carlton 2013 at Aami, Crows 2023 at AO.

And in actual fact i think we would've been favorites to win all 6 of those games, so we've performed even below normal expectations in the bars.
Yea it's old timer w@nk. If you are a peaheart in the chevrons you'll be a peaheart in the bars.

Yet you gave this a like.

My feeling here is more that if we were the kind of club who could have gotten the bars over the line we'd be the kind of club who could beat the crows in the showdown when we go in warm favourites. We're not, we're a loser club at the moment.

But also wearing the bars is our right regardless of if it has any impact on performance. We should still be wearing them when we embarass ourselves against the crows because it's our guernsey.

My feeling here is more that if we were the kind of club who could have gotten the bars over the line we'd be the kind of club who could beat the crows in the showdown when we go in warm favourites. We're not, we're a loser club at the moment.

But also wearing the bars is our right regardless of if it has any impact on performance. We should still be wearing them when we embarass ourselves against the crows because it's our guernsey.
I've lost all passion for this issue, the moment they locked it to showdowns it was bending over & completely fukced it forever for future more ballsy administration.

I've lost all passion for this issue, the moment they locked it to showdowns it was bending over & completely fukced it forever for future more ballsy administration.
Couldn't agree more - and only home showdowns which is even worse.
The current admin obviously care about stability, profits from the customers and whatever social issue is fashionable at the moment.
They care very little for the history and traditions of Port Adelaide Football Club.

I'm not sure where along the line it went from both showdowns to just our home showdown.

If it is only going to be once a year we should change it to Anzac day.

Nah an appropriately ballsy administration will push this issue further, because an appropriately ballsy administration will be elected by the supporters who will insist that they push it further.

We'll eventually get what we want with this because we want it more than anyone else cares about us not having it, but i'm fine with people having run out of steam. I've run out of steam caring about on-field results because it's pointless with the current setup, the PBs aren't a lot different really.

The Crows get their licence back in 2028. It's our job to make sure we get ours back at the same time or shortly afterwards, and we'll have some work to do to make that happen.

Once we get the licence back, we'll have a club who will actually advocate for the supporters. It feels impossible because of how long we've had Koch, but we will eventually get it back.

The Crows get their licence back in 2028. It's our job to make sure we get ours back at the same time or shortly afterwards, and we'll have some work to do to make that happen.

Once we get the licence back, we'll have a club who will actually advocate for the supporters. It feels impossible because of how long we've had Koch, but we will eventually get it back.
Needs confirmation but Crows have it written in their constitution that they will be member controlled in 2028.

We do not have any statement in our constitution about being member controlled. If true, this must change... WGT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs confirmation but Crows have it written in their constitution that they will be member controlled in 2028.

We do not have any statement in our constitution about being member controlled. If true, this must change... WGT.

We need to make a song and dance about it in the leadup, and what's more, we need the Crows supporters to absolutely give it to us about the fact that they're a member controlled real football club and we're an AFL controlled franchise. We need to be absolutely rinsed in the media, it needs to be as brutal as possible.

Debt is no longer an issue. The pressure on the club to push for the club to be returned to the members needs to be enormous.

Nah an appropriately ballsy administration will push this issue further, because an appropriately ballsy administration will be elected by the supporters who will insist that they push it further.

We'll eventually get what we want with this because we want it more than anyone else cares about us not having it, but i'm fine with people having run out of steam. I've run out of steam caring about on-field results because it's pointless with the current setup, the PBs aren't a lot different really.
The problem is they've pigeon holed it and probably have an understanding with Collingwood now.

"Only to be worn in South Australia & only in Showdowns"

Any back pedal on that will be laughed out of AFL House immediately in the future.

The Crows made some really weird, borderline creepy, objection to us wearing it in away Showdowns so no doubt the club just said whatever and didn't bother to fight that either.
Yea it is weird they have any say on what strip the away team wear.

I think the club is fine with it being once a year in a home showdown & cupping Collingwood's balls every year forever for the pleasure whilst no doubt flicking them a percentage on merch sales.

No wonder we are their absolute bitches on field in recent times it reflects the relationship off-field.

The kok lead admin set sail for franchise city more than a decade ago, when we are finally rid of him he will no doubt point to the bottom line and the Alberton oval improvements with a self satisfied leer on his ugly mug and a statue will be erected in his honour by the other fawning f-wits currently in positions of power at what remains of the original club.

Hopefully said statue will be an immediate target for every pigeon in the state, but I digress.

Getting the PAFC back in the hands of the members where we can vote for real Port people and rissole pathetic campaigners like him is obviously extremely important, but that has to be at least 5 years away from happening, and who knows how much more damage can be done in that time.

Back to the PB's, we have already seen it continually trashed to beyond recognition in the sanfl by players who would have struggled to survive more than a few training sessions under Fos Williams or John Cahill (and I'm not just referring to top up players), and as there are no more than a handful of current AFL players who epitomise what the club once stood for I'm prepared to leave any plans for its more regular use on the back burner until we have a genuinely strong on and off field PAFC again!

The problem is they've pigeon holed it and probably have an understanding with Collingwood now.

"Only to be worn in South Australia & only in Showdowns"

Any back pedal on that will be laughed out of AFL House immediately in the future.

Everything can be reviewed, everything can be revisited. If I was in charge of the club, we'd have worn them and copped a premiership point deduction a couple of times so they AFL realised what we were willing to concede to achieve our outcome here.

The AFL don't want the integrity of the competition compromised over a guernsey, and they've pushed back because they know we'll fold. It's time to stop folding.

Everything can be reviewed, everything can be revisited. If I was in charge of the club, we'd have worn them and copped a premiership point deduction a couple of times so they AFL realised what we were willing to concede to achieve our outcome here.

The AFL don't want the integrity of the competition compromised over a guernsey, and they've pushed back because they know we'll fold. It's time to stop folding.

Contracts are only worth the paper they written on these days. Anything can be negotiated, just like the MCG Grand Final deal.

The kok lead admin set sail for franchise city more than a decade ago, when we are finally rid of him he will no doubt point to the bottom line and the Alberton oval improvements with a self satisfied leer on his ugly mug and a statue will be erected in his honour by the other fawning f-wits currently in positions of power at what remains of the original club.

Hopefully said statue will be an immediate target for every pigeon in the state, but I digress.

Getting the PAFC back in the hands of the members where we can vote for real Port people and rissole pathetic campaigners like him is obviously extremely important, but that has to be at least 5 years away from happening, and who knows how much more damage can be done in that time.

Back to the PB's, we have already seen it continually trashed to beyond recognition in the sanfl by players who would have struggled to survive more than a few training sessions under Fos Williams or John Cahill (and I'm not just referring to top up players), and as there are no more than a handful of current AFL players who epitomise what the club once stood for I'm prepared to leave any plans for its more regular use on the back burner until we have a genuinely strong on and off field PAFC again!
Forget stickerman. If they make a Koch statue I'll make my own brass plaque to stick on it.

It will simply say

David Koch
"We exist to win premierships"
(0 premierships)

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Crows made some really weird, borderline creepy, objection to us wearing it in away Showdowns so no doubt the club just said whatever and didn't bother to fight that either.

oh yeah i remember a crows fan on twitter was posted here, saying it gave us a psychological advantage and admitting he was genuinely afraid of a garment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back