Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So, you're fine with North and Hawthorn having the exact same design but that's OK because it's different colours but you can't cope with another team having the same colours but the top looks nothing at all like yours?
They do look the same hence why the AFL told you to rebrand in the first ****ing place!

Yeah, but the alternate point of view is that they do look near enough the same and I would think that point would be easily legally defensible.

'Legally Defensible' :drunk:

I thought this sort of baseless quasi-legal arrogant BS from your club ended with the departure of McGuire.

The AFL owns the names, jumper designs and trademarks of each of the 18 national league clubs, including yours.

That's where the legal argument starts and ends.

They do look the same hence why the AFL told you to rebrand in the first ******* place!

Also made-up BS. It was NEVER about jumper clashes.

Not forgetting the documented fact that in 2007 the AFL and Collingwood agreed that Port Adelaide could wear its black-and-white guernsey in heritage-round games in Adelaide, provided these did not involve Collingwood.

Dropping the Heritage Round games the following year provided the opportunity for the AFL and Collingwood to conveniently shelve that agreement on a technicality.

Last edited:
They do look the same hence why the AFL told you to rebrand in the first ******* place!
Do you follow any other sport... EPL, NBA or anything like that.... Notice all professional leagues have home and away Guernsey's to avoid clubs with similar colour ect clashing... Novel idea.. should try it one day here in the VFL.

Do you follow any other sport... EPL, NBA or anything like that.... Notice all professional leagues have home and away Guernsey's to avoid clubs with similar colour ect clashing... Novel idea.. should try it one day here in the VFL.
For the 4th largest watched domestic competition in the world, we really are generations behind in some ways.

Some trout get so big in their own pond they can't see anything but their own school.

For the 4th largest watched domestic competition in the world, we really are generations behind in some ways.

Some trout get so big in their own pond they can't see anything but their own school.
Shouldn't even be an argument... All teams to have home and away Guernsey's get it done. Collingwood cry for a little while but they would get over it.

It's about brand recognition. Hypothetically, if West Adelaide or Glenelg joined the AFL, do you seriously think they should keep their current jumper?

It's about brand recognition. Hypothetically, if West Adelaide or Glenelg joined the AFL, do you seriously think they should keep their current jumper?
Gold Coast were created with the same colours as their closest competitor and rival

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

A long costly campaign, with four years of discussions ... and the outcomes are:

• approx 2000 replica jumpers available for purchase to the fans that are supposedly so important to the game
  • one more match granted to wear the jumper with no settlement beyond 2023
  • no sanfl badged pb jumpers can be retailed at all and since
  • a thank you to Collingwood with more feel good discussions

Feels like we kicked a goal but conceded 15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"See, completely different”

Yep. This from a club that gets away with having white and black stripes as its clash strip rather than black and white stripes.

In any other league in any other country they would be laughed at.

🤔 As an Arsenal supporter... I don't get confused with a man united or Liverpool Guernsey... Maybe if Collingwood supporters passed year 2 they would be able to tell the difference as well. 😝

Yes. It's the jumper that they believe defines them.
Give me a ****en break!

It's not that hard to have 18 different guernseys, so if you want to be in the comp that we cofounded in our black and white striped jumper before you changed from magenta, then you can get with the program, wear teal and STFU.

And your jumper defines you? I guess theft and lack of originality defines you then!

And you only lifted our black and white stripes and Magpie branding from us because you ran out of dye. What a proud and defining moment...

Congratulations for Port fans who will get to see their traditional Prison Bar jumper on an AFL field once again.
In order for Collingwood to agree to a permanent arrangement for it to be worn in Showdowns every year, I think it's reasonable that Port agree to wear a predominantly teal away/clash strip. Having a black/grey/white away jumper doesn't work.

I think it's reasonable that Port agree to wear a predominantly teal away/clash strip. Having a black/grey/white away jumper doesn't work.
So its not about the stripes or bars afterall?

By the way it's not grey, it's silver 😜

So its not about the stripes or bars afterall?

By the way it's not grey, it's silver 😜
Never has been about the stripes or bars. It's about the colour of the stripes that you clearly "borrowed" from us in 1902.

Wear a dark magenta prison bar uniform. Or all Silver. Then we don't give a shit!

But the black and white stripes are ours in this competition.

Give me a *en break!

It's not that hard to have 18 different guernseys, so if you want to be in the comp that we cofounded in our black and white striped jumper before you changed from magenta, then you can get with the program, wear teal and STFU.

And your jumper defines you? I guess theft and lack of originality defines you then!

And you only lifted our black and white stripes and Magpie branding from us because you ran out of dye. What a proud and defining moment...
Are you claiming this forum as your own also sir?

Never has been about the stripes or bars. It's about the colour of the stripes that you clearly "borrowed" from us in 1902.

Wear a dark magenta prison bar uniform. Or all Silver. Then we don't give a s**t!

But the black and white stripes are ours in this competition.
And the black and white prison bars are ours, see, we agreed after all.

Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back