Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans Sunday 21st June 1:10pm @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They actually got off on a technicality not even because the tackle was not dangerous. They got off because the tribunal in their finding didn't specifically say that the tackle led to the injury (I believe thats what has occurred but not 100% sure)

Into extended squad of 26: Heeney, Cunningham, Warner Jr, Mitchell, Reid, Francis

Out: McInerney and Rowbottom injured. Mills managed due to soreness.

Hope the Rowbottom injury isn't too serious.

My guess, Reid and Francis as back up talls would drop out of the game day 23 along with one of Warner Jr or Mitchell. The remaining one of those two to be the sub I'd say? Tiny bit surprising perhaps that both of them have jumped Wicks in the pecking order for now.
Both more versatile rather than "ahead" I think.

Mitchell or Corey as sub? Yikes
Not a fan of Mitchell’s last month, Co Warner has enough speed and a little bit of shite in him. Defensively is OK and recent form better than Mitchell. so I would go w him ahead of Mitchell……makes Mitchell a Monty now.

Horse's response regarding Rowie is very vague. Something about a sore cheek, not wanting to risk it and we'll see how he is next week. If it was soft tissue with a bit of bruising, I would've thought it would be no problems playing. So it makes me wonder if it's broken............
Cheekbones are usually a short term injury anyhow……

They actually got off on a technicality not even because the tackle was not dangerous. They got off because the tribunal in their finding didn't specifically say that the tackle led to the injury (I believe thats what has occurred but not 100% sure)
So does the tribunal panel get sacked? Clearly incompetent, not even mentioning that clown Gleeson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both more versatile rather than "ahead" I think.
Yes, true. Also occurs to me since posting that Wicks came off at half time of VFL game last week to be emergency for seniors. So it's possible they'd rather see him get a full game in the VFL instead of potentially limited minutes two weeks in a row if they named him as sub for seniors.

Keen to see both midfields go head to head. Jordon to Neale? First crack made a good point that Neale has repeat efforts in winning the contested ball when it's in dispute. He'll hunt it down until he wins it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back