Traded Brisbane trade #56 to Adelaide for F4 (Frem)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane have to have enough list spots for the all the picks for bidding right, so makes sense for them if they don't have enough list spots for 56.

Not sure what the Crows gain out of it given they would only accept a future pick for Frampton from the Pies. Why trade back in later than the picks the Pies had to give them if they wanted to pick someone in this years draft.

Brisbane needs to shed picks and I guess next year's draft is valued a round later
They need points this year depending on where their F/S's are bid on.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a chance they could go into deficit?

Brisbane have to have enough list spots for the all the picks for bidding right, so makes sense for them if they don't have enough list spots for 56.

Not sure what the Crows gain out of it given they would only accept a future pick for Frampton from the Pies. Why trade back in later than the picks the Pies had to give them if they wanted to pick someone in this years draft.
Future third is worth more than 2022 third rounder given strength of the two drafts.

Pick 56 is for points towards father son Michalanney.

Ah yes, ignore my last post.

They need points this year depending on where their F/S's are bid on.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a chance they could go into deficit?

There is a chance, but they can only take the number of picks into the draft matching the number of open primary list places available.

When I counted last, they have about twice as many picks as places - so those points are disappearing, may as well trade them into the future.

56 is purely just points to help match michelanney i think.

There is a chance, but they can only take the number of picks into the draft matching the number of open primary list places available.

When I counted last, they have about twice as many picks as places - so those points are disappearing, may as well trade them into the future.

They have 5 senior list spots after their delistings today so can use their picks up to 55. Would have needed to delist one more to use 56.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this trade is a sign that gws pick cadman at #1 (no bud on Ashcroft)
Weak as p*ss GWS if you let Brisbane have the best player in the draft for way unders, Brisbane making out like bandits just like the Pies last year. Shows how desperate GWS have become needing a Number 1 pick to trumpet about. GWS now a permanent middle of the road club, go home will never allow them to build a contending side again.

Good luck carrying the weight of the Number 1 pick Cadman, worked a treat for JHF

Weak as p*ss GWS if you let Brisbane have the best player in the draft for way unders, Brisbane making out like bandits just like the Pies last year. Shows how desperate GWS have become needing a Number 1 pick to trumpet about. GWS now a permanent middle of the road club, go home will never allow them to build a contending side again.

Good luck carrying the weight of the Number 1 pick Cadman, worked a treat for JHF
You OK mate?

WOW
I'd strongly recommend you get a mental health check my friend. I am concerned for you. Your obsession re: Ashcroft not being bid at number one is now clearly impacting you psychologically.

WOW
I'd strongly recommend you get a mental health check my friend. I am concerned for you. Your obsession re: Ashcroft not being bid at number one is now clearly impacting you psychologically.
Nah, I'm disturbed by getting out of bed before midday, the sun is far too bright!

As a rebuilding club, El cheapo F/S & NGA guns gets right up my nose. Plus I wanted to see 6 picks disappearing in one go to highlight the ridiculousness of the bidding system. Another VFL cobbled together rule/idea that does nothing for equalisation

Nah, I'm disturbed by getting out of bed before midday, the sun is far too bright!

As a rebuilding club, El cheapo F/S & NGA guns gets right up my nose. Plus I wanted to see 6 picks disappearing in one go to highlight the ridiculousness of the bidding system. Another VFL cobbled together rule/idea that does nothing for equalisation
Until Adelaide get one. It's a what goes around comes around system. Suffice to say Geelong and the Bulldogs have been huge beneficiaries.

Which we were when Gold Coast and GWS came in and despite being bottom four for years on end and rebuilding, could only re-build during the most compromised drafts the game has ever seen, so harden up if you're getting wound up about Brisbane potentially getting Ashcroft at pick 2 or 3 and not pick one - which doesnt even affect Adelaide.:rolleyes:

Na, teams bid on players they would take. Gws don’t need anymore mids. They need a tall forward and traded up to get cadman

Na, teams bid on players they would take. Gws don’t need anymore mids. They need a tall forward and traded up to get cadman
GWS might rightly assess that having locked in Ashcroft for father son and Ashcroft keen to get there, it would be futile to bid on him as he might be just as big a flight risk as the top vic metro kids- hence why they paid up to get a chance to take Cadman before anyone else. They have bled players for the go home factor and anything that can give them some respite they have to take and if they think Cadman will stay longer term, hey won't risk not grabbing him

They didn't need a mid last year either and took Callaghan.

Maybe they had an idea that Hopper and Tarranto wanted out so they sort of do need Callaghan then. I actually feel GWS won't bid, but North will who cares it's hardly a bid deal, just because Adelaide bid on JUH doesn't mean every club has to.

Maybe they had an idea that Hopper and Tarranto wanted out so they sort of do need Callaghan then. I actually feel GWS won't bid, but North will who cares it's hardly a bid deal, just because Adelaide bid on JUH doesn't mean every club has to.
Clubs will do what they want to do, I just prefer that clubs bid in order and ignore the FS stuff. The draft is compromised enough as it is, no need to make it worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brisbane trade #56 to Adelaide for F4 (Frem)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back