Remove this Banner Ad

2011 End of Season Review
by VitalDread

DSC00413_1%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

Photo taken by [name]Old_Dog[/name]

Games - 4
Goals - 3
Best and Fairest - Outside top 10
Stats History- Brodie Moles (AFL Tables)
Date of Birth - 7-11 1985
Recruited- 2008 Rookie Draft selection (Geelong) No. 16; 2010 Rookie Draft selection (Western Bulldogs) No. 19; 2010 NAB AFL Draft rookie elevation (Western Bulldogs) selection No. 102.
Height/Weight: 184cm 88kg
Dreamteam Price: -$220,000
Supercoach: -$240,500

After playing a impressive thirteen games in 2010 Brodie Moles was elevated to the Senior List with pick 102 in which he was expected to show the same amount of impact he showed in 2010 in the 2011 season.

Only managing four games this season before being injured half way in the season resulted in him being placed onto the long term injury list.

With the four games he managed this year he show amazing pace and skills around the ball, being able to keep a cool head under pressure and able to kick goals when out in open space.

In 2012, Moles hopes to regain his 2010 form that allowed him to play thirteen games and also be part of our top 22 side, with a strong pre-season and more development, Brodie Moles is the kind of player McCartney is looking for, tough players that can break tackles and keep a calm head but time will tell.

Notable Games:
Round 7 v Sydney 9 kicks 3 Handballs 12 disposals 2 goals 4 tackles, was a highlight of the match with his amazing goal from the boundary.

I think Brodie Moles can regain his 2010 form and i think Macca has a spot already lined up for the former Geelong rookie. I Expect a big season from Brodie this year 15 to 20 games baring injury.

From memory, Bomber Thompson didn't rate Moles and wouldn't give him a go.

Simon Dalrymple got a call from one of the assistant coaches at Geelong who told him the kid could play but Thompson was going to delist him anyway.

I wonder if the assistant at the time was McCartney?

From memory, Bomber Thompson didn't rate Moles and wouldn't give him a go.

Simon Dalrymple got a call from one of the assistant coaches at Geelong who told him the kid could play but Thompson was going to delist him anyway.

I wonder if the assistant at the time was McCartney?
Could be it, Moles isn't a world beater but he's still a solid mid when he's playing but you can't be just solid in a team with Ablett and Bartel.

I was thinking about him the other day, he's one of those guys that slips under the radar, but whenever I see him play or train I just think he's got something. Last year he didn't fire a shot as he got an injury pretty early on. He is pretty quick and has good skills. I have no issue with him being in the senior team, he always seems to contribute and does know where the goals are.

Could be a real suprise packet this year if he gets a decent run with injury. He does gives us reliable back up, much like Addision does, but I think he has got another gear to go to.

I was thinking about him the other day, he's one of those guys that slips under the radar, but whenever I see him play or train I just think he's got something. Last year he didn't fire a shot as he got an injury pretty early on. He is pretty quick and has good skills. I have no issue with him being in the senior team, he always seems to contribute and does know where the goals are.

Could be a real suprise packet this year if he gets a decent run with injury. He does gives us reliable back up, much like Addision does, but I think he has got another gear to go to.

That running goal of his against Sydney was quality.

30 odd possessions on the week end for willytown, must be pushing for selection this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back