Re: Brownlow Medal

Keep it up AThomas, I wanna see what happens by the end of the year.Mine:
16 G.Ablett Gee
12 N.Riewoldt StK
12 N.Dal Santo StK
11 D.Swan Coll
10 S.Johnson Gee
10 L.Montagna StK

I have Judd on 9, which is surprising. This is mainly because since the Collingwood game, he has been very close to votes each week but not quite there, with Fev kickign 8 this week, etc.
Joel Selwood is only on 7 for me. Ablett and S.Johnson keep stealign votes from him. If those 2 aren't BOG, sometimes Corey, Bartel or Chapman might get there. Too hard for Selwood to win the Brownlow while hes at Geelong.
SImon Black is only on 5 votes for me. His disposal efficiency has been down on his suual efforts. Also, he turns it on for a quarter, but is regularly tagged out of other quarters and is prone to a quiet one. Dw tho Black fans, the umpires will still give him BOG every other week ;)
Mitchell is on 7. Goodes and Sewell are on 9 at the moment, and Hayes is also climbing up there. I reckon my votes (based completely on statistics) are reasonably close to Brownlow predictions.

I also have Black pretty low even though I've been trying to give him votes.

Nice tally btw, Riewoldt slighjtly high for my liking but he could have that many, all depends on the umpires.

the leader after 11 rounds is always an interesting betting option on brownlow night. do you guys think ablett is over the line? i'm not sure....i would think the possibilities to be ahead of him may be.....montagna (depending on whether he is noticed by the umps or not), hayes (last 5-6 weeks have been super but so have many team mates) and murphy (i really think you guys are underselling his start to the year....am still confident he is well ahead of judd and minimum in double figures).

anyone else to possibly be leading at this stage? selwood?

Tbh, if Ablett or Montagna isn't leading by Round 11 something is wrong lol.

Hayes has had an amazing few weeks and Murphy has been good too but Carlton have jsut not won enough (6-5).

Using the Coaches Votes for all the previous rounds (except round 4) i've done my own take on the Brownlow leaderboard thus far.

17 - Ablett

15 - Judd, Hayes

12 - Dal Santo, Riewoldt, S.Johnson

10 - Goodes, Chapman

9 - Montagna, Boyd

8 - Selwood, J.Brown, M.Murphy, Goddard

7 - Watson, Swan, Pendleburry

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25613140-19742,00.html

Champion Data's Brownlow. Slightly different to mine in which I added up all the votes somehow, but 99% the same. Wasted my time doing it.. oh well!

CHAMPION DATA BROWNLOW LEADERBOARD

20 - Gary Ablett (Geelong)

17 - Leigh Montagna (St Kilda)

11 - Leon Davis (Collingwood)

11 - Nick Dal Santo (St Kilda)

10 - Joel Selwood (Geelong)

10 - Lenny Hayes (St Kilda)

Love seeing Montagna up there! Will be so happy if he places. :)

^^That's a fair gap between the top 2 and the rest. I hope Ablett wins it but I just have that feeling he is going to fall short again. Selwood, Johnson and Chapman will have a few more. Injury might hurt him again.

how do people think the votes will go if ablett doesn't get the three on the w/e?? do people think judd will get three votes in his match, over fevola's eight goal haul?? fev got quite a lot of love from the umps in the free kick department.

Hey just a quick question, who do y'all think would be leading the Brownlow votes for the Bulldogs? Surely not Cooney given his terrible season so far. Aker? Higgins? Johnson?

Hey just a quick question, who do y'all think would be leading the Brownlow votes for the Bulldogs? Surely not Cooney given his terrible season so far. Aker? Higgins? Johnson?

Griffen - two BOGs.

Strongly disagree about that.

My top dogs are:

S Higgins 8
L Gilbee 6
A Cooney 6
J Akermanis 5
D Giansiricusa 5
D Cross 4

While you're here Athomas, if you were to plonk a $50 on the Bomber who polls the most votes who would you have leading the race atm?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While you're here Athomas, if you were to plonk a $50 on the Bomber who polls the most votes who would you have leading the race atm?

I didn't even realise it was you tubbis. Hey man :thumbsu::p

Winderlich - just over Watson.

Couldn't agree more this time!

J Winderlich 7
J Watson 5
P Ryder 4
M Lloyd 3
B Stanton 3

According to mine.

I would have to say maybe Higgins or Boyd

I reckon Goodes is a big show. From my quick calc's Id have him on around 14 (Rd 1 = 1, Rd 2 = 2, Rd 5 = 2, Rd 7= 2, Rd 8 = 2, Rd 10= 2, Rd 11 = 3)

Now before everyone jumps on my back I don't necessarily think he is entitled to these votes but lets be honest the umps love him and he polls like no one else.

Last year he was almost dropped for bad form and he still was up there is brownlow betting and actually beat Franklin who kicked 100+ goals.

There arn't many other Sydney players who poll heavily and other than Jolly I don't think many Swans would have many votes. What are everyone else's thoughts??

Would not like to see him get votes vs Dogs, although he was Sydney's best in the 2nd half where was he when the Dogs kicked 13 goals in a row. Plus Sydney still got smashed.

Would not like to see him get votes vs Dogs, although he was Sydney's best in the 2nd half where was he when the Dogs kicked 13 goals in a row. Plus Sydney still got smashed.

Whilst you raise valid points I still reckon he polls pretty easily. Lets look at the stats:
- 11 effective kicks (2nd behind Higgins)
- 9 inside 50's (1st by 3)
- 10 contested possesions (3rd behind Cross and O'Keefe)
- 7 tackles
- 2 goals

I can't remember what he was doing when dogs went 13 on the trot but either way he's still played a blinder. Also it is Goodes so no doubt his effort won't go unoticed.

I reckon it'll go: Gia, Goodes, Higgins/Cooney

If anyone can poll in a 40 point loss, it's Adam Goodes.

Didn't realise there was a rule that said you couldn't poll in a 40 point loss even if your one of the best out there!

Funny how I have missed that...

:rolleyes:

Well this is my top few players so far this season.

18 Votes
Gary Ablett

14 Votes
Nick Riewoldt

11 Votes
Chris Judd
Scott Pendlebury
Leigh Montagna

10 Votes
Brendon Goddard

9 Votes
Lenny Hayes
Bryce Gibbs
Steve Johnson
Leon Davis
Adam Goodes

Montagna BOG imo. Is going very well. NDS and Volt probably to share the other votes, didn't really notice Hayes that much even though he got a lot of it.

Before thois round my votes I had were:

17 - Ablett, Johnson
14 - Judd
13 - Hayes, Chapman
12 - Selwood, Dal Santo
11 - Montagna, Aker, Mitchell
10 - Pendelbury
9 - Black, Swan, Riewoldt, Tredrea, Hasleby
8 - McVeigh, Goodes, Cooney
7 - Winderlich, Gibbs, Watson, Edwards, Brown, Fev.
6 - Murphy, Johnstone, Gia, Davis Stanton.

Seem to be very different to others...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back