Brownlow Medal 2009 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal

I didnt see the Port Cats match but Ablett'd probably get 3 votes because looking at the stats, he's actually kicking now as opposed to the ridiculous cheap handballs and I know when he kicks he can be damaging. Also I went on the 2008 Brownlow tracker just to check the votes of some games and there were hardly any 40+ possession performances and for every time there was... 2-3 votes... This year though, there have been a ton of them so anything could happen.

Its funny how the brownlow voting changes
like chris judds brownlow year really wasnt that outstanding
he has had better seasons since with lots less votes

like bartel last year, probably had just as good a year as 2007 yet only finished on 10 votes compared to 29 in '07. It's like the umps take the betting odds into account when giving out votes.

Sorry mate. Just out of interest, how do you do your votes for the games you are unable to watch?

Watch 6 minimum. Probably listen to the other two on radio but there is probably 1 match a week I won't get to watch.

In that case I do probably rely on stats. Read the coaches votes, SC points and Herald Sun / The Age, but the newspapers are crap I have found on giving votes imo. Sometimes they are spot on, sometimes they are nowhere near it.

20. Ablett

17. Hayes

16. Dal Santo

15. Judd

14. Montagna, J. Selwood

12. J. Brown

11. Pendlebury, Didak

10. Watson, Goddard, Boyd, Bartel, Swan

9. Tredrea, M. Murphy, Chapman, Black, Thompson, Higgins

8: Goodes, Cooney, Gilbee, Pavlich, Power, Mitchell, Vince, N. Riewoldt, Hasleby

7. R. Shaw, S. Johnson, Sewell, J. Mcveigh, Gibbs

6. Kerr, Ar. Davey, Winderlich, Deledio, Fevola, Doughty, Kirk

5. Akermanis, Koschitzke, Knights, T. Edwards, Griffen, Tippett, O'Keefe

4. Lockyer, Roughead, Johnstone, A. Selwood, Jackson, Ray, Stanton, Lloyd, Brogan, Waite, Sylvia, Simpson, D. Cox, Davis, Ryder, LeCras, Porplyzia, Monfries, Fraser, Pearce, Tambling, B. Johnson

3. Wiggins, Harding, P. Burgoyne, C. Bolton, Adcock, Dangerfield, Harvey, J. Riewoldt, Goodwin, Salopek, Sandilands, C. Morton, Bradshaw, Sherman, Hale, Rich, Giansiricusa, Duffield, Cassisi, K. Cornes, Dick, Cross, M. Morton, Byrnes, Prismall, Corey, A. Welsh, Lovett, Rodan, McLean

2. McLeod, Green, Lake, Patfull, Guerra, O’Brien, Chaplin, Richardson, Ziebell, Mundy, Mooney, S. Hill, Wells, Bateman, Kelly, S. Tuck, Boak, Lewis, J. Hill, Varcoe, Priddis, T. Cloke, Grimes, Bruce, Gilbert

1. McIntosh, Fisher, Jolly, D. Fletcher, Hurn, Reilly, L. Hansen, Gram, McPhee, Moss, McKay, J. Bolton, Morris, Swallow, Franklin, Clint Jones, Petrie, Van Berlo, O'Bree, Carr, Broughton

I still haven't watched some games, but I'll watch the replays midweek, I've done votes for half the games this week so far.

G Ablett 21 L Montagna 19 L Hayes 17 C Judd 16 D Swan 15 N Dal Santo 14 B Goddard 13 S Johnson 12 S Mitchell 12 A Goodes 12

Getting close now. No votes for Ablett/Montagna this week. Gave 3 to Judd and 3 to Hayes (although it's tough between Hayes/Gardiner/Bartel for that match).

G Ablett 21 L Montagna 19 L Hayes 17 C Judd 16 D Swan 15 N Dal Santo 14 B Goddard 13 S Johnson 12 S Mitchell 12 A Goodes 12

Getting close now. No votes for Ablett/Montagna this week. Gave 3 to Judd and 3 to Hayes (although it's tough between Hayes/Gardiner/Bartel for that match).
Bartel wasn't that good. Chapman would have been a lock for second or third best on ground, he was unbeleivable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chapman got a lot of touches but Bartel was easily the most damaging. He just kept running and getting the clerances. IMO, Gilbert gets 3, Bartel 2 and Chapman 1.

3. Bartel
2. Hayes
1. Gilbert

couldnt agree more, gardiner may get the 1 vote though, the 3 and 2 will definetly go to bartel and hayes.

hayes could be a chance this year, career best form just about, might place some money on for a place.

Hayes, Bartel, Gardiner for mine.

Gilbert was good. But Gardiner kicked 4 goals including the sealer. Bartel would have been BOG if Geelong had won imo.

Watch 6 minimum. Probably listen to the other two on radio but there is probably 1 match a week I won't get to watch.

In that case I do probably rely on stats. Read the coaches votes, SC points and Herald Sun / The Age, but the newspapers are crap I have found on giving votes imo. Sometimes they are spot on, sometimes they are nowhere near it.

Wow you must have foxtel? When I put some bets on at the end of the year ill definately have a look at your tally. How close have you been in previous years to picking the winner?

Bartel wasn't that good. Chapman would have been a lock for second or third best on ground, he was unbeleivable.

You sure you watched the same game as me? Bartel was unbelievable and I would say it was as good a game as I've ever seen him play.

Anyone give out any votes for Selwood? I thought he was the key to the cats getting back into the game along with Bartel and I'd say he was better than Chappy.

Wow you must have foxtel? When I put some bets on at the end of the year ill definately have a look at your tally. How close have you been in previous years to picking the winner?

Yeh have foxtel, but have other ways of viewing matches too.

This is my first year of doing the brownlow votes. Did a $10 Multi last year that got 9/10 legs for a return of $1600 if it had got up, damn Hayes beating Riewoldt!

So yeh, don't rely on my votes for betting, my first year ;)

wouldnt bet on it if it was 20000 - 1

You must be kidding???

Averaging almost 27 touches a game this year (up from 25 last year) and almost 1 goal a game (0.2 last year).

Polled 12 votes last year and Cooney won't take many votes off him this year.

You must be kidding???

Averaging almost 27 touches a game this year (up from 25 last year) and almost 1 goal a game (0.2 last year).

Polled 12 votes last year and Cooney won't take many votes off him this year.

Personally, I've got Boyd on 8. Wouldn't give him a chance at winning it but you never know.

For me, the bulldogs votes are pretty evenly spread, got 6 players with 6 votes or more.

Ive been following Collingwood games inparticularly, and from my votes Dane Swan will not poll as well as some might think. He won't rack up enough 3's as players like Davis and Didak have had man big games that are near certain 3's.

I have Didak on 12 with Swan and Pendlebury on 10, Leon Davis on 7.

I got on Alan Didak for a place last week ($151-1, now into $26-1) so im on his bandwagon, too bad i only put 5 bucks on him.

Bartel might get 3 actually. Again, I'll bring the subject up again. Fremantle vs Bulldogs last year, it was a close game which the Bulldogs ended up winning but the votes went:

3- Peter Bell
2- Brett Peak
1- Mitch Hahn

The losing team can easily get the 3 votes if it's a close game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back