Brownlow Medal 2009 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal

Wish I saw the Quinellas earlier. Good value on Judd/Selwood @ 18

Multi that into Geelong/St.Kilda @ 2.20 and Fev Coleman @1.80, @ $72

Can get some serious value on some combinations like Goodes/Selwood, or Black/Selwood both over $40
I'm on Judd-Selwood at $44, Black-Selwood at $150, Goodes-Selwood at $200 when they first came out and combos with Hayes at $351+

i still have Swan well in front (5 votes).

best quinella options at the moment in my opinion with Swan are as follows:

Montagna - $20
Black - $33
Chapman - $41
Selwood - $11
Goddard (injury this week?????) - $12

Judd at $6 is a chance of course but bad odds given 2nd is so cramped.

If Steve Johnson could magically regain fitness/form and poll 5-7 votes in the remaining 3 games i think he would be a chance as well for the quinella, i have him leading after round 11. At $790 for the quinella with Swan i reckon its worth a fiver.

As Brownlow King said earlier, couple into St.Kilda the flag and there are some nice profits to be made!

Being a collingwood supporter.

I really want D.Swan to win the brownlow, watching almost every game this season. He is a solid performer, no doubt about it.

Anyone else agree?

Just a question - how do the Brownlow quinellas work?

Liking the look of Judd/Black/Harvey/Cousins/Goodes @ $12.72 :thumbsu:

Quniellas are just top 2. Not sure what happens if It's a split for the top 2. Anyone? I assume you'll get payed half of what you would have.

As for your multi, Judd/Harvey/Goodes are locks. Black vs Brown is still 50/50 for mine, and Cousins vs Deledio 50/50.

I did $70 worth of multis today all with min payout of 500 each. Just one win please. ;)

Quniellas are just top 2. Not sure what happens if It's a split for the top 2. Anyone? I assume you'll get payed half of what you would have.

As for your multi, Judd/Harvey/Goodes are locks. Black vs Brown is still 50/50 for mine, and Cousins vs Deledio 50/50.

I did $70 worth of multis today all with min payout of 500 each. Just one win please. ;)

Thanks for the clarification. :thumbsu: :)

I see Black as a moral as he's performed just as well, if not better than last year. Brown has been good also, but i still stick by the old logic that midfielders precede forwards when it comes to umpires distributing their votes. Would say it's 60/40 for me at this stage, although i said the same thing about Bartel improving his game last season after his brownlow year and look how that turned out. :eek:

Agree regarding Cousins vs Deledio. Will be veeery close, and Tuck might even sneak in there somewhere. Only thing running against Cousins is he's missed a string of games here and there.

Out of curiosity, how many legs are in your average multi Athomas? I assume they're moderate $10/$20 bets, yeah?

Thanks for the clarification. :thumbsu: :)

I see Black as a moral as he's performed just as well, if not better than last year. Brown has been good also, but i still stick by the old logic that midfielders precede forwards when it comes to umpires distributing their votes. Would say it's 60/40 for me at this stage, although i said the same thing about Bartel improving his game last season after his brownlow year and look how that turned out. :eek:

Agree regarding Cousins vs Deledio. Will be veeery close, and Tuck might even sneak in there somewhere. Only thing running against Cousins is he's missed a string of games here and there.

Out of curiosity, how many legs are in your average multi Athomas? I assume they're moderate $10/$20 bets, yeah?

Maximum 5 legs. Majority are 3-4. And yeh, $5-$15 bets. :thumbsu:

I agree, Judd/Garvey/Goodes all should win for sure. I also think that bar Brown having 2-3 massive games and Black being quiet that Black has him covered. I rate Deledio over Cousins and again last 3 games important. i'd take the same multi again and swap other at Rich for Deledio to be safe.

Being a collingwood supporter.

I really want D.Swan to win the brownlow, watching almost every game this season. He is a solid performer, no doubt about it.

Anyone else agree?
I reckon that Swan will win Coll's B&F by miles and has had a super year, in the best every week. I know that he polled super in the brownlow 2 years ago ( 21votes for memory ) but he was missed a little last year and under achieved with 12. Whilst this year is his best of the 3 I fear for his sake that umps will miss him in some of those 30 poss games and give him none. i still think that he will go well but can't see him in the top 2 vs the proven pollers every year of Judd, Black, Goodes plus Selwood who was new on the scene with 19 last year.

couple of questions.

Does anyone fancy a bolter from outside the favourites (say beyond $51 to 1) to snaffle a place or bolt to the win?

I have Pendlebury on a few votes and see him as a potential Black-like poller. Don't mind the Carlton boys Gibbs and Murphy aswell to steal a few from Judd and give it a real show.

Also does anyone have Swan actually leading their counts? Do you think the $3 price tag is justified atm?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Votes tonight?

Worried about Vince for Adelaide now.
I/ve been all over Thompson and Vince at Adel...had more big multis with Vince y/day and was $7 so very happy with that.
He would have got the 3 last night. No votes Edwards or Thompson and noone else can win at Adel IMO.
Vince will still prob be $4 next week so you can still get on.
Gee I hope they tag Swan today and can't wait for the Selwood / Ablett vs Goodes show tonight and the Simon Black show at the Gabba.

For the Collingwood v Richmond match I have 3 for Swan, 2 for Cloke and 1 for Beams

Didak, Pendlebury and Davis could have very well easily polled though

what does everyone else think?

Hard choices in the Cats/Swans game

I thought Ablett, Corey, Mackie, Enright, R Shaw, Goodes are all a chance.

Ablett was back to his effective best but not quite top form. Enright terrific early then faded. Corey there throughout along with R Shaw. Goodes got a lot of ball up on the wing so didn't hurt the Cats as much.

Black very good tonight. Couldn't pick a Standout from the Dogs. Harbrow, Johnson and Eagleton looked good without looking at stats. Boyd also pretty good in the contests.

Would give Black 2 or 1 probably.

Hard choices in the Cats/Swans game

I thought Ablett, Corey, Mackie, Enright, R Shaw, Goodes are all a chance.

Ablett was back to his effective best but not quite top form. Enright terrific early then faded. Corey there throughout along with R Shaw. Goodes got a lot of ball up on the wing so didn't hurt the Cats as much.

Only Ablett could get 44 possessions and a key goal early in the final quarter and only be in with a chance :p

Ablett will get 3 tonigt.
Goodes was very good too. Likely 2 as the umpire's love child.
The 1 could go to anyone, but I've chalked it for Corey.

Went
3. Boyd
2. Black
1. Harbrow
and
3. Ablett
2. Corey (lots of the ball but useless disposal in last qtr)
1. O'Keefe (goal in last qtr and lots of clearances)

Ah Steve , Steve. Your joking if you think Goodes won't get any votes.

Swan a shoe-in to win i reckon, Boyd a strong roughie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back