Brownlow Medal 2009 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal

I forgot to keep my own Brownlow count this year. It's funny comparing who you and the umpires gave votes for.
What do most people have Goodes on at the moment?
I would think Ablett, Montagna, Judd, Dal Santo, and Hayes would be the top 5. Maybe Selwood or S.Johnson close. But, Goodes has been on fire the past month.

I forgot to keep my own Brownlow count this year. It's funny comparing who you and the umpires gave votes for.
I would think Ablett, Montagna, Judd, Dal Santo, and Hayes would be the top 5. Maybe Selwood or S.Johnson close. But, Goodes has been on fire the past month.

I reckon Goodes is a big show. From my quick calc's Id have him on around 14 (Rd 1 = 1, Rd 2 = 2, Rd 5 = 2, Rd 7= 2, Rd 8 = 2, Rd 10= 2, Rd 11 = 3)

Now before everyone jumps on my back I don't necessarily think he is entitled to these votes but lets be honest the umps love him and he polls like no one else.

Last year he was almost dropped for bad form and he still was up there is brownlow betting and actually beat Franklin who kicked 100+ goals.

There arn't many other Sydney players who poll heavily and other than Jolly I don't think many Swans would have many votes. What are everyone else's thoughts??

After today's performance I have Goodes on 8 but he will probably have more in the real count.

Goodes, Judd and Black normally get more votes then expected. Swan is another who might move into that category.

personally i think judd and ablett would be miles ahead of the rest of the pack. goodes, goddard, montagna and dal santo will be close, but really it'll be out of juddy and gaz.

personally i think judd and ablett would be miles ahead of the rest of the pack. goodes, goddard, montagna and dal santo will be close, but really it'll be out of juddy and gaz.
Apparently, last year it was out of Franklin and Ablett. You ca't just put a line through players who will be in contention. We have a very rough idea of who will win, but you can never trust an umpire.

I'm interested to know how everyone saw the Geelong match, there's a lot of talk that Ablett wasn't damaging enough with his 43 possessions. Selwood, Varcoe, Enright, Chapman and Scarlett would all have to be up there.

G Ablett 18
L Montagna 16
N Dal Santo 13
L Hayes 13
C Judd 12
A Goodes 12
D Swan 11
S Mitchell 11
S Johnson 10
B Goddard 10
T Edwards 9
J Selwood 9
P Chapman 9
W Tredrea 9

After Round 11. Will post club votes during the week when I have time, 3 exams this week, better get started lol.

G Ablett 18
L Montagna 16
N Dal Santo 13
L Hayes 13
C Judd 12
A Goodes 12
D Swan 11
S Mitchell 11
S Johnson 10
B Goddard 10
T Edwards 9
J Selwood 9
P Chapman 9
W Tredrea 9

After Round 11. Will post club votes during the week when I have time, 3 exams this week, better get started lol.

where's sewell?

I'm interested to know how everyone saw the Geelong match, there's a lot of talk that Ablett wasn't damaging enough with his 43 possessions. Selwood, Varcoe, Enright, Chapman and Scarlett would all have to be up there.
I wouldn't have him in the votes. I was at the game and watched it later on TV, Ablett got a lot of the ball but wasn't one of the most damaging on the ground. A lot of recieves, including a period near the end of the game where he was standing in the back pocket and got about 5 touches while Geelong were winding the clock down.

Selwood, Chapman, Cox, Vacoe and Scarlett I would have ahead of him probably. But he did kick 2 goals, which might get him some votes.

17. Ablett

14. Hayes, J. Selwood

13. Dal Santo

12. Judd

11. Pendlebury, Montagna

9. Tredrea, M. Murphy

8: Haselby, Watson, Higgins, Goodes

7. Chapman, J. Brown, Gilbee, R. Shaw, S. Johnson, Swan, Goddard, Sewell

6. Kerr, Vince, N. Riewoldt, Pavlich, Bartel, Ar. Davey, Winderlich, J. Mcveigh, Deledio, Cooney, Fevola, Black

5. Gibbs, Boyd, Akermanis, Koschitzke, Knights, Edwards, Didak

4. Mitchell, Lockyer, Roughead, Johnstone, A. Selwood, Jackson, Ray, Stanton, Lloyd, Power, Brogan, Waite, Kirk, Sylvia, Simpson, Thompson, Doughty, D. Cox

3. Wiggins, Harding, P. Burgoyne, C. Bolton, Griffen, Adcock, Dangerfield, Harvey, Ryder, J. Riewoldt, Goodwin, Salopek, Sandilands, C. Morton, Lecras, Bradshaw, Sherman, Davis, Hale, Rich, Giansiricusa, Duffield, Cassisi, K. Cornes, Dick

2. McLeod, Green, Lake, Patfull, Guerra, O’Brien, Chaplin, Corey, Richardson, Ziebell, Mundy, Mooney, S. Hill, Monfries, Wells, Bateman, Kelly, S. Tuck, Boak, Pearce, Lewis, Lovett, J. Hill, Tippett, Varcoe

1. Gilbert, McIntosh, Fisher, Fraser, Jolly, B. Johnson, D. Fletcher, Hurn, Reilly, L. Hansen, Gram, McPhee, Moss, Bruce, McKay, J. Bolton, Muston, Morris, Swallow, Tambling, Franklin, C. Jones

Went to the game, either Ablett or Chapman will get the 3 votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

where's sewell?

Personally, I just don't have him very highly. Him and Watson are probably the only players talked about here that I just can't see that high on the votes. (Watson on 6, Sewell 5 for mine).

Of course both very underrated, Sewell has been very good in some games in which they have lost imo = not many votes.

Ablett doesn't have a chance of getting the 3 votes in the WCE vs Geelong game. I was watching every single move of the game live on Fox sports and very often he handballed to team mates under pressure, recieves a stack of the ball from his teammates instead of racking it in himself and overall there were just a lot of better players than him like Cox, Selwood, Chapman and others. I think people are rating his chances for the Brownlow WAY too high, he's been getting cheap possessions all year now.

Ablett doesn't have a chance of getting the 3 votes in the WCE vs Geelong game. I was watching every single move of the game live on Fox sports and very often he handballed to team mates under pressure, recieves a stack of the ball from his teammates instead of racking it in himself and overall there were just a lot of better players than him like Cox, Selwood, Chapman and others. I think people are rating his chances for the Brownlow WAY too high, he's been getting cheap possessions all year now.
How about you direct this crap to bay 13 GB. Your unhealthy obsession with Ablett is quite startling, and your clearly trolling when you come on here everyweek just to bag out Ablett and not give your opinion on other players. :cool:

Seeing as I have no life, I decided to add up the SuperCoach votes (Champion Data Scoring System) for every match in a 3-2-1 Points system.

The results are very interesting.

G Ablett 19
L Montagna 14
S Pendlebury 13
L Davis 12
N Dal Santo 10
A Goodes 10
P Duffield 9
B Sewell 9
J Bowden 9
L Hayes 9
B Goddard 9
K Simpson 8
J Winderlich 8
C Judd 7
P Chapman 7
J Corey 7
S Mitchell 7
A Swallow 7
N Riewoldt 7

Aside from Ablett, Duffield is a major roughie @ 9 votes, Swallow @ 7 for club by club betting.

However, this should all be taken with a grain of salt. Although it can be a very accurate predictor, players like Simon Black are yet to poll a single vote with the ChampionData System.

How about you direct this crap to bay 13 GB. Your unhealthy obsession with Ablett is quite startling, and your clearly trolling when you come on here everyweek just to bag out Ablett and not give your opinion on other players. :cool:

I'm not trolling, you are. I'm giving a legitimate reason for why I think Ablett is overrated and won't get as many votes as people are predicting while you're just a whiney Geelong supporter who's got nothing better to do than whine and cry about people's opinions that suggest something negative to Sooky bear Ablett and I stand by my point, Ablett was NOT damaging in the game against West Coast apart from his 2 goals. It's like Bartel last year, he got 38 possessions and 2 goals against the bombers, 0 brownlow votes though.

As for the other players, I think a Saint player will win the Brownlow, they suffer the same problem as Geelong in the fact that they have several contenders but it's hard for any other team to get a single vote against them because they're everywhere ferociously tackling etc. Especially Hayes and Montagna.

I love Dane Swan as a dream teamer but TBH, when I see him play, his disposals aren't THAT good. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player but IMO not in the Brownlow class.

I'm not trolling, you are. I'm giving a legitimate reason for why I think Ablett is overrated and won't get as many votes as people are predicting while you're just a whiney Geelong supporter who's got nothing better to do than whine and cry about people's opinions that suggest something negative to Sooky bear Ablett and I stand by my point, Ablett was NOT damaging in the game against West Coast apart from his 2 goals. It's like Bartel last year, he got 38 possessions and 2 goals against the bombers, 0 brownlow votes though.

As for the other players, I think a Saint player will win the Brownlow, they suffer the same problem as Geelong in the fact that they have several contenders but it's hard for any other team to get a single vote against them because they're everywhere ferociously tackling etc. Especially Hayes and Montagna.

I love Dane Swan as a dream teamer but TBH, when I see him play, his disposals aren't THAT good. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player but IMO not in the Brownlow class.
The coaches beg to differ. Was voted BOG along with Cox by those in the know. :thumbsu:

Seeing as I have no life, I decided to add up the SuperCoach votes (Champion Data Scoring System) for every match in a 3-2-1 Points system.

The results are very interesting.

G Ablett 19
L Montagna 14
S Pendlebury 13
L Davis 12
N Dal Santo 10
A Goodes 10
P Duffield 9
B Sewell 9
J Bowden 9
L Hayes 9
B Goddard 9
K Simpson 8
J Winderlich 8
C Judd 7
P Chapman 7
J Corey 7
S Mitchell 7
A Swallow 7
N Riewoldt 7

Aside from Ablett, Duffield is a major roughie @ 9 votes, Swallow @ 7 for club by club betting.

However, this should all be taken with a grain of salt. Although it can be a very accurate predictor, players like Simon Black are yet to poll a single vote with the ChampionData System.

Thanks for that :)

Does this tally with the brownlow voting that ChampionData also releases periodically?

Can you do the same for DT as well?:D

Thanks for that :)

Does this tally with the brownlow voting that ChampionData also releases periodically?

Can you do the same for DT as well?:D

It should tally with them. Only difference may be is on 2 or 3 occasions there is a tie for votes in which case I choose the player who had more DT points.

And I'm not going to do one for DT, because although interesting, it would be a horrible reflection on the brownlow, in which ChampionData are usually fairly close. :)

Keep it up AThomas, I wanna see what happens by the end of the year.Mine:
16 G.Ablett Gee
12 N.Riewoldt StK
12 N.Dal Santo StK
11 D.Swan Coll
10 S.Johnson Gee
10 L.Montagna StK

I have Judd on 9, which is surprising. This is mainly because since the Collingwood game, he has been very close to votes each week but not quite there, with Fev kickign 8 this week, etc.
Joel Selwood is only on 7 for me. Ablett and S.Johnson keep stealign votes from him. If those 2 aren't BOG, sometimes Corey, Bartel or Chapman might get there. Too hard for Selwood to win the Brownlow while hes at Geelong.
SImon Black is only on 5 votes for me. His disposal efficiency has been down on his suual efforts. Also, he turns it on for a quarter, but is regularly tagged out of other quarters and is prone to a quiet one. Dw tho Black fans, the umpires will still give him BOG every other week ;)
Mitchell is on 7. Goodes and Sewell are on 9 at the moment, and Hayes is also climbing up there. I reckon my votes (based completely on statistics) are reasonably close to Brownlow predictions.

the leader after 11 rounds is always an interesting betting option on brownlow night. do you guys think ablett is over the line? i'm not sure....i would think the possibilities to be ahead of him may be.....montagna (depending on whether he is noticed by the umps or not), hayes (last 5-6 weeks have been super but so have many team mates) and murphy (i really think you guys are underselling his start to the year....am still confident he is well ahead of judd and minimum in double figures).

anyone else to possibly be leading at this stage? selwood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back