Brownlow Medal 2009 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what agencies are running the team multi's?

Looking at you Benchwarmers..

Thanks in advance.

Neither year anywhere near as good as his 2009 year. Are you alluding to the fact he dropped from 20 votes in 2007 to 12 votes last year due to the increased expectation from the umpires? Valid theory. Though an interesting stat that someone posted on another thread is that every time Swan has accumulated 30+ possessions in a game during '07 and '08, he has polled votes. He has had 16 30+ possession games so far this year.

There has been a bit of a plunge on him on betfair today with his odds dropping from 4.20 to 3.70. I'm not too happy about it.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what agencies are running the team multi's?

Looking at you Benchwarmers..

Thanks in advance.

I just do mine at the TAB because i don't have an online account, but do it at the tabsportsbet site if you have an account (you just check the website to get the odds and sports bet number for the ticket at the TAB).

I would think other places do it but im not 100% sure.

no worries.

I just do mine at the TAB because i don't have an online account, but do it at the tabsportsbet site if you have an account (you just check the website to get the odds and sports bet number for the ticket at the TAB).

I would think other places do it but im not 100% sure.

no worries.

I know I said thanks in advance, but needs to be reiterated.

Cheers mate, very handy :thumbsu:

I like the look of your multi, I think i'll be doing something similar.

I am an Essendon supporter and on Anzac Day I asked my Collingwood mate who he thought his teams best on ground was, without hesitation he said "Swan by a mile" I was shocked (although I wasn't really watching their players that much). Since that day I have watched him in several games and he reminds me of Paul Kelly from Sydney (and Jobe Watson). He is the guy who gets the ball and feeds it out of the contest. Without him Collingwood would struggle.

In the past the umpires have rewarded these players for showing the courage to put their heads over the ball. I think this years Brownlow is one of the most open in history and it will be interesting to see who the umpires vote for.

I know I said thanks in advance, but needs to be reiterated.

Cheers mate, very handy :thumbsu:

I like the look of your multi, I think i'll be doing something similar.

yeah no worries, yeah im thinking of doing a few variations of it with less players, maybe vince/thompson, black/brown, and i might chuck watson when essendons odds are back up. hope we can get up aye!

Funny you mention that as I have Hayes coming 6th !

I know that st kilda will have many vote getters. We will have over 100 votes as a team with many times taking all 6 votes. I will not be suprised if 2 or 3 st kilda players score 20 votes each.

An interesting Multi.

Brown, Davey, Tredrea, Harvey, Deledio, Montagna, Cox, Cooney, Didak and Other for Adel is paying 120k to the $1.

Come on TAB! Open Essendon's votes!

Wanna do Davey x Harvey x Watson x Boyd. :D With some variances of A Selwood and Brown/Black as well! :p

Judd - Watson - Davey - Harvey - Goodes - A Selwood @ $24

they are all considered 'locks' by most.

in case of an upset, which only looks to be possible with west coast, variations could easily be made. For example, substituting Cox in for Selwood would get odds of $30, Priddis would get $60 (value!!) and LeCras $87 (THIS is value).

It's quite amazing that a bet of Watson - Davey - Harvey - LeCras would net $77 per dollar.
The big parlays all look good on paper, but the reason you hear on the grapevine about every single big parlay that gets up is because it happens so rarely. Best to keep your multi's to 3 or 4 legs max.

I remember I had a six leg multi during the Sydney Olympics - it was only paying about $7 or $8 but it was a sure thing, simply because the big guns just don't get beaten at the olympics. It was looking good for me until Susie O'Neill, who was paying $1.08 or similar, got pipped by some chick whose name sounded like female genetalia...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

very interesting discussion as the end of the season draws closer.
i have a few worries. dane swan is a great player and has had a fantastic year. however i share the concerns of others that he may not get notice/remembered b the umpires when it come time to do the votes. he has had heaps (pretty much every game) of games where he is up there with the best players on the field, but not necessarily the top 3.

also, i saw another thread on BF in the football statistics section relating to games where players have received votes for very poor statistically games. so as well i think i've got my votes allocated, there is the variable that everyone is aware of, about players getting 1 or 2 votes in games that they shouldn't (in their opinion), where the player is not one of those highly regarded compared to other medal favorites. and to the shock of many they pull out votes.
example, jarrod atkinson getting a vote for the essendon vs st.kilda game on the weekend. he had a few good runs and things, but is not in the same ball park when tossing up votes compared to a Dal Santo. (just an example).
do you guys think this type of thing will happen a lot in this years count, and if so will it have a big effect (one of these players topping their teams count).

my votes from the weekends games. i didnt watch the collingwood game or carlton. and only saw half the melbourne and west coast games, so not too sure about them.. let me know what you think. if you want. cheers

ROUND 20
FRIDAY, AUGUST 14
Hawthorn v Adelaide MCG (N)
3 Votes – A. McLeod
2 Votes – B. Vince
1 Vote – B. McGlynn, S. Stevens, M. Doughty
SATURDAY, AUGUST 15
Richmond v Collingwood MCG
3 Votes – A. Didak
2 Votes – D. Swan
1 Vote – S. Pendlebury, D. Beams, T. Cloke
West Coast v North Melbourne S (T)
3 Votes – A. Selwood
2 Votes – B. Harvey
1 Vote – M. Priddis, N. Naitanui
Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs G (N)
3 Votes – J. Harbrow
2 Votes – S. Black
1 Vote – M. Clark, A. Cooney
Sydney v Geelong ANZ (N)
3 Votes – G. Ablett
2 Votes – J. Corey
1 Vote – A. Goodes, A. Mackie, C. Enright
SUNDAY, AUGUST 16
Melbourne v Fremantle MCG
3 Votes – A. Davey
2 Votes – B. McLean
1 Vote – M. Bate, S. Valenti, B. Moloney
Port Adelaide v Carlton AS
3 Votes – M. Murphy
2 Votes – B. Gibbs
1 Vote – B. Fevola
Essendon v St Kilda TD (T)
3 Votes – J. Watson
2 Votes – A. Monfries
1 Vote – N. Dal Santo

Yeh think it would go Watson/Monfries/NDS.

Don't forget Monfries received 6 free kicks so the umps were definitely keeping an eye on contests he was involved in.

Think Mackie and Corey definitely deserve votes but I'm not sure they'll get them with Goodes there. Goodes played well but he took a lot of marks leading up the ground. Maybe with some media criticism of his ability to get votes in poor performances the umps will be a bit harsher on him.

assuming saints beat north and melb, they will have 21 wins and probable 21 x 6 votes which equates to 126 votes. sure they may not always get all six but against bombers perhaps one sainter stole a vote while a geelong player prob stole a vote during their thriller earlier in season...

divide that by 5 gun players and thats 25.2 votes each!
divide that 6 gun players and thats 21 votes each!

scary thing is one or two players always get no love from umps so u could assume that one or two saints will get above the average of 25.2 or 21 ie. 28 or 27 maybe even more!!! thats hard to beat........

yeah your right one of those saints will poll better then expected but your forgetting players like milne, kosy, gilbert, baker, ball, fisher, etc etc all stealing between 1 to 5 votes as well, that takes about 30 of the votes, that leaves you with 95 between 6 stand out saints hmmmm i could see 3 of them all been stuck on 22

Judd - Watson - Davey - Harvey - Goodes - A Selwood @ $24

they are all considered 'locks' by most.

in case of an upset, which only looks to be possible with west coast, variations could easily be made. For example, substituting Cox in for Selwood would get odds of $30, Priddis would get $60 (value!!) and LeCras $87 (THIS is value).

It's quite amazing that a bet of Watson - Davey - Harvey - LeCras would net $77 per dollar.

Ive chucked into a multi.. any player not quoted for eagles.. gives me the options of embley, hurn and lynch which is at $13 i think thats not bad for abit of a roughy

Ive chucked into a multi.. any player not quoted for eagles.. gives me the options of embley, hurn and lynch which is at $13 i think thats not bad for abit of a roughy

It was $51 with some agencies early last week.
Embley should have voted the first time around v WBulldogs - and has a definite 3 second time around. Apart from that - haven't seen much of West Coast - but his stats are good in their wins, he kicks goals and is noticeable...

Hey Lads put on a Head to Head multi on for the brownlow along with other things and only have this left:

Giansiracusa vs Rob Murphy

Wells vs Petrie

Cox vs Masten

Is someone able to tell me what they have there certain counts on? I can't quite follow it. Would be much appreciated.:thumbsu:

Hey Lads put on a Head to Head multi on for the brownlow along with other things and only have this left:

Giansiracusa vs Rob Murphy

Wells vs Petrie

Cox vs Masten

Is someone able to tell me what they have there certain counts on? I can't quite follow it. Would be much appreciated.:thumbsu:

Which agencie can you do head to head bets with?

Anyways on my count I would have:

7 vs 1

0 vs 2

5 vs 0

All those are monty's, what does a multi for them 3 pay $1.15?

Which agencie can you do head to head bets with?

Anyways on my count I would have:

7 vs 1

0 vs 2

5 vs 0

All those are monty's, what does a multi for them 3 pay $1.15?

Sportsbet were doing head to head multi's for a while there but stopped about 6 weeks ago.

I got Gian at $1.75
Petrie $1.60
Cox $1.15

I guess at the time there was till a fair few rounds to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back