Brownlow Medal 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy guys, I've had a fair bit of time off but logged back on and thought I'd share some views.
My top picks for this year to win the medal are Pendlebury, Swan, Selwood, Boyd, Sandilands and to a lesser extent Judd. Hard to see the winner not being one of these guys.
Pendlebury is my top pick after polling 5 Bogs and 3 x 2's last year. I think he'll improve this year. Full respect for Swan who would often win polling 24 so if he repeats he can easily win.
Happy to risk Ablett simply as the GC won't win the required games and he will also be the centre of all the attention.
Will risk Goddard again but also feel he might have improved to another level, not liked by the umps though.
Re the talk on here about Krakouer, I don't think he can win but I wouldn't bag people who think his price is pretty good. Atleast winning the Sandover medal proves he's noticed.
Bring on Thursday I reckon !!

By the way, I am pretty sure that we won't be able to get on team vote multis this year. I plan to make my $$ on the winner and Brownlow - Premiership double.
Hopefully we can still get on Quinella etc. later in the year.

By the way, I am pretty sure that we won't be able to get on team vote multis this year. I plan to make my $$ on the winner and Brownlow - Premiership double.
Hopefully we can still get on Quinella etc. later in the year.
Why do you think that?They would've lost as much last year as the year before from it so I don't see why they would allow it last year then stop it this year.

Distracted a little bit due to being at the footy club for the first half, but i thought it was:

3 - Murphy
2 - Gibbs
1 - Riewoldt/Judd (got a heaps of clearances, plus he's Chris Judd)

Thinking of watching it again though.

Distracted a little bit due to being at the footy club for the first half, but i thought it was:

3 - Murphy
2 - Gibbs
1 - Riewoldt/Judd (got a heaps of clearances, plus he's Chris Judd)

Thinking of watching it again though.

Thats what I thought. Simpson had a huge last quarter is also in the mix for me too.

Nah Judd will get 2 or 3 probably 3. Murphy will get 2 J Riewoldt probably get 1. Gibbs lots of cheap stuff.

Only reason that i am considering Judd for a vote is because of his polling history.

Thought it was a below average performance from him, got his usual mountain of clearances but still looked rusty from his interrupted preseason.

3- Judd
2- Murphy
1- Gibbs

Simpson and Riewoldt next best chances.

Judd was his usual self breaking lines, pulling free kicks, clearances and a nice goal when the game was on the line.

Just my 2 cents

Cheers

My picks would be:

3 - Murphy
2 - Gibbs
1 - Riewoldt/Simpson

Like most others, I'm quite confident in Murphy and Gibbs for 3 and 2, and think it's a battle for that last vote.

You can never discount 6 goals, but I don't think Riewoldt had much more of an impact anywhere, although at 3 quarter time it did look like Richmond might sneak it. Simpson had a very good game in my opinion, and really took the game on at the end where it mattered. Judd still looked rusty to his standards, but he definitely had his moments and his goal came at a very crucial point of the game. If I had to stick my neck out, I'd probably go Simpson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 - Murphy
2 - Gibbs
1 - Riewoldt

Murphy + Gibbs I think should have the 3 and 2 sewn up. Riewoldt I think definitely deserves the 1, looked so dangerous everytime the ball was in the air, got a few fk paid for him and 6 goals is a great return considering the chances (or lack of) he had. Nearly single handedly kept them in the game, and then just had no chance to touch it in the 4th.

3. Judd
2. Gibbs
1. Reiwoldt

Judd to poll the 3, his clearances in the last quarter got them over the line plus the goal which swung momentum. Will be nice and fresh in the minds of the umpires when they do the votes.

3. Murphy
2. Riewoldt
1. Gibbs

IMO Judd didnt really have a spectacular vote getting game.
If the goal he kicked at start of last was to put them in front he might have got the 1.

Just echoing most; would think Gibbs and Murphy would be getting 2 or 3 votes. However Judds always a factor, if the manlove continues for him he could snag the 3 - not sure if the umpires will adjust/react to the backlash of last year.

3. Murphy/Gibbs
2. Gibbs/Murphy
1. Judd/Riewoldt/Cotchin

So stoked its footy time and thus brownlow time, got foxtel for the year mainly for this.

3. Gibbs
2. Murphy
1. J Voldt

I dont think Judd will get votes this game, you could tell umpires were being a little harsher.
He got a holding the ball decision against him this game that i dont think he would have got last year.

3 Murphy
2 Gibbs
1 Simpson/Judd/Volt

Judd a chance because of his history but the umpires may be a bit more concious of giving him votes early this year. Ablett was easily BOG in rd 1 last year but only got 1 vote ifirc.

The 3 should go Murphy's way, he was huge in the first half with 6 clearances and 6 inside 50's. While he tailed off a little, he was a major influence around the stoppages for most of the game.

Gibbs should get the 2, was outstanding, but a lot of uncontested footy.

Judd, Jack and Simpson in the mix for the minor votes

3. Gibbs
2. Murphy
1. J Voldt

I dont think Judd will get votes this game, you could tell umpires were being a little harsher.
He got a holding the ball decision against him this game that i dont think he would have got last year.

Disagree, disposal wasn't great but no worse than last year and the umps have proven they can see past that.. when the game needed to be won in the last quarter he had 9 touches, a goal and a bunch of clearances.

I'd probably have Murphy best on and Gibbs in the mix. But alot of Gibbs' touches were cheapies and the umps seem to focus more on contested possession, so as far as brownlow voting goes reckon Judd will get the 3

3. Judd
2. Murphy
1. 'volt

As it was mentioned earlier, the umpires were being alot harsher to Judd last night.He was done for holding the ball a few times and atleast 2 of them I said I couldnt believe they actually did (because he was Judd not becuse it wasnt). Gibbs and Murphy def deserve the 3 and 2 and Volt well deserves the 1 point. 6 goals is nothing to sniff at and every time he was near the ball the tigers looked very dangerous.
3. Gibbs
2. Murphy
1. Volt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back