Buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently training the house down,has become a bit of a cult figure already. Coaching staff are rapt with his attitude and his all round athleticism and skills for a 6'5" 17 yr old. He'll be held back though as along with Jarred Roughead they don't want to put them in too early. All reports so far very impressive though. Jordan Lewis probably our only draftee starting Rd 1 at this point i'd think.

jackson_rules said:
just out of curiosty what position will both roughhead and buddy be playing
Drafted as KPP's and that's where they'll play eventually. CHF and FF although would not surprise to see them in defence at times while they're still learning the caper. From reports i've read and heard on Buddy sound like he's capable of playing anywhere. Similar type to Goodes. Roughy more of a bullocking physical type but takes a very strong pack mark so i'd say more likely to hold down CHF. Coaching staff will take their time with these 2 and rightly so. Thurgood another who could hold down CHB in time,this kid can seriously play! All in all our future tall stocks are looking promising.

I think Langford started on the wing to get a run learn the game and build a body,they could do this with the twin towers.

I think give him a go half forward flank running up the wing or even forward pocket leading up the ground. He has good hands already and is quick so he'd be hard to catch out in front. Don't think he's strong enough yet for one on one but I reckon he'll build up quickly with his athletic shape.

Hawk Dork said:
I think Langford started on the wing to get a run learn the game and build a body,they could do this with the twin towers.

Mew also started of as a winger (took to it a bit quicker than Langers IIRC too). So the precendent is there and don't actually mind the sounds of it. Gowers had his best footy as a 6'4 winger/marking target come to think of it. Tall wingers a Hawks tradtion so why not continue with tradition! :D

I dont want this to come off like a troll, but ive seen a bit of Lance in the flesh in the Alcock Cup competition (WA Private schools league)...didnt impress me with his attitude, his ability to take a contested mark, his second efforts. He struck me as more of an athletic person, rather than a footballer...but i guess thats what recruiters are after these days. Anyway, good luck to him..i hope im wrong.

Grendel said:
Mew also started of as a winger (took to it a bit quicker than Langers IIRC too). So the precendent is there and don't actually mind the sounds of it. Gowers had his best footy as a 6'4 winger/marking target come to think of it. Tall wingers a Hawks tradtion so why not continue with tradition! :D

HaHa tall wingers hey try playing I heard you guys were going to try play Trent Croad on a wing! Hes one of the biggest hacks going around, wouldnt try it if I were the Hawks hell get cut up by a class winger. Another dissapointing year coming up for the Hawks

unit - couldn't agree more with your comment although it needs to be put into context. PSA footy is ********e..... wesley (buddy's side) were ********e! you cant put a rolls royce in with festivas and expect him to be bothered. buddy should have played at perth more but PSA schools have a hold on their kids than can be detremental. there are only 3 maybe 4 good sides a year that simply smash the others by up to and over 30 goals each week.... cant be good for anyones development.

buddy - good kid, great character and will be a hawk cult figure sure enough. play to potential and could be the next poster boy there. no pressure though buddy :cool:

Heard you blokes were thinking of playing Henneman at CHB.... Tell us again about hacks?

We know we're in for a long year (or two). What's your excuse going to be? Kids coming through? Belted by Walletworld for gawdsake.. Johns will be the answer no doubt.. it he ever plays that is....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grendel said:
Heard you blokes were thinking of playing Henneman at CHB.... Tell us again about hacks?

We know we're in for a long year (or two). What's your excuse going to be? Kids coming through? Belted by Walletworld for gawdsake.. Johns will be the answer no doubt.. it he ever plays that is....

What the ***** :eek:

Grendel said:

Hey Grendel haven't you heard? Joel Reynolds is going to win 3 Brownlows and that autumn leaves powerhouse Winderlich is their new midfield general... According to Disco Clarky that is,think he's been on the Disco Bikkies...AGAIN!!! No wonder the newsagents gone bust!

Disco Clarky said:
HaHa tall wingers hey try playing I heard you guys were going to try play Trent Croad on a wing! Hes one of the biggest hacks going around, wouldnt try it if I were the Hawks hell get cut up by a class winger. Another dissapointing year coming up for the Hawks
How'd you go last week against the wooden spooners ? Bugger off back to your own board if you've got nothing constructive to say.

DC hasn't been abusive so no need to get that way yourself

OneEyedHawk said:
How'd you go last week against the wooden spooners d***head? Bugger off back to your own board if you've got nothing constructive to say.
Mate, do I need to remind you that you guys were only a small percentage away from the Spoon.

taraba said:
Mate, do I need to remind you that you guys were only a small percentage away from the Spoon.
So close...but yet so far away. And as bad as the Hawks were in 2004, those percentage points scream loudly about the depth of the Tigers' ineptitude. Wave that spoon proudly because Richmond earned it!

Grendel said:

If Andy Gowers was 6"4 I will bear my @$$ down Bourke Street.

GO HAWKS!!

What's 193cm in the old then? Cause that's what I've got his listed height down here in a record (well.. it's somewhere around this general mess). 6'3 then at least. Put him in long stops and start your trek down Bourke! :D

OneEyedHawk said:
How'd you go last week against the wooden spooners ? Bugger off back to your own board if you've got nothing constructive to say.

DC hasn't been abusive so no need to get that way yourself

Mate Im a lover of footy in general so I contribute to all boards. As for us being beaten by wooden spooners, well practice matches mean nothing , look at the side we had in. My local team wouldve beaten us. And bring on round 3 cause the Essendon streak against the Hawks is set to continue

The Fanatic said:
Hey Grendel haven't you heard? Joel Reynolds is going to win 3 Brownlows and that autumn leaves powerhouse Winderlich is their new midfield general... According to Disco Clarky that is,think he's been on the Disco Bikkies...AGAIN!!! No wonder the newsagents gone bust!

Ill tell you something Fanatic and all you other hawthorn and football suppoters alike. joel Reynolds will be a gun! Mark my word. Great overhead, great balance, super mover, reminds me alot of a young James Hird.

JOEL REYNOLDS= FUTURE GUN!

good to hear buddy showed plenty in the practice game today. he definately showed that he has a huge talent, and is mobile. I think that great news and he'll play pretty early i would have thought.

Disco Clarky said:
Ill tell you something Fanatic and all you other hawthorn and football suppoters alike.JOEL REYNOLDS= FUTURE GUN!

Yes, we all stick up for our club when attacked by idiots from other clubs. Funny about that.

You know what I've noticed? Supporters of clubs with genuine premiership chances can't be bothered attacking us, they have bigger fish to fry.

The funny thing is, Hawks fans know where we are and realise how much ground needs to be covered, but Essendon fans don't even realise they will soon be Hawthorn circa 2004, and won't I love that!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back