Bulldogs Supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hornet

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2003
Princes Park
AFL Club
Carlton
I really find it hard to tell people i'm a bulldogs supporter.

Although in actual fact i'm pretty neutral when it comes to the league. If they win I'm happy, if they lose I don't think about it too much.

But even still, the mere fact that i support the same team as some of these imbeciles embarrased me. These guys need to be hung out and shot - they're totally useless to everyone.

Hornet said:
Are they as bad as their made out to be in the press or is this a knee jerk reaction?
Yes. Some of them are that bad.

If you know anything about Sydney you will know that it is a social issue that has become a RL issue.

MagpieScouser said:
i cant wait to see the bulldogs play cronulla

bring your own flicknives!
I suspect that game will have to be played behind locked doors.
The Bulldogs administration have done everything they can, but the problem continues and is getting worse. I don't know if there's examples from other sports elsewhere in the world where a rotten fan culture has been able to be turned around, but every time this issue blows up the Bulldogs are looking more like a lost cause.

Glory and Fame said:
I suspect that game will have to be played behind locked doors.

Would be a wise move, but I doubt such action would be taken unless the NRL was 100% forced to by the NSW Police. Its sad to see a game of sport (regardless of code) overtaken by a few morons not even interested in the game being played itself. I wish the Bulldogs supporters involved would grow, pull their heads in and started to act in a manner befitting their club just like 99% of the clubs fans do.

I don't know if there's examples from other sports elsewhere in the world where a rotten fan culture has been able to be turned around

I think a perfect example is the way the Tartan Army came into being. In the late 70's, every time Scotland played an away international, its fans took it upon themselves to cause a riot wherever they went and got to the stage where the SFA nearly copped a ban as a result. So in the early 80's the SFA set up the Scotland Travel Club which sold tickets to Scottish matches to those who would uphold the nations honor and not riot for days on end.

As a result of this club the Tartan Army in name was born and more and more families and women got involved (where as before only men went to matches) and now the Tartan Army is known for its good nature, good behavour and large travelling groups (took 20,000 to a international against Italy). Classic example of changing a rotten fan culture.

I'm a Canterbury supporter and have never been ashamed of that, a solution to the problem ? - how about they arrest the jerks who are getting invloved in the punch ups and ban them from any NRL ground for a start.

I'm with NorthAlways... I'm never ashamed to call myself a Bulldogs supporter or wear the Blue & White!!!
The idiots have to always spoil it for everyone!!! Over 32,000 were there on friday night and had a great time untill the jerks did there thing... They should be arrested and sent to prison, this is a social problem in the Bankstown area and police need to take a tougher stand against the idiots!!!

LebaneseForces said:
I'm with NorthAlways... I'm never ashamed to call myself a Bulldogs supporter or wear the Blue & White!!!
The idiots have to always spoil it for everyone!!! Over 32,000 were there on friday night and had a great time untill the jerks did there thing... They should be arrested and sent to prison, this is a social problem in the Bankstown area and police need to take a tougher stand against the idiots!!!
Was about to write that that is the least moronic thing uv ever said....then i read "up urs Cazaly"...you cant spell peanut without "U"

there many be only one way to make the doggies supporters understand.....

relegate them to 15th on the ladder for all the trouble they caused and strip them of all their points.

maybe thats too harsh

music_2000 said:
there many be only one way to make the doggies supporters understand.....

relegate them to 15th on the ladder for all the trouble they caused and strip them of all their points.

maybe thats too harsh

IT WILL NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE MATE!!! These thugs are NOT supporters... They don't give a ******** about the club! And FOR EVERYONE WHO IS SAYING "Oh In That Case The Bulldog Supporters Should Stop Them"... GIVE ME A GUARENTEE THAT IF I KNOCK THE ******** OUT THE Thug/s I WILL NOT GO TO GAOL OR BE BANNED FOR LIFE THEN I WILL... And don't give me the rubbish about going to the security/Police... If anyone of you guys have done that before, you will know all they say IS “Unless they have hit you, we can't do anything"...

Was there any trouble in Newcastle? NO because they won't travel that far to go to a game... Will they cause trouble at other NRL games if the Bulldogs are expelled or banned from playing in front of crowds? YES Parramatta, St George, Cronulla, South Sydney, Roosters etc are close by and they will go there.

Solution... Has anyone thought hmmm Maybe a tougher punishment towards the assailants is the way to go??? Maybe a Gaol term to deter them??? You think they give a ******** if they get banned from a Bulldogs game??? NO

The drunken Rednecks in Newcastle are a bloody disgrace... And so are some of the old grannies... The racism and sheer degrading of anyone not from Newcastle is disrespectful at best... If that were at a Bulldogs game, Ray Hadley, the Daily Telegraph, SMH, THe Australian, Channel 2,7,9,10, SBS, Fox Sports, hell even the Herald Sun will be calling for the heads of the Bulldogs... I will think twice before attending another game in Newcastle again.

LebaneseForces said:
IT WILL NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE MATE!!! These thugs are NOT supporters... They don't give a ******** about the club! And FOR EVERYONE WHO IS SAYING "Oh In That Case The Bulldog Supporters Should Stop Them"... GIVE ME A GUARENTEE THAT IF I KNOCK THE ******** OUT THE Thug/s I WILL NOT GO TO GAOL OR BE BANNED FOR LIFE THEN I WILL... And don't give me the rubbish about going to the security/Police... If anyone of you guys have done that before, you will know all they say IS “Unless they have hit you, we can't do anything"...

Was there any trouble in Newcastle? NO because they won't travel that far to go to a game... Will they cause trouble at other NRL games if the Bulldogs are expelled or banned from playing in front of crowds? YES Parramatta, St George, Cronulla, South Sydney, Roosters etc are close by and they will go there.

Solution... Has anyone thought hmmm Maybe a tougher punishment towards the assailants is the way to go??? Maybe a Gaol term to deter them??? You think they give a ******** if they get banned from a Bulldogs game??? NO

The drunken Rednecks in Newcastle are a bloody disgrace... And so are some of the old grannies... The racism and sheer degrading of anyone not from Newcastle is disrespectful at best... If that were at a Bulldogs game, Ray Hadley, the Daily Telegraph, SMH, THe Australian, Channel 2,7,9,10, SBS, Fox Sports, hell even the Herald Sun will be calling for the heads of the Bulldogs... I will think twice before attending another game in Newcastle again.

That's where i feel sorry for the coppers as years ago if you carried on like these clowns do you would cop a flogging but the police force of today has to be polite, courteous etc. Also the judges live in Disneyland or otherwise they would be a lot tougher regarding sentencing in general yet on these two bit thugs who bash people when they're in a group but when they're alone well you know the story. :eek:

Unfortunately though, their are morons that follow most sports & will only go to games to try & prove how tough they are by starting fights or arguements which leads to fights because they think that is tough, but to me they're wannabes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a Bulldogs supporter and proud of it I agree that the thugs need to be arrested, banned and never seen at a footy game again. There is another issue here and that is the abuse heaped on Bulldogs supporters. You go to a game wearing a Bulldogs shirt and are called 'Leb Rapist' over and over again and the people yelling it out are really viscious about it. There seems to be a culture of open season on the Bulldogs as we really can't retaliate. Then the hot heads do retaliate with their fists and bingo, another media circus ensues. That's not the whole cause of the violence but is a significant factor.

This racial vilification is also against the law, needs to be dealt with as well as the idiot thugs being taken out of the stadiums.

And they were at it again yesterday as well. Hurling abuse at the Souths cheerleaders calling them whores and ********s as well as throwing bottles at them.
Disgusting behaviour.

Ideasman said:
And they were at it again yesterday as well. Hurling abuse at the Souths cheerleaders calling them whores and ********s as well as throwing bottles at them.
Disgusting behaviour.

If anything was thrown at the girls BAN THE BASTARDS As they will be identified on the Video footage... SACK ALL security as well as Cans and bottles are banned from the stadium, how did they get in with them? Each and every bag get's 'checked'... I have been to games and unfortunately the girls do get abused but suprisingly most of the time it's by young lady's and not men and nothing can be done to stop them or anyone from verbally abusing a cheerleader... but throwing something has to be stopped!

LebaneseForces said:
If anything was thrown at the girls BAN THE BASTARDS As they will be identified on the Video footage

Agreed. No room for this sort of behavior in the game if it is indeed taking place regardless of which group of supporters are involved

SACK ALL security as well as Cans and bottles are banned from the stadium

Something does need to be looked at with the security group that is used because they seem to do more harm than good and as you said such items are banned from sporting grounds and have been for decades (or at least as long as I can remember)

how did they get in with them? Each and every bag get's 'checked'

.....having said the above, there are so many tricks to getting bottles and cans past the bag checks its not funny. Even the AFL is ********weak is this area, in fact of the three matches I've been to so far this year I've only been checked once and had a large backpack and set of flagpoles each time.

I have been to games and unfortunately the girls do get abused

They are sitting ducks sadly because of what they, but they take it as well as can be expected and do their job 100% each and every time. They don't let morons ruin their enjoyment of the work.

but suprisingly most of the time it's by young lady's

You mean the ones who chuck the hissy fits when Mummy and Daddy's lies are finally exposed and they really aren't that good looking:D

nothing can be done to stop them or anyone from verbally abusing a cheerleader

As long as it isn't over the top and doesn't offend people your right, but if your abusing cheerleaders at a game your opening yourself to getting kicked out which is most likely the best option.

but throwing something has to be stopped!

Agreed

Being both a Bulldogs supporter AND Lebanese must be tough - I can imagine most other fans pigeonholing you as a common thug, and i've seen it happen, where families are too scared to sit next to a bunch of lebanese youths at dogs games because of this type of behaviour.

LebaneseForces said:
SACK ALL security as well as Cans and bottles are banned from the stadium, how did they get in with them? Each and every bag get's 'checked'... I have been to games and unfortunately the girls do get abused but suprisingly most of the time it's by young lady's and not men and nothing can be done to stop them or anyone from verbally abusing a cheerleader... but throwing something has to be stopped!
Maybe they should fence off the spectators from the playing arena all around Belmore and play all their home games out of there.

dr nick said:
Being both a Bulldogs supporter AND Lebanese must be tough - I can imagine most other fans pigeonholing you as a common thug, and i've seen it happen, where families are too scared to sit next to a bunch of lebanese youths at dogs games because of this type of behaviour.

Well most of mates are not Lebanese... I was lucky, even though I did grow up in Bankstown, I went to a primary school were most of the kids weren't Lebanese, and we have all stayed friends ever since. I do have a few Lebanese friends from High School as well and I go to Canterbury games with them but I don't really have that problem because IMO you can tell a trouble maker or thug from there appearance and the way they present themselves and none of us look like thugs ( But then again the meaning looking person can be the best person)!
I know working in North Sydney most of the people here hated Lebanese people, they presumed we were all the same... But one and a half years later and I'm best mates with those same people who wouldn't give me (When I first started) the time of day and in fact I'm going Europe with two of them later this year!!!
I had people cross the road when I walked down the same road straight after September 11 (I was 16!!!!)... It's not a good feeling but all I can do is laugh it off... At the end of the day if they think like that, I reckon I'm too good to talk to them!:p

At times you just feel as if it would be best for everybody to just kick them out of the comp.

And to think they were once the family club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs Supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back