Bye bye Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know that his anger/frustration is not targeted towards players behind closed doors?

I can’t imagine Clarko giving too many free passes.
It's why I used the word openly. He very well might.

But my point remains. Losing control over opposition players and umpires makes him look silly and does jack-all for our footy team.

Clarko gets openly angry at opposition snipers. Clarko gets openly angry at crap umpiring.

Clarko does not get openly angry at NMFC players not being able to hit the simplest of targets. Clarko does not get openly angry at NMFC players with conditional efforts. Clarko does not get openly angry with NMFC players who drop their heads as soon as the opposition get on a bit of a roll. Clarko does not get openly angry at senior players who make the same fundamental mistakes every single week.

Anger is not a negative emotion. If targeted in the right places, and presented as assertiveness instead of aggression, it can clearly signal standards and behaviours you either accept or don't accept and lead to a positive outcome.

Clarko's anger is not being targeted in the right places, and it's being presented as aggression. Therefore it's useless. Whilst there's no way he should have copped a sanction this time, it was stupid and served no purpose in making us a better team. He needs to be better.
Getting angry at your own people in public is shithouse leadership. If Clarko needs to do that then he should do it behind closed doors where we never see or hear about it.

If you want people to put themselves on the line for you publicly shitting on them isn't the way to do it.

But publicly shitting on other people (ie not the people you coach or members of your footy club) when they hurt your people or act against them, and suffering for it, will make your people more inclined to put themselves on the line for you even if you get annoyed at them in private. Because you've put yourself on the line for them in public.

Getting angry at your own people in public is shithouse leadership. If Clarko needs to do that then he should do it behind closed doors where we never see or hear about it.

If you want people to put themselves on the line for you publicly shitting on them isn't the way to do it.

But publicly shitting on other people (ie not the people you coach or members of your footy club) when they hurt your people or act against them, and suffering for it, will make your people more inclined to put themselves on the line for you even if you get annoyed at them in private. Because you've put yourself on the line for them in public.

Publicly shitting on people is never OK no matter who it's directed at. I'm not talking about that or expecting that. Expressing exasperation, disappointment and frustration is fine. The coach whose team is currently on 1.5 games on top with a % of 150 does it all the time. But publicly he backs his men to the hilt. A few weeks back Mitchell laid it out clearly for his team at 1/4 time and they haven't played poorly since.

Again, the point is that teeing off at umpires and opposition players in they way that Clarko has is a waste of energy. How has the team gone at putting themselves on the line since he called Jimmy Webster a coksucker?

Why is everyone getting so personal with Rossco. It’s his thread. Don’t come in here if you don’t like what he has to say.
Perhaps because by his own admission it is a troll set up to attract negative reaction?

The “Bye Bye Clarkson” thread that I created 6 weeks ago has had Over 1K of replies / comments …
My first thread in taking the Pi55 & sucking in a few absolute bottom feeders who really showed their true dumb * IQ … priceless.
My job is done. 👋 👍

So I mean if you set up a thread to make people react then you probably can't complain when people react.

The thing about wrestling pigs though is that when you do so you both wind up covered in sh*t but the pig likes it.

For the record we are not sacking clarko but 0/11 and trending down. 2 x instances of poor language in public. Clarko’s only saving grace is he won 4 flags 10 years ago otherwise this thread would be on part 3 by now.
I legitimately think that there is an under appreciation of how all in on Clarko we actually are. In this slow moving nightmare of a rebuild to get Clarkson we pushed all of our chips into the middle. All of them. What we are seeing now is the pain of getting through the hand we dealt ourselves through years of mismanagement.

We couldn't sack the man even if we wanted to. The alternative to having him right now would be to not have him, to lose all of the people he brought with him including Viney. All the while continuing to pay these people for the terms of the contracts we signed them to.

If people think that things are bad now try and imagine a world where we are paying probably a quarter of the soft cap to coaches we don't have while trying to get other coaches in to fix where the most credentialed AFL coach in the game currently had failed.

I hand on heart believe this would create an existential threat to the club.

In fact I will go a touch further and say the one of the only reasons we do not currently have AFL appointed board members or members of the FD is because we have Clarko and Viney.

Publicly shitting on people is never OK no matter who it's directed at. I'm not talking about that or expecting that. Expressing exasperation, disappointment and frustration is fine. The coach whose team is currently on 1.5 games on top with a % of 150 does it all the time. But publicly he backs his men to the hilt. A few weeks back Mitchell laid it out clearly for his team at 1/4 time and they haven't played poorly since.

Again, the point is that teeing off at umpires and opposition players in they way that Clarko has is a waste of energy. How has the team gone at putting themselves on the line since he called Jimmy Webster a coksucker?
Personally I have no issue with letting a couple of expletives fly in the heat of the moment.

And I definitely have no issue with getting stuck into the St Kilda **** sucker who forced our captain from the ground with a potentially career ending concussion. I have a feeling that would have meant the world to our players.

Footy is a passionate game and I’d rather a passionate Clarko than some boring automaton who belittles the shinboner spirit and eschews flying the flag for team mates.

Last edited:

I think the players who'll be there for the long haul have been prepared to get smashed and front up again and again since. When you hear players talk about the good vibe among the group that is part of it.

Our side is alot younger than Hawthorns, especially on game days. The older guys can wear those sprays and provide support to "younger" guys like Scrimshaw when he copped it. We don't have any of that. Also hawthorn were down by four goals when they copped that spry. They lost by 14 goals in that game.

What's happened since isn't a result of the spray but what they've done out of the public eye in the weeks after it.

Why is everyone getting so personal with Rossco. It’s his thread. Don’t come in here if you don’t like what he has to say. For the record we are not sacking clarko but 0/11 and trending down. 2 x instances of poor language in public. Clarko’s only saving grace is he won 4 flags 10 years ago otherwise this thread would be on part 3 by now.

what are you, his mum?

Clarko set for a holiday / time off again … (2 years in a row) this abuse to umpires is heavily frowned upon by the AFL.
Especially with the declining numbers in local footy wanting to take this job on . They (AFL) will use Clarko as an example 100% especially with his record & everyone going up in arms a few months ago for the Gay homophobic comments to Webster & Clarko getting off lightly.
I’m expecting him to cop min 2 weeks holiday now .
Might be a good opportunity for someone to step up (hopefully not Patch) & see what he can change.
The team is definitely stale at present…

Are you trying to be the coaches equivalent of Nostrils?

Believe it or not we have improved our skills. In the first five games nearly every one was 70+ turnovers, in the last 5 its around 60 or under (except against the Gold Coast in Darwin where both side had 80+ and the conditions were appalling.)
"why are you celebrating?"

Why is everyone getting so personal with Rossco. It’s his thread. Don’t come in here if you don’t like what he has to say. For the record we are not sacking clarko but 0/11 and trending down. 2 x instances of poor language in public. Clarko’s only saving grace is he won 4 flags 10 years ago otherwise this thread would be on part 3 by now.
IMG_4610.gif

Perhaps because by his own admission it is a troll set up to attract negative reaction?

So I mean if you set up a thread to make people react then you probably can't complain when people react.

The thing about wrestling pigs though is that when you do so you both wind up covered in sh*t but the pig likes it.

I legitimately think that there is an under appreciation of how all in on Clarko we actually are. In this slow moving nightmare of a rebuild to get Clarkson we pushed all of our chips into the middle. All of them. What we are seeing now is the pain of getting through the hand we dealt ourselves through years of mismanagement.

We couldn't sack the man even if we wanted to. The alternative to having him right now would be to not have him, to lose all of the people he brought with him including Viney. All the while continuing to pay these people for the terms of the contracts we signed them to.

If people think that things are bad now try and imagine a world where we are paying probably a quarter of the soft cap to coaches we don't have while trying to get other coaches in to fix where the most credentialed AFL coach in the game currently had failed.

In fact I will go a touch further and say the one of the only reasons we do not currently have AFL appointed board members or members of the FD is because we have Clarko and Viney.

The most exceptional post I’ve read in a long time. Agree with all of it.

(You had me at the wrestling of pigs analogy but tbh it got even better from there).

It's not his thread - it's a thread on a public forum.

If he posts shit publicly he should expect to be called out for it.

His? Who even is he? It’s Saintly up to the old party tricks 10 years on.

I am just on the look out for Snake Baker to come back as Roy Ramsay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep everything you have stated I agree with and have said similar on this thread before. However it will be interesting to see how posters views change in this thread as the losses keep mounting and the players become more and more demoralised. What might have started as a troll might end up being a referendum on Clarko when we finish the year 0/23

Yep everything you have stated I agree with and have said similar on this thread before. However it will be interesting to see how posters views change in this thread as the losses keep mounting and the players become more and more demoralised. What might have started as a troll might end up being a referendum on Clarko when we finish the year 0/23

If my maths is right:

it will be 1 win in a total of 43 games (when or if we don’t win another game this year)

Pitchforks would come and questions would be asked and rightly so

Last edited:
Contrary to some posters belief . I hope nothing more for us to start winning asap with Clarko or without.
But one thing will be certain… if we get to 0-15 , 0-16 & God help us 0-23 …
This thread will be going ape shit. Because I’m sure there are a few NMFC members / supporters out there that are beginning to sway on whether Clarko is the right man to lead us out of this shit hole or are already agreeing with me but are afraid of the flack they might cop from “I believe in Clarko “ supporters.

Contrary to some posters belief . I hope nothing more for us to start winning asap with Clarko or without.
But one thing will be certain… if we get to 0-15 , 0-16 & God help us 0-23 …
This thread will be going ape shit. Because I’m sure there are a few NMFC members / supporters out there that are beginning to sway on whether Clarko is the right man to lead us out of this shit hole or are already agreeing with me but are afraid of the flack they might cop from “I believe in Clarko “ supporters.

I’m with you Ross. We would all love to see Clarko be a successful coach for us - he still may well be. But whether you believe the list is crap or not, Clarko is not getting the best out of the playing group - nowhere near it. I hope it turns, but blind faith and an unwillingness to question that Clarko has some accountability for this shit show would suggest a subjective evaluation of where we are at.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have ZERO doubt, especially after the Geelong game where Luke mcdonald was interviewed, no one at the club is happy atm. But the LEADERS know lip service means nothing.

It's why clarko "knows where we are it" and no he does not accept it but what's the point of publicly piling on.

It's also why we haven't heard from any board member or executive at the club this year. Because they are completely furious at the on field results, and again a letter from Sonja or spray from clarko does nothing except highlight next week that the team didn't respond.

I’m with you Ross. We would all love to see Clarko be a successful coach for us - he still may well be. But whether you believe the list is crap or not, Clarko is not getting the best out of the playing group - nowhere near it. I hope it turns, but blind faith and an unwillingness to question that Clarko has some accountability for this shit show would suggest a subjective evaluation of where we are at.

I keep hearing this blind faith crap. I dont think i have heard one poster on hear say he has blind faith in him like myself i just think we have a bit more patience than some on here and can see some light at the end of the tunnel. I will wait and see where we are at in 20-26 before i judge him as a success or not.

Very well said 👍

I have ZERO doubt, especially after the Geelong game where Luke mcdonald was interviewed, no one at the club is happy atm. But the LEADERS know lip service means nothing.

It's why clarko "knows where we are it" and no he does not accept it but what's the point of publicly piling on.

It's also why we haven't heard from any board member or executive at the club this year. Because they are completely furious at the on field results, and again a letter from Sonja or spray from clarko does nothing except highlight next week that the team didn't respond.
Sensible thread that way >>>>>>>>

How could anyone be genuinely ‘gutted’ over a ‘second’ team….
This. Is a second team really a team you support closely?

I have a soft spot for Adelaide, but that doesn't necessarily mean I support them as such.

I hate all opposition teams .
I can’t understand when people say “ oh , they are my second team “
Duck off !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back