Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
Time for a thread I think.
I got hammered last year so want to gain spots through the bye this year.

Currently have the following players in each bye round.
12 - 7
13 - 11
14 - 12

But by bringing in Port players after their bye and a couple of lead up trades I plan to hit the bye with the current structure
12 - 7
13 - 10
14 - 11

After rd 12 players like Macrae, Yeo and E. Curnow will be my targets.
After rd13 i will target Adams, Treloar and Hurley

Mind you I'll have one less playing as everyone else will as no4th ruck.
Thoughts?

Currently running 5/12/13 post trades this week.
Looking to hold JOM till after his bye now and pick up Gray/Rocky after theirs.
3 trades during bye rounds will be most helpful this year.

Last edited:
Zero bye planning and I'm currently at
9/9/12 which is pretty good.
(Helps only really playing for mates league and no matchups over the bye weeks, thus making the byes a dream)

My main issue is I have is 6 starting mids having the same bye I think so score may take a hit relying on defenders & forwards to be in my best 18. (actually on second thought, it probably doesn't matter when Mitchell can throw out a 58, Dusty a 48, & Zerret similar)

Providing O' Mac stays in the side I have available ruck each week.

Thread would be an ideal place to drop some tips for those unsure of what happens during bye week.

-Best thing is 3 trades, use it to bring in players coming off a bye.
-Only your top 18 scorers on field count.
Ideally you want as many playing as possible so the lower scores drop off, but you will not score more having 22 players score 100 than you will with 18 X 100.

-If your captain goes off injured for a score of 30x2=60 and his doubled score is outside your best 18 players, his Score will still count, replacing the score of the 18th highest score in your selected Team. If your Captain doesn't play, and your Vice Captain does, you get his double points regardless of his score even if he is not in your top 18 Players, replacing the the score of the 18th highest score in your selected Team.

Last edited:

-If your captain goes off injured for a score of 30x2=60 and his doubled score is not in your top 18, then your captain's score will not form part of your weekly score.

Pretty sure this is not correct and your captain's score will count regardless.

I've just realised how ****ed I am - I only have 4 with the bye in round 12 which means 13 & 14 are looking shite if I don't sort my shit out. Was going to trade Waterman this week but thinking I may have to keep him now due to his round 12 bye. Thank god there is 3 trades a week over the by periods. Rocky and Gray are probably going to be huge trade in targets for anyone serious about DT over the coming weeks. Although Rocky still stresses me out a metric **** ton just thinking about getting him in

I've just realised how ****** I am - I only have 4 with the bye in round 12 which means 13 & 14 are looking shite if I don't sort my shit out. Was going to trade Waterman this week but thinking I may have to keep him now due to his round 12 bye. Thank god there is 3 trades a week over the by periods. Rocky and Gray are probably going to be huge trade in targets for anyone serious about DT over the coming weeks. Although Rocky still stresses me out a metric **** ton just thinking about getting him in

Easily fixable in the coming weeks. Cash generation might be key around this time.... Means you can pick who you like, not just any old player playing this week...

currently 0/5/12/13 looking at Ryder and Rocky in after rnd 10. Targetting Yeo and Simpson over the next 2 weeks, then Cripps. Should be looking like 8/10/10 while also trying to get as many playing rooks as possible. Gonna be tight, got $250k banked so 1 up 1 down for the next 3 weeks then 2 down and 1 up for the following 3 weeks, should leave me full premo by rnd 13. Of course the way I've been screwed by injuries this year ( being my 1st in any format ) will probably see those plans go ar#e up:$

Easily fixable in the coming weeks. Cash generation might be key around this time.... Means you can pick who you like, not just any old player playing this week...
Gray/Rocky obvious trade targets but that's about it from the round 10 bye teams.

Round 12 opens it up a little more but even then there aren't a whole lot of options. Hoping someone like Simpson bottoms out around then but could be wishful thinking with his ability to go big

Aiming for 2 players from each of the bye rounds in DEF and FWD. in the MIDS 2 from rnd 12, 3 from rnd 13 and 3 from rnd 14. With 3 trades from each of those rounds I can adjust the Mids with a bit of DPP and judicious trading of rooks means I can field 22 players for each of the byes, well that's the plan:rolleyes:

Quick question......is there a change of DPP status after round 12? Reckon that'll have a bearing on who to bring in and when. Looking at Danger and Dusty.

Last edited:
Gray/Rocky obvious trade targets but that's about it from the round 10 bye teams.

Round 12 opens it up a little more but even then there aren't a whole lot of options. Hoping someone like Simpson bottoms out around then but could be wishful thinking with his ability to go big

Three primary targets for me in the coming weeks are Sicily, Gray and Coniglio. Need about 640k to get them all, have 370k at the minute. Just working how to get it now..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm currently 1/3/12/14... If I trade Mills > Sicily and Crowden > Rockliff that gets me to 2/4/12/12
Then next week barring injuries and selections Finlayson > Cumming and Doedee > Yeo 2/5/12/11
Then the week after I'll get Westhoff or Gray into the forward line which will be 5/11/11 or 5/12/10
Then it's the first major bye, so I'll probably fix rookies/injuries with the 3 trades that week.
So fingers crossed I'll go into round 12 with 25 players, round 13 with about 19-21, and round 14 with 20-22

My current system is 4, 6, 8 & 12
10 - Fwd 1, Ruc 1, Mid 2, Def 0
12 - Fwd 2, Ruc 1, Mid 3, Def 0
13 - Fwd 3, Ruc 1, Mid 2, Def 2
14 - Fwd 2, Ruc 1, Mid 3, Def 6

I think keeping three rookies during rd11 will help me (if they actually play through rd12-14 that is). I also have Polec, im tossing up whether to keep or sideways trade him next week. His 101 average against my M9 (Banfields) 61 average would definitely be made up through the byes!

Thoughts???

Last edited:
Quick question......is there a change of DPP status after round 12? Reckon that'll have a bearing on who to bring in and when. Looking at Danger and Dusty.
I am wondering this as well. Unfortunately I have those spuds in my midfield, and Parker, so I don't want to upgrade my forward line only for DPP status to make me have 9 premium forwards :drunk:

I think keeping three rookies during rd11 will help me (if they actually play through rd12-14 that is). I also have Polec, im tossing up whether to keep or sideways trade him next week. His 101 average against my M9 (Banfields) 61 average would definitely be made up through the byes!

Thoughts???
40 points for a whole trade seems like a waste. Surely you can put that trade to better use

My current system is 4, 6, 8 & 12
10 - Fwd 1, Ruc 1, Mid 2, Def 0
12 - Fwd 2, Ruc 1, Mid 3, Def 0
13 - Fwd 3, Ruc 1, Mid 2, Def 2
14 - Fwd 2, Ruc 1, Mid 3, Def 6

Thoughts???
Those 4 in rnd 10 will have to be benched and rookies on field for cover plus all 22 scores count. Would it be worthwhile to upgrade Banfield and bench Polec for rnd 10? Gives excellent cover for the other byes plus saves you a sideways trade. 6 Def in rnd 14 needs a look at too, maybe a couple of upgrades and DPP would provide a bit of cover.

Hmm currently 1/3/12/14... If I trade Mills > Sicily and Crowden > Rockliff that gets me to 2/4/12/12
Then next week barring injuries and selections Finlayson > Cumming and Doedee > Yeo 2/5/12/11
Then the week after I'll get Westhoff or Gray into the forward line which will be 5/11/11 or 5/12/10
Then it's the first major bye, so I'll probably fix rookies/injuries with the 3 trades that week.
So fingers crossed I'll go into round 12 with 25 players, round 13 with about 19-21, and round 14 with 20-22

The eternal optimist

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Those 4 in rnd 10 will have to be benched and rookies on field for cover plus all 22 scores count. Would it be worthwhile to upgrade Banfield and bench Polec for rnd 10? Gives excellent cover for the other byes plus saves you a sideways trade. 6 Def in rnd 14 needs a look at too, maybe a couple of upgrades and DPP would provide a bit of cover.

Three of the four are bench rookies, so covering them over rd10 wont be an issue. Trading Banfield is certainly an option as I really want to keep Polec. My main problem is not having any DPP in my mids, so that will be my priority this and next week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bye planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back