Byron Schammer V Daniel Harris

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Two very contrasting game styles, but both are good midfielders.

Harris loves doing the hard stuff, and his tough-as-nails attitude on the footy gives him a strong physical presence. He is the one getting to the bottom of packs and firing out handballs to his teammates. He is your typical crash and bash midfielder and is a terrific extractor of the sherrin. Keep in mind that Harris spends quite a bit of time on the bench.

Schammer, on the other hand, loves creating play and getting out in to wide open space, where he puts the pedal to the metal and just accelerates with sheer ease. A very exciting player with a fairly reliable disposal. He isn't as experienced as Harris, so in time you would only expect Schammer to become better.

At the moment, though, Harris takes the cake for mine. I like both players and it's hard to predict who will end up having the better career, given Harris is more experienced.

X_box_X said:
Two very contrasting game styles, but both are good midfielders.

Harris loves doing the hard stuff, and his tough-as-nails attitude on the footy gives him a strong physical presence. He is the one getting to the bottom of packs and firing out handballs to his teammates. He is your typical crash and bash midfielder and is a terrific extractor of the sherrin. Keep in mind that Harris spends quite a bit of time on the bench.

Schammer, on the other hand, loves creating play and getting out in to wide open space, where he puts the pedal to the metal and just accelerates with sheer ease. A very exciting player with a fairly reliable disposal. He isn't as experienced as Harris, so in time you would only expect Schammer to become better.

At the moment, though, Harris takes the cake for mine. I like both players and it's hard to predict who will end up having the better career, given Harris is more experienced.

Very good post ;)

Not really a fair poll is it?

Harro has had 2 more years in the system and they are fundamentally differen't footballers with opposing strengths.

But yes, Harris playing well = North wins so Harris for me.

NorthBhoy said:
Not really a fair poll is it?

Harro has had 2 more years in the system and they are fundamentally differen't footballers with opposing strengths.

But yes, Harris playing well = North wins so Harris for me.
Why isnt it a fair poll? If anything people would be biased towards harris as people dont watch many fremantle games ;)

benno87 said:
How Schammer is winning this is beyond me.

Connolly would take the even trade in a second.
No need to be biased ;)

pinkus maximus said:
No he wouldnt. We have enough slow inside midfielders thankyou
But you do not have enough players capable of winning an immense amount of clearances of either ruckman and giving your quality onballers first use of the football.

benno87 said:
But you do not have enough players capable of winning an immense amount of clearances of either ruckman and giving your quality onballers first use of the football.
I think freo would still rather Schammer ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dubya Smith said:
Not one Kangaroos player would get a game for the Dockers
Surely 3 or 4 would :p

windyhill said:
Been on the Harro bandwagon from day one....
Interesting point is a lot of Essendon guys I talk to really rate Daniel Harris' game and have a lot of positive things to say about him. Not to sure what the trend is there but just something i've picked up.

benno87 said:
Interesting point is a lot of Essendon guys I talk to really rate Daniel Harris' game and have a lot of positive things to say about him. Not to sure what the trend is there but just something i've picked up.
Why is that I wonder :confused:

Lay down misere. Harris.

Harris & Mitchell would be the only fair comparison - play a similiar game, although I rate Harris higher as he's more damaging & has that X factor (vision in traffic). Last week versus Port Adelaide - in a heavy contest, and by hand finds Troy Makepeace running full tilt to win the game.

Stats are misleading. If Harris played full game time - he'd be leading clearances & possibly stats in the comp (which he did last year, on a per minute basis).

Harris...is the nearest thing we've seen to a clone of Greg Williams. Big call....but North watchers will most likely agree.

Lidge said:
Lay down misere. Harris.

Harris & Mitchell would be the only fair comparison - play a similiar game, although I rate Harris higher as he's more damaging & has that X factor (vision in traffic). Last week versus Port Adelaide - in a heavy contest, and by hand finds Troy Makepeace running full tilt to win the game.

Stats are misleading. If Harris played full game time - he'd be leading clearances & possibly stats in the comp (which he did last year, on a per minute basis).

Harris...is the nearest thing we've seen to a clone of Greg Williams. Big call....but North watchers will most likely agree.

You haven't seen Mitchell enough...he's easily a superior footballer - and Mick Malthouse actually used your Greg Williams comparison to compare with Sammy earlier in the year.

There's a reason Sam's called the 'Blond Diesel' and 'The Extractor' - he's the best there is, and your mob seriously overrate Harris.

Oh, and since Mitchell's injury five weeks ago, it's Hodge, not Harris who's lead the league in clearances.

Is this one of the closest polls EVER?

apollo_creed said:
Fitness twithead. Not 100%. Simple enough for ya ********?

So he's been injury prone his entire career?

Or perhaps he's never been any more than a handy impact player.

On output it's hard to see how Roos supporters continually argue otherwise.

Hodge_is_God said:
So he's been injury prone his entire career?

Or perhaps he's never been any more than a handy impact player.

On output it's hard to see how Roos supporters continually argue otherwise.
Its funny because he averages more clearances per minutes on ground than Mitchell in the last 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back