Byron Schammer

Remove this Banner Ad

Schammer has been training very very well. Super fit and has had an injury free preseason for the first time in agggges.

GJ, why do you think he is the only one who can move into Bell's midfield role? What qualities do you think he has that could back up your assertion that he can actually do the job?

His ability to perform in big games is what sets Schammer apart from other young midfielders on our list. The higher the intensity of a match the better Schammer plays. The case in point is the finals series in 06. He had a pretty ordinary season missing alot of targets and gathering most of his possessions in the back half - but when things heated up he actually became one of our most important players getting alot of attacking possessions.

I think thats what sets him apart - he thrives in the pressure cooker atmosphere. That is a Bell like characteristic.

Nice. Like when we beat Brisbane a few years back and he kicked the winning goal after his man Aker had put the Lions in front.

I just think Schammer looks like abit of a Butthead. And besides, "Butthead Schammer" has a real ring to it.

GJ i agree with your Bell comparision 100%.. but dont like the Butthead call! :eek:

My favourite nickname for our second favourite South Australian is "Shim Sham".. whatdayarekon?

I also think he is an efficient, well oiled German machine... for the record.

He's in damn good shape! He looks to have REALLY bulked up for a guy his size.
After losing all that weight with the appendicitis, I guess the only way was up (gratuitous Yazz reference).

While on the subject of shocking songs (note the sparkling segueway), my personal favourite nick for Schammer is:

Stop.

Schammertime.

Aw look, GJ ALMOST went a whole post without saying something negative, but he had to slip in a crack about Bell being in 'semi-retirement.' :p

I think Byron's a funny name by itself. Like when he good a screamer on someone's head once:

"BYYYYRON!!!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Byron's a funny name by itself.

Apparently my parents were going to call me Byron until my Grandpa told them there was a monk named Byron somewhere sometime who went insane and killed all the other monks in the monastery.

I haven't killed anyone yet so maybe the name change worked.

So Ting Tong is suggesting Shim Sham. At least you're keeping things simple.

i'm reading that now and thinking that i am a bit one dimensional! :eek:

** in grandpa simpson voice** Shim Sham actually comes from a dennis the freo hating commentator call of - "a shimmy from shammer" which, despite that person being the biggest knob in the known universe, was a great call.

having said all that... i love Sled!!!!! :) just rolls off the tongue that one, you can even sorta sing it..

You are kidding to suggest Byron will grab the Brownlow.
Do you know how hard it is for a player in a team that finishes outside the top 8 to pick up the browlow?

penishead-copy.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Byron Schammer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back