News Cam McCarthy to the Pies?

Remove this Banner Ad

If he was to come on a base salary with an uplift for each game played, then maybe. But unfortunately (or fortunately perhaps?), he would never agree to that.

Hard no from me.

To be honest, he's not even what we need. He's a short kpp / third tall type. We have those already. We need a proper key position forward.

Mentally suspect
same position as checkers
No to him
No to brown
No to wright
Need a strong overhead prescece to act as a foil for mason
Or a nifty goal sneak like mosquito or Sextonnot a big guy who can't mark overhead

Spread the defenders

Reid
Cameron

No

He is not someone I have closely followed since he left GWS. I recall thinking when he was drafted that GWS were being greedy drafting 4 key forwards in just a couple of years, but at 192 cm he lacked height as a key forward, and at 25 has surely already shown the football world what he has to offer as a player. His recent diagnosis of epilepsy is I gather what has prevented him from playing more than one game this season.It's a shame for the player but ill health is not something we would want to recruit into the club.

Are there any players contracted for next season that you'd like to offload to Freo for a salary cap dump in exchange for McCarthy/pick #1000?

Jesse Hogan mkII. He's better than the original. Looks the same but only cost $500 a year. Only one limitation, the two Jesses cant play in the same game - but that shouldnt be a problem

Are there any players contracted for next season that you'd like to offload to Freo for a salary cap dump in exchange for McCarthy/pick #1000?
MASON COX TAKE HIM TAKE HIM DO IT

Never really been a fan, I think we can do better.

Not sure why he can't get a game at Freo but says enough for me.

Has anyone from Collingwood even remotely suggested we're interested?

Beams Mk II?

must be all we can afford. Whilst essendon and GWS are tossing up between daniher, Cameron and Ben brown...
& if he can’t get along with Longmuir, would be interesting to see him try to click with our coach and development team.

Price to Bring Him in be Miles Less then Beams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the cheap to fill the need sure. But cheap. (FA and min wage)Still should target a kpf in the draft so could hold the spot as a stop gap
Fwiw he didn't walk out on Freo. Was told no contract for next year and no hub so pulled pin to try and play wafl and live with no restrictions. Common sense imo from both parties.

Said this in another thread but my mate was out in Freo on Saturday with McCarthys sister, saw him at the bar and spoke to him, seems that he’s very happy to play wafl, not sure there’s anything behind the reports.

If it's even remotely true that he has come out to say that he wants to go to Collingwood, then you have your answer.

A comment that direct doesn't come from nowhere. There must be interest.

Said this in another thread but my mate was out in Freo on Saturday with McCarthys sister, saw him at the bar and spoke to him, seems that he’s very happy to play wafl, not sure there’s anything behind the reports.
He apparently jumped on a local footy show and spoke up his desire to come to the pies - who knows where the truth lies.
Just saw the thread on Nicks and - after giving full credit to the original poster - relayed the information here.

He was diagnosed with epilepsy earlier this year.

There will be plenty of THis iS JuSt LiKE BEamS!1! being passed around between bongs, but the situations are very different. Cam McCarthy is a DFA, will cost nothing in draft capital and is only 25yo playing a position we need.

With his skillset, if we did our due diligence by talking to Cam and to Longmuir, and he was willing to put the work in over the offseason, we were happy his epilepsy was appropriately managed... I’d be all for getting him across on a club-friendly contract.

There will be plenty of THis iS JuSt LiKE BEamS!1! being passed around between bongs, but the situations are very different. Cam McCarthy is a DFA, will cost nothing in draft capital and is only 25yo playing a position we need.

With his skillset, if we did our due diligence by talking to Cam and to Longmuir, and he was willing to put the work in over the offseason, we were happy his epilepsy was appropriately managed... I’d be all for getting him across on a club-friendly contract.

Club friendly. Thats not how we do it at the pies. Usually double their salary and years.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Cam McCarthy to the Pies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back