Cameron Thurley

Remove this Banner Ad

catluke

Debutant
Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
Other Teams
geelong
Cameron Thurley Wat r Your thoughts? He looks like a gun player who could boost our forward up a bit. He has accurate kick and is pretty quick aswell.

CATLUKE

CARN THE CATS

He is anything but quick.

Is very opportunistic and is money in front of goal. Whether that is enough to stay in such a strong team is yet to be seen.

I agree WE have a strong team now with Harley and corey to come back aswell as Sanderson and Paul Koularoutis, And Tenace Thurley and Longergan playing well who could we take out.

Koula was solid late last year, but has been usurped this year even with Moloney leaving.

The majority of our existing midfield have improved (Corey, Bartel, Kelly), whilst borderline selections of last year (Enright, Byrnes) have taken their chance and really made the most of it.

Koula has gone to the back of the queue and will only get a run should the midfield be decimated by injury.

catluke said:
Cameron Thurley Wat r Your thoughts? He looks like a gun player who could boost our forward up a bit. He has accurate kick and is pretty quick aswell.

CATLUKE

CARN THE CATS
Definately not a gun. Opportunist who is a superb set shot on goal. Handy bit part player at the moment.

If I was he, id be looking up the sprint coach that helped out Bluey McGrath at the end of his time. He has shown everyone what he does well but he also has shown that he lacks a yard to give himself the time to use his talent on the run.If he can show another aspect of his game he could have a chance in our best 22.He must try to use Chapman as a benchmark. Tackle, snarl, get some hard ball when asked to, get in be creative like GAJ use handball occasionally to bring other into it, do something other than just kick well.
Or he will never be more than a gap filler. A gap filler with a very good finish but a gap filler

I know it was only one passage of play, but I remember in the first quarter yesterday, he was at the bottom of the pack, fed out a very quick handball on the fifty, which resulted in a goal.

He did do a few things on the weekend, which I was impressed with, but keeping his position in the side will be a hard task.

I wonder if anyone knows what is the most goals that has been kicked by a player without missing?

Great 100% record in front of goal, would be interesting to know the record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has very good hands, as donkster mentioned. There was a passage of play on the Eastern Stand side where he cleanly picked up the footy down low on a half volley and fired off an effective handpass in the one motion.

He's only played 3 games remember. There is a stack of things for him to learn and improve on but he's doing OK at the moment and deserves to keep his spot.

Early days so its hard to tell

He looks more like a back flanker, but looks a good kick as well.

May be too slow for the centreline.

Need to see more of him to decide

Catman said:
He has very good hands, as donkster mentioned. There was a passage of play on the Eastern Stand side where he cleanly picked up the footy down low on a half volley and fired off an effective handpass in the one motion.

May be the same one I was referring to, I've seen it replayed about 3 times just tonight, as it was the Archer incident.

Hes decent for depth, if we get some injuries in the midfield we simply push Gazza or Chappy in there and Thurley goes forward and could end up with 4 kicks for 4 goals. I agree with most, at the present time in his career he wouldnt be in our best 22, but that could certianly change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron Thurley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back