Captaincy 2020 -

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a draft post from this morning, no need to add to it now but essentially I felt this would happen as JJ was our representative as a recent captains day. Could easily read into it too much, but don’t think there was much stopping Wood from being there.

Wood will still be a leader on the field anyway, happy he can just focus more on his own game again now & hopefully get back to his best again.

Had a draft post from this morning, no need to add to it now but essentially I felt this would happen as JJ was our representative as a recent captains day. Could easily read into it too much, but don’t think there was much stopping Wood from being there.

Wood will still be a leader on the field anyway, happy he can just focus more on his own game again now & hopefully get back to his best again.
The captain's day that JJ attended was held prior to the 2019 season, unless there's been another one held since..

Easton stood aside, Bont steps up. Well done to both. Easton has set the standard and Bont seems ready to raise the bar even more. Lachie is an interesting choice as VC from outside the four walls, but his promotion will hopefully see his game improve even more.

No surprise Dunks was added to the leadership group, what a group we have!

It had to happen. I love Woody but his form trajectory is clear for all to see;

2015: 17 disposals 7 marks
2016: 16 disposals 6 marks
2017: 14 disposals 5 marks
2018: 13 disposals 5 marks
2019: 11 disposals 4 marks

I'm guessing Bevo is hoping to reverse that trajectory by having Woody focus more on his footy. He probably also wants Woody around to guide Bont through the role, rather than only handing the captaincy over after he retires.

Absolutely love it! Nothing against Wood but more just how perfect Bont is for this role. Like some have said, it's like he was born for this. We are in good hands

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit worried that Macrae isnt in the leadership group.

I'm not sure what the issue is internally, but he does not get the recognition he richly deserves.

just because he’s a good player does not make him a good leader. Never striked me as a vocal type either

The torch has been passed...

It is right and just...

Thanks to Easton. Congratulations to Marcus.

All is right with the world.:bulldogs:

I'm not sure what the issue is internally, but he does not get the recognition he richly deserves.

not everyone is born to be a leader

He'll be asked to step up his leadership duties on field though.

just be happy we have Jack Macrae on our list

Honestly, Bontempelli was ready to be captain in 2018 after Murphy retired but it was the right call to give the premiership captain the job at that time.

Think the timing is right now. Just like Coniglio taking over from Davis and Ward, it doesn't mean that Wood didn't do a great job and wouldn't have continued doing a good job but Bontempelli is overqualified in the VC role and is ready to make this his team. Think he'll take his game to the next level with the extra responsibility and hopefully the team will go to the next level.

Congratulations to Wood on the job that he did as skipper and good luck for the future to Captain Bont.

Lachie is an interesting choice as VC from outside the four walls, but his promotion will hopefully see his game improve even more.

Lachie barks orders non stop on game day, makes perfect sense imo.

Macrae seems like the unusual omission from the leadership group but maybe that was his call - very quiet, reserved type.

Hes very reserved and quiet off the feild so makes sense that he isn't in the leadership group

Remove this Banner Ad

Captaincy 2020 -

Remove this Banner Ad

Back