Carey or Ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett kicked at 64 per cent after he was moved to full forward, by the way.

Wayne Carey kicked at 61 per cent for his career.

So even the f**ktard over-repeated statement that ‘as a full forward his accuracy sucked’ when trying to make a comparison to Wayne Carey and claiming that Carey was a more accurate goalkicker than full-forward Gary Ablett is not even accurate. Even when you’re trying to put effort into your research, you DONT research.

You just pluck numbers out of the air.

lol. So the forward getting to a position to receive the ball doesn’t count. Right.

At the end of each game, the scorers, and league officials get together, and they deduct all points scored, that DIDNT come from forwards getting the ball in a contested scenario, and they say ‘those points don’t count, now let’s see who won the game.’

Thank you for clearing that up.

I’m also very curious to know what they do about goals that were scored relative to behinds kicked.

Do the match officials remove goals scored because the kicker also kicked some behinds?

So if someone kicked 4.5 does their tally then just get nullified to being 0.1 for the match?

And lastly, just for my personal interest to be satisfied.

On a statistical database, is there somewhere I can find how much oxygen you were deprived of in your infancy?

I think you are getting confused factor 1 includes both uncontested and contested possessions/marks. Everything you just mentioned.

Yep just keep going nasty, even my infancy isn’t safe from your venom anymore, you must be a real peach at parties. Wow.

I call Bull on factor 3. You are implying that no forward players create forward entries which is a load of bulldust. plus on 1 sometimes the forward doesn't win the ball but by a stroke of luck the ball comes off his foot and goes through for a goal. If you need an example of this have a look at Thursday nights game. You have 2 out of 3 wrong. Keep up the good work you are keeping us amused.

Wtf are you on mate?

I would’ve thought you guys who make excuses for GAS poor 94 and 95 GFs would agree with factor 3 but ok. Looks like he is a dogshit finals player after all.

So even the f**ktard over-repeated statement that ‘as a full forward his accuracy sucked’ when trying to make a comparison to Wayne Carey and claiming that Carey was a more accurate goalkicker than full-forward Gary Ablett is not even accurate. Even when you’re trying to put effort into your research, you DONT research.

If you actually read the discussion it’s easier to convert when you move to FF as opposed to CHF. So only having a 3% more conversion rate than Carey at FF is quite appalling.

I think you are getting confused factor 1 includes both uncontested and contested possessions/marks. Everything you just mentioned.

Yep just keep going nasty, even my infancy isn’t safe from your venom anymore, you must be a real peach at parties. Wow.

Yeah I am.

I’m funny and engaging and have a modicum of intelligence and when confronted with a logical argument I can acknowledge it and involve myself in a dialogue with the person presenting it.

These are skills you would do well to avail yourself of.

Can we just cut to the chase is GAS’s career goal accuracy of 1.49 goal/behind ratio good or not? Yes or No?

Keeping in mind it’s worse than every forward we’ve mentioned on this thread.

If you actually read the discussion it’s easier to convert when you move to FF as opposed to CHF. So only having a 3% more conversion rate than Carey at FF is quite appalling.

Is it? According to who?
You?
Is it really appalling?
Like who is appalled?
Are there people who are pouring over stat sheets who ring alarm bells when they see these things and announce government inquests into these things?

Can we just cut to the chase is GAS’s career goal accuracy of 1.49 goal/behind ratio good or not? Yes or No?

Keeping in mind it’s worse than just about every forward we’ve mentioned on this thread.

I don’t know. Who decides what is good?
You? Do you make these rules?

Why is it YOU that determines what ‘the chase’ is?

Who the f*** cares what his accuracy was when he’s draining 4 goals a game from all over the f**king field you sped 😂😂

Is it? According to who?
You?
Is it really appalling?
Like who is appalled?
Are there people who are pouring over stat sheets who ring alarm bells when they see these things and announce government inquests into these things?

You just can’t handle the simple truth can you. In your mind you thought GAS was an accurate goal kicker when statistically he was worse than Vickery. This is what happens when you use your eye test and memory, I don’t blame you for having a breakdown. Your bubble has burst, his accuracy sucked.

I don’t know. Who decides what is good?
You? Do you make these rules?

Why is it YOU that determines what ‘the chase’ is?

Who the f*** cares what his accuracy was when he’s draining 4 goals a game from all over the f**king field you sped

No no no,

No excuses, I’m not talking about the rest of his game.

Was his goal kicking accuracy good, yes or no? Do you have the spine to answer I wonder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just can’t handle the simple truth can you. In your mind you thought GAS was an accurate goal kicker when statistically he was worse than Vickery. This is what happens when you use your eye test and memory, I don’t blame you for having a breakdown. Your bubble has burst.
What truth?
No I didn’t. I thought and know that he was a pretty normally accurate kicker.
Which he is.

You make up alias after alias and keep getting banned from this forum, flood the board with your shit and are so f**king sad that you even scan it when you’re suspended and you accuse other people of ‘not being able to handle’ things.

What can’t I handle mate?

What? Tell me? What is it you think I can’t handle about a guy YOU never even watched play football, kicking a ball through at some posts?

What exactly do you think I care about his accuracy?

You are the saddest individual I have come across in maybe 15-20 years of talking to people online about sport. And that is saying something.

Who the f**k actually takes it THIS seriously?

No no no,

No excuses, I’m not talking about the rest of his game.

Was his goal kicking accuracy good, yes or no? Do you have the spine to answer I wonder

I literally do not know. Maybe it is, maybe it is not:

I have no idea. You know why? Because I literally do not care. You don’t win games because you were the more accurate team: you win them by scoring more points.

Find a table and show me and tell me how much I should care. Then get yourself suspended, and spend the week reading the forum.

I literally do not know. Maybe it is, maybe it is not:

I have no idea. You know why? Because I literally do not care. You don’t win games because you were the more accurate team: you win them by scoring more points.

Find a table and show me and tell me how much I should care. Then get yourself suspended, and spend the week reading the forum.

Is it worse than Carey, Riewoldt, Hawkins, Kennedy, Lockett and Vickery?

Is it worse than Carey, Riewoldt, Hawkins, Kennedy, Lockett and Vickery?

It’s better than Hawkins, Riewoldt, Carey, same as Kennedy, worse than Lockett, who the f**k cares about Vickery

What are you gonna do, claim that Vickery was a better player because the one shot at goal he earned every 6 months went through the f**king sticks?

How much does it cut you up that other people simply don’t care as much about this shit as you do?

What truth?
No I didn’t. I thought and know that he was a pretty normally accurate kicker.
Which he is.

You make up alias after alias and keep getting banned from this forum, flood the board with your s**t and are so f**king sad that you even scan it when you’re suspended and you accuse other people of ‘not being able to handle’ things.

What can’t I handle mate?

What? Tell me? What is it you think I can’t handle about a guy YOU never even watched play football, kicking a ball through at some posts?

What exactly do you think I care about his accuracy?

You are the saddest individual I have come across in maybe 15-20 years of talking to people online about sport. And that is saying something.

Who the f**k actually takes it THIS seriously?

From your comment, you take it seriously. I’m just stating a statistic and you can’t take it.

It’s better than Hawkins, Riewoldt, Carey, same as Kennedy, worse than Lockett, who the f**k cares about Vickery

What are you gonna do, claim that Vickery was a better player because the one shot at goal he earned every 6 months went through the f**king sticks?

How much does it cut you up that other people simply don’t care as much about this s**t as you do?

UM HOW DID YOU GET THAT!!!

It’s mathematically worse than all of them by a long way. This is going to be be good if you say eye test.

Also answer the Vickery one. I care. Yes or No? Although judging from your “who cares” responses it’s safe to assume it’s a no.

This is a good post. How many times did anyone ever see GAS handball or short pass off to a teammate in a better position ? He was the ultimate individual and selfish player. Didn’t train hard. Didn’t provide leadership. Didn’t pass. Didn’t bring others into the game. Coaches often say the very best players are those that make players around them better. Not sure GAS ever did anything on the field with the intention of helping his teammate succeed.

Doesn’t mean he wasn’t a superstar .. he was. But he was a sh*te teammate.

I'm guessing you saw very little of him. Because I can assure you all of the bolded is wrong. There's ample evidence too.

Newsflash about that era - all the star players were allowed their freedom. You didn't expect Lockett or Ablett or Carey to kill themselves looking for goal assists. Their job was to kick goals. When better opportunities presented themselves they happily took them. I can think of clear examples - easy to find online too - of Ablett finding teammates in better spots as far back as 1985 (his 2nd season at Geelong).

As for the "didn't train hard", yet another in a long line of myths. Here's the reality - he didn't do big pre-seasons before Blight arrived, but would turn up fitter and better than everyone (Greg Williams and Paul Couch both explicitly said this). After Blight arrived he did everything as required.

Keeping in mind it’s worse than every forward we’ve mentioned on this thread.

What about his ratio of fend offs to inside 50s?
Or torps to drop punts? Or bounces to loose-ball gets?

Fair dinkum you obsess over some weird stih.

UM HOW DID YOU GET THAT!!!

It’s mathematically worse than all of them by a long way. This is going to be be good if you say eye test.

Also answer the Vickery one. I care.

I already told you that as soon as Ablett in-retired and went to full forward his percentage went to 64 per cent. You add his goals and behinds together and then divide his goals kicked by his total shots on goal.
That’s how percentages work.

He kicked at 64 per cent as a full forward. The players you mentioned aside from Lockett all kicked at 64 per cent or worse. And aside from Lockett all of them did it playing in better conditions on better grounds.

That’s how I worked it out. Wipe the red from your eyes, the steam from your ears, take a deep breath, and f**k off for five minutes Falcon.

I'm guessing you saw very little of him. Because I can assure you all of the bolded is wrong. There's ample evidence too.

Newsflash about that era - all the star players were allowed their freedom. You didn't expect Lockett or Ablett or Carey to kill themselves looking for goal assists. Their job was to kick goals. When better opportunities presented themselves they happily took them. I can think of clear examples - easy to find online too - of Ablett finding teammates in better spots as far back as 1985 (his 2nd season at Geelong).

As for the "didn't train hard", yet another in a long line of myths. Here's the reality - he didn't do big pre-seasons before Blight arrived, but would turn up fitter and better than everyone (Greg Williams and Paul Couch both explicitly said this). After Blight arrived he did everything as required.

Fitter than everyone? Are you sure?….

IMG_0127.JPG

I already told you that as soon as Ablett in-retired and went to full forward his percentage went to 64 per cent. You add his goals and behinds together and then divide his goals kicked by his total shots on goal.
That’s how percentages work.

He kicked at 64 per cent as a full forward. The players you mentioned aside from Lockett all kicked at 64 per cent or worse. And aside from Lockett all of them did it playing in better conditions on better grounds.

That’s how I worked it out. Wipe the red from your eyes, the steam from your ears, take a deep breath, and f**k off for five minutes Falcon.

And what about career % which is actually what I asked for?

And the Vickery numbers?

Can’t believe you still are insisting on dodging the question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carey or Ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back