Carlton 2024 - Are they being overestimated?

Are the expectations on the 2024 Blues being overestated?

• Yes

Votes: 110 74.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 25.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If Carlton win this week, they will make the prelim at a minimum.

This will be huge for the confidence of the group.

I reckon they can do it by a couple of goals.

If we win this week, it'll hopefully be off the back of uncovering some of the blokes we've refused to play this year.

If we win both games and sneak into the 8 (which we don't deserve), we won't have any healthy players to compete anyway. The year is a write-off now.

DaFuq?
If they beat West Coast they will make a prelim at a minimum😂. Did I miss the sarcasm or something?
Just had a quick look at the list, in my calculation we'll have to bring in 3-4 players who are yet to play a senior game just to put a team on the park :oops:

So yeah we're not beating anyone in the comp this week, West Coast included. For the 2nd week in a row, mind blowing that bookies have our game as even money :drunk:

DaFuq?
If they beat West Coast they will make a prelim at a minimum😂. Did I miss the sarcasm or something?

No sarcasm at all. I genuinely think they will turn things around completely if they win this week.

Nothing to do with who they are playing this week. The injuries they have will always put them on the back foot.

No its not.

It is. Say we manage to win this week (with 11 of our best 22 out), anybody returning for next week won’t be particularly fit.

Honestly, if we pinch the last 2 games and sneak into the 8, it’s pointless. We might even have an EF win, but then comes the backslapping and we will settle for it.

Best thing big picture is to miss out, make some changes, send players in for surgery and reset a bit imo.

It is. Say we manage to win this week (with 11 of our best 22 out), anybody returning for next week won’t be particularly fit.

Honestly, if we pinch the last 2 games and sneak into the 8, it’s pointless. We might even have an EF win, but then comes the backslapping and we will settle for it.

Best thing big picture is to miss out, make some changes, send players in for surgery and reset a bit imo.
Na, you’re much better off trying to make the 8. The competition is so even at the moment, you never know, you might jag a flag. Even if you get done in an EF, the experience to the young guys is invaluable and the club will know where they are at regardless. Have faith.

Na, you’re much better off trying to make the 8. The competition is so even at the moment, you never know, you might jag a flag. Even if you get done in an EF, the experience to the young guys is invaluable and the club will know where they are at regardless. Have faith.

Never works for Essendon or any other club that sneaks into the 8 and makes up the numbers imo.

Just had a quick look at the list, in my calculation we'll have to bring in 3-4 players who are yet to play a senior game just to put a team on the park :oops:

So yeah we're not beating anyone in the comp this week, West Coast included. For the 2nd week in a row, mind blowing that bookies have our game as even money :drunk:
Adversity forges the hardest steel!

It's possible West Coast just don't turn up because they are all busy with the offseason plans already..🤷
With those injury outs it sure would be a great effort for the Blues to get up.

That thread is for just that - banter.

Any Carlton fan with half a brain know that injuries aren't an excuse for the collapse. The injuries were also clearly our own doing which is why we've moved on Andrew "best in the bizzzzzzzzzz" Russell.

Our form has been shit for more than half of the year, and plenty of those games we had a healthy 22 in.

Rubbish year, right in our window which is a bit of a disaster. Make necessary changes and try to get better next year, it's all we can do.
There are quite a few in there who take it more seriously than that "you can't see that", "well technically that isn't true" yadda yadda yadda. All in reply to people criticising a drop off in performance. It's just silly. Geelong had a bad year for injuries in 2023 but that wasn't the explanation and it wasn't the story for our poor year.

I've been bullish on the Blues and their potential all season, right until they decided to collapse rather than just have a brief period of poor form. They'll be back and one of the premiership favourites 2025-2026. Hell, maybe a backs to the wall win this weekend will spark something. But there's been bigger issues this season than a "horrendous run of injuries".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am yet to see one serious post in that thread that says that the drop off in form was due to injuries. Don't get sucked into a false narrative.
Outside of you and probably 2 others, I agree.

If "injuries don't explain Carlton's under performance, they aren't the key reason for this decline" appears in that thread, all we get is "it'S aMaZing tHat pEOplE tHiNK inJUriEs dOn'T aFFecT pErfORmaNcE!!".

Outside of you and probably 2 others, I agree.

If "injuries don't explain Carlton's under performance, they aren't the key reason for this decline" appears in that thread, all we get is "it'S aMaZing tHat pEOplE tHiNK inJUriEs dOn'T aFFecT pErfORmaNcE!!".
So where is the post I made that says injuries were the main reason for our drop off? Injuries do impact performance but they are not the main reason for our drop off and I have never said anything like that on here.

So where is the post I made that says injuries were the main reason for our drop off? Injuries do impact performance but they are not the main reason for our drop off and I have never said anything like that on here.
I'm not finding the other older thread but just from the recent pages of the new one you have Robertio and Irish Bluebagger leaning on injuries to explain away Carlton's season performance.

"I am yet to see one serious post in that thread that says that the drop off in form was due to injuries. Don't get sucked into a false narrative." - hmmmm.

You've banged the Carlton injury drum all season and I'm sure we haven't seen the "games missed" table for the last time.

I'm not finding the other older thread but just from the recent pages of the new one you have Robertio and Irish Bluebagger leaning on injuries to explain away Carlton's season performance.

"I am yet to see one serious post in that thread that says that the drop off in form was due to injuries. Don't get sucked into a false narrative." - hmmmm.

You've banged the Carlton injury drum all season and I'm sure we haven't seen the "games missed" table for the last time.
Show me these posts where they have said that injuries were the main reason for the drop off as you claimed. And no need to look at previous threads for posts from me by the way because they don't exist.

The "games missed" table was in response to a Pies fan that said they had had more injuries than Carlton. Definitely had nothing to do with it being used as an excuse for any performance or drop off in form.

People should be free to discuss whatever they want - if you find it tiresome don't partake in it. Pretty simple really. But please don't put words in my mouth - I don't think that's asking too much.

Show me these posts where they have said that injuries were the main reason for the drop off as you claimed. And no need to look at previous threads for posts from me by the way because they don't exist.

The "games missed" table was from memory in response to a Pies fan that said they had had more injuries than Carlton. Definitely had nothing to do with it being used as an excuse for any performance or drop off in form.

People should be free to discuss whatever they want - if you find it tiresome don't partake in it. Pretty simple really. But please don't put words in my mouth - I don't think it's asking too much.
I'm not finding the posts for you. They are there for all to see. If you selectively ignored them, we are dealing with something differently altogether.

I thought I'd highlight yet another of your contradictions. You're instructing someone on what to do after saying people are free to say what they like. But thank you for giving me permission to do so. I will continue to wherever I see fit.

We should be celebrating today anyway as we finally agree on something. Injuries aren't the crucial factor that have resulted in Carlton's under performance so far this season. A one way running midfield and poor defence - both at whole team level and in terms of the backline's performance - are bigger factors. Not enough support for Curnow/McKay up forward. Unimaginative ball movement, too often lacking in precision. The season now faces jeopardy because of these issues.

I'm not finding the posts for you. They are there for all to see. If you selectively ignored them, we are dealing with something differently altogether.

I thought I'd highlight yet another of your contradictions. You're instructing someone on what to do after saying people are free to say what they like. But thank you for giving me permission to do so. I will continue to wherever I see fit.
You said I was one of the posters saying that injuries were the main reason for our drop off in form. I have said no such thing so you should have those posts to show or you have just blatantly lied. I can't find posts that don't exist.

I'm not instructing you to do anything. I'm speaking generally and saying people should be able to discuss any topic they want in a public forum.

You said I was one of the posters saying that injuries were the main reason for our drop off in form. I have said no such thing so you should have those posts to show or you have just blatantly lied. I can't find posts that don't exist.

I'm not instructing you to do anything. I'm speaking generally and saying people should be able to discuss any topic they want in a public forum.
You said there wasn't one post blaming injuries in that thread. I'm not searching your thousands of posts to create a collection of injury whinges by yourself - why would I waste my time doing that?

I'm speaking generally too. Free speech wins the day. Let's continue to discuss what we want, and understand that these posts can be critiqued however people wish.

You said there wasn't one post blaming injuries in that thread. I'm not searching your thousands of posts to create a collection of injury whinges by yourself - why would I waste my time doing that?

I'm speaking generally too. Free speech wins the day. Let's continue to discuss what we want, and understand that these posts can be critiqued however people wish.
Ok mate - not going to keep going around in circles. Have a good night

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton 2024 - Are they being overestimated?

Back