Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

are we getting Butters now? how are we going to pull that off?

Magic GIF by The Paley Center for Media

I think we tell him there a bunch of AFL footballers he can whack in the guts (without getting fined) just off lygon St.

When he turns up, we bag him.

Is there somewhere where someone has actually explained the intricacies of how a trade gets done?

For example, let’s say West Coast want Owies and Carlton is happy to trade Owies to West Coast.

Why does the trade then take several days? What processes does it have to go through?

I don’t know whether someone has ever actually outlined this detail. But I would be really interested to know what happens.
Also Owies manager would be confirming the WC contract details, potentially trying to squeeze a bit more out and also ringing around to check another club isn't keen to offer more. Owies himself might need a few days to mull it over with partner/family if moving interstate etc and also wait in case of preferred destination coming through

For real. Like WTF is going on :drunk:

To prioritise Durdin and Fantasia over Owies is absolute insanity, there has to be a reason. Owies looking for a career deal and we're saying too much?
Durdin and Fantasia are both contracted and would be worth nothing at the moment. Owies does not have a contract and actually has some value. If we are looking to clear some salary I would also assume a new Owies deal would be greater than the deals Durdin and Fantasia have currently.
You can't? Really?

If Motlop ever kicks 30+ goals in a season I'll eat my hat.
Motlop kicked 24 goals in 21 games in 2023 (his second year) - I don't think the jump to 30 is that significant.

A DFA or someone currently at another club, who are you suggesting
Either a KPD, a genuine swingman... or a speedy mid.

No names in mind, certainly a few I wouldn't want....

I do like Ollie Lord (as a 3rd tall option). From Sandy...under contract till '26, but...

Don't follow the State leagues - VFL, SAFL or WAFL closely enough to know what's out there these days.

Even a likely indigenous kid/young man from NT?

Port are planning other trades which would assume Houston leaving so they're not completely ambivalent. They may bundle our F1 with other picks and other clubs to turn it into something that better suits themselves
They will need cap space for Luko and perryman and cummin. They most likely will need to off load Houston

Either a KPD, a genuine swingman... or a speedy mid.

No names in mind, certainly a few I wouldn't want....

I do like Ollie Lord (as a 3rd tall option). From Sandy...under contract till '26, but...

Don't follow the State leagues - VFL, SAFL or WAFL closely enough to know what's out there these days.

Even a likely indigenous kid/young man from NT?

We could achieve any of that without having to cut any other player, if certain players are traded out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Durdin and Fantasia are both contracted and would be worth nothing at the moment. Owies does not have a contract and actually has some value. If we are looking to clear some salary I would also assume a new Owies deal would be greater than the deals Durdin and Fantasia have currently.

Motlop kicked 24 goals in 21 games in 2023 (his second year) - I don't think the jump to 30 is that significant.

At 19 years of age during 2023, typical recency bias where our HPT completely ruined his season after looking dynamic and fit during the preseason

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes, but is OF going to help us get #17?

Very, very highly unlikely, so why not give someone else a crack....

No side has players of greater quality than young developing types, or role/break glass types

Focusing on the likes of Fantasia, really is insignificant in the scheme things

Last edited:
Enjoyed seeing that Conor Stone is undecided about staying at the Giants. Make it happen Austin

Has done something like seven hamstring's since he was drafted.

The kid has talent but please not another player we trade in with dodgy hammies; Cerra, Saad, McGovern, Martin, Williams...
I can't take it anymore! :'(

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back