Preview Carlton vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 18/04/15, 1:45 PM - Changes post #573

Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing Roby actually has nothing to do with the upcoming game, then. ;)

Now where were we? Oh yes.

The baggers are copping a fair pasting in the media today. I don't like that really. In a lot of ways, I'd preferred they'd lost but not heavily.

We are better- but if those players have any self respect, they'll be fired up.

The baggers are copping a fair pasting in the media today. I don't like that really. In a lot of ways, I'd preferred they'd lost but not heavily.

A 15-20 point win would be good, as I suspect they'd get pilloried by the coaching staff for that, so that they come our firing against the Pies.

The media helped us last week - labelling the Hawks as unbeatable, clear favourites for the flag, certain to 3peat - and playing us down as not being able to run out a game. Throw in the rivalry, and it was almost the perfect storm.

This week they label the Carlton list as the worst in the league, unlikely to win a game for the year, and certain to be a basket-case for the foreseeable future, and the Bombers are on the march.

Last edited:

The media helped us last week - labelling the Hawks as unbeatable, clear favourites for the flag, certain to 3peat - and playing us down as not being able to run out a game. Throw in the rivalry, and it was almost the perfect storm.

This week they label the Carlton list as the worst in the league, unlikely to win a game for the year, and certain to be a basket-case for the foreseeable future, and the Bombers are on the march.
I don't fear us being complacent, which is more than can be said for occasions in the past.

I guess I'm just showing the wear and tear of prolonged expectation of let downs that have been all too common, because there isn't much logical reason to be afraid or worried. Just the 'vibe'.

Theyll come out firing and their fast starts could counteract our fast starts and if we still arent 100% match fit and after 2 tough games a little sore it could be whoever can finish the best. Lets hope thats us.

I still think we have too much quality on the park however a loss here would mean nothing for last week. I hope hirdy shows a bit of what carlton have been saying about us in the last 2 years.

I can't understand why anyone would want Mick sacked, he seems to be doing the perfect job as is.

Everything about carlton right now looks stale. Old players, old gameplans, old coach. I can understand if the supporters want a completely new regime, but they shouldnt sack malthouse, just let him finish his contract and move him on at the end of the year

I don't fear us being complacent, which is more than can be said for occasions in the past.

I guess I'm just showing the wear and tear of prolonged expectation of let downs that have been all too common, because there isn't much logical reason to be afraid or worried. Just the 'vibe'.

I've not seen us put together two such disciplined performances in a row for many a year - I'm feeling confident.

You can see the influence of Bomber's focus on possession football, contested ball as well as Hird's more direct, fast ball movement. There were clearly two different game styles being played against Sydney and Hawthorn. That in of itself is a sign of a team that is well coached and drilled.

Now we've just got to see if the players can come back week after week and show the consistency, the discipline to do it against every opposition.

I can't understand why anyone would want Mick sacked, he seems to be doing the perfect job as is.
Because he's about to have coached the most games by any coach and some think that's an injustice?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think Mick is taking them in the right direction, it's just going to be a damned long process. Whether the power brokers and fan base can withstand that is the question.

I actually think Mick is taking them in the right direction, it's just going to be a damned long process. Whether the power brokers and fan base can withstand that is the question.
Don't think they can. They've got a serious messiah complex down there.

Aware of the irony given how some have venerated Sir James

Watched most of yesterday's footy shows & they all were doom & gloom in picking apart the Blues, so I will be very surprised if they don't respond on Saturday. But if they don't, well what a year all our blue bagger friends are in for:p

Sure, but they tanked before and it didn't work out nearly as well as expected.

Sure, but they tanked before and it didn't work out nearly as well as expected.
Tanking is different to what Malthouse is trying to achieve, though. He's trying to win and slowly clear out the dead wood at the same time. There are at least two (Judd and Carazzo) probably in their last season, and Simpson might not be far behind.

Yes we do we need to make a statement that we re not only a team that can beat carlton but the best team

Tbh i think the fans, the guys that actually know a bit about football understand Mick is probably the right person to fix this team. Its the people with too much influence at Carlton who are too quick to promote a scorched earth policy if there is any hint of failure.

Besides they have been losing members pretty badly, whats the worst that could happen? They are probably on bare minimum numbers as it is. Whoever as going to drop off has dropped off. Fix your club, keep whatever members you do have and go through the process of rebuilding properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back