Preview Carlton vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 18/04/15, 1:45 PM - Changes post #573

Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlton have tweeted that Menzel is going to be missing this week. Didn't go into detail.
Not wishing injury on anybody but **** this is great.

Exactly the type of talk that gets us beat.
  • We're still coming off limited preseason
  • Had two physically demanding games against top tier sides
  • Short break between games
  • Carlton are coping a lot of heat in the media, expect a response.
  • We have a history of losing to teams we should beat "playing down to their level"
Hope we go out and take an easy win but you can't do that unless you take them seriously.
And we haven't scored heavily yet this year....9 or 10 goals per game lets other teams get a sniff.....lets hope our forwards fire this week

Carlton will be up for this, make no mistake.

Now the sheer gulf in talent between the clubs means we should win regardless, but I'll take ANY margin and gladly put this game in the rear view mirror.

Three things make us hate Blues even more than normal...

1) Malthouse said Hird and the Bombers were a distraction to the AFL

2) Malthouse had his chargers mouthing off EFC players as drug cheats in round 23 last year

3) Malthouse (the head coach of the Eagles cocaine dynasty) said that he (along with his mates Clarkson and Buckley) lwould not attend any coaches function that Hird attends

Injury List

Cripps (back) test
Giles (foot) indefinite
Jaksch (ribs) test
Kreuzer (foot) 2 weeks
Menzel (calf) 1 week
Sheehan (groin) 1-2 weeks
Thomas (shoulder) 5 weeks
Warnock (shoulder) test
White (knee) 4 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton will be up for this, make no mistake.

Now the sheer gulf in talent between the clubs means we should win regardless, but I'll take ANY margin and gladly put this game in the rear view mirror.
Nah **** that. If we want to be a good side, a top 4 side we need to be winning these games comfortably - I'm not talking about that it has to be in the extreme of 80+ or anything but we need to win these games by healthy margins for % sake since I doubt we're going to be the team that goes 18-4 and secures top 2 through wins alone.

Three things make us hate Blues even more than normal...

1) Malthouse said Hird and the Bombers were a distraction to the AFL

2) Malthouse had his chargers mouthing off EFC players as drug cheats in round 23 last year

3) Malthouse (the head coach of the Eagles cocaine dynasty) said that he (along with his mates Clarkson and Buckley) lwould not attend any coaches function that Hird attends

When did he say this? Extremely poor form, if true.

I can't understand why anyone would want Mick sacked, he seems to be doing the perfect job as is.
I was in the same situation with David Moyes and Manchester United last year. I think in the end, the satisfaction of seeing the campaigner given the ass was too good, even if it meant the club ridded themselves of him. #SackMick

Our only problem is we've got the backline of the century with Hurley, Hooker, Fletcher (and Carsile if needed) but Carlton has no forward line. Who will they all play on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back