Preview Carlton vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 18/04/15, 1:45 PM - Changes post #573

Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Ambrose injured? Otherwise he plays .... and you'll be driven into the turf for even mentioning it again.

He is extremly important to our structure. Go back and look at our forward line against the Roos in that final while Ambrose was in the stands, as was Carlisle. Daniher was in beast mode and with Ryder as number 1 ruck Bellchambers played as KPF. Having him standing there with his arm in the air to call for the ball meant we had a terribly stagnant forward line. We also had zero defensive pressure with a KPF who gets to everything and slams his strong bodied into the contest. Also him constantly presenting creates space behind him for other KPFs to go to work.

He also works up the ground to help with pressure at half back and then runs to provide a link/block through the middle. Late in games he can burn his opponent on that run back to goal as well.

Now that he's taken a contested mark I expect that skill to improve and once that comes together .... LOOK OUT!!!!

I long for the day when he is working alongside Daniher, Carlisle, Cooney, Langford and Laverde. Z. Merrett is now too good to keep out of the forward line.

Regards Fletch, despite a burst in the 3rd quarter Gwilt did OK for most of the match on Gunston. I actually see him ahead of Fletch now for on field effectiveness. However, Fletch will be played enough to get to that magical 400.

I was going to defend Howlett but 8 disposals is real poo. I also thought Ashby came on as sub and was important with the run he provided but needs a rest for all the mistakes and bad decisions he made in that last quarter.

Not sure if Merrett or Goddard are going to miss either.
Howlett got heavy knock early.

Hoping that his weird hair style attracts attention.
HxUWO.jpg

On the Carlton Board they have the changes as:

In: Walker Buckley Armfield Cripps Warnock Broekhorst
Out: Menzel White Smith Carazzo Tutt Wood

Judging by our board the possible changes floated by could be from any off the following

In: Fletcher Out: Gwilt
(90%chance of happening)

In: Dempsey Out: Howlett
(70% chance of happening)

Other possible but unlikely scenarios..
Out: Cooney or Chappy "rested due to 6 day break"
In: Dagleish or Edwards in for above

In: McKernan/Giles Out:Ambrose
Unlikely as the TRB won't want bulk changes to winning formula

In: Langford Out: Ashby
Unlikely.
Ashby does deserve another game.

In: Kav Out:
Unlikely as to push anyone out of side

Stanton, Gleeson etc are fine in the best 22

Want Dempsey in the side, but he was a liability last year when he came back underdone. I think that the replacement for Howlett (if injury requires) will be Hams. Also expect Laverde or Langford to get a run, probably replacing Chapman (played 4 in a row and I expect 16 games to be his magic number this year).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Want Dempsey in the side, but he was a liability last year when he came back underdone. I think that the replacement for Howlett (if injury requires) will be Hams. Also expect Laverde or Langford to get a run, probably replacing Chapman (played 4 in a row and I expect 16 games to be his magic number this year).
Want to keep Chappy fresh. He was awesome on Saturday. Could see Hawks panic every time Chappy got within range.

The 2 young guys would need to show something very special in the reserves to earn a place. Merrett and Gleeson were great inclusions last year. But both earnt their place.

Would be great to see Kavagnah, Fantasia, Dalgleish, Giles and McKernan get a crack.

People criticised Gwilt. I thought he was awesome. Such precision with his passes and always appears to have so much time.

He is a confidence player. Awesome when on song. Hasn't played a proper game since NAB. Definitely able to fill a hole. Big motor and deceptively quick like his brother. With Sheedy having input, the 2 brothers will almost definitely play together.

Ta. Why hasn't he played since NAB?

I want to put the challenge to Dempsey to back heel the ball over his head at full pace and continue bouncing the ball down the field to prove it wasn't a fluke.

He is a confidence player. Awesome when on song. Hasn't played a proper game since NAB. Definitely able to fill a hole. Big motor and deceptively quick like his brother. With Sheedy having input, the 2 brothers will almost definitely play together.

I've seen Jackson Merrett play 2 VFL practice matches post NAB and was underwhelmed. I quite like him as a player but he has been disappointing thus far and is not in the frame for selection on current match form.

I've seen Jackson Merrett play 2 VFL practice matches post NAB and was underwhelmed. I quite like him as a player but he has been disappointing thus far and is not in the frame for selection on current match form.

Was he playing mid or forward in the VFL practice matches?

Re changes there will be minimal. No way will Ambrose be dropped this week (I'm not convinced about him but this week ain't the week to drop him). Ashby was excellent as sub and performed very well in NAB so I don't see him being dropped either. Gwilt was average so could be forced out if Fletcher comes up. If fit Howlett stays in - if not then they will likely bring in one of Kavanagh, Dempsey, hams or Edwards (with this player likely to be the sub).

I'd guess In: Fletcher Out: Gwilt

The script is predictable this week. We come out and play decent football, while Carlton play out of their skins. Result is a narrow win to one side or the other, toss a coin. In fact i think the only way to avoid that is an emphasis on trying to put them to the sword in the first half. If we can crush them early we might short circuit the natural course of events.
Howlett should be given a week to freshen up. He seems a burst type player anyway so i don't see a reason not to give someone else a go. It really should be Kav.
Cannot believe that some think that Gwilt is better than Fletch. It's like we must be watching from different universes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back