Review Cats keep season alive with 12 point win

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary in a moon boot on the back of the interview footage with Isaac Smith there

The Jack Henry injury is terrible news, but when Parfitt came on, he made a difference.
We loooked one tall too many, particularly with the talls Port had out.

Stanley should of dominated tonight, but he just didn't make the most of his chances which was frustrating.

Ollie Henry has to take the next step, and stay in the game for longer periods. If he does that we'll have some player.

Our midfield has to be one of the worst in the league at the moment. No Selwood, Blicavs & Guthrie from last years GF, but still there are some issues that need addressing going beyond this year.

Unexpected and welcome win.

the good:
Ollie Henry's first quarter was outstanding.

Gryan Miers holy Jesus

Sav's job interview seems to have gone well.

loved some of Rohans work in the ruck early but clearly gassed him and we can't keep going to that well.

Parfitt was running both ways when he came on. Tales of the end of his career are overblown

The bad
I think though that this has been another chapter in the book of "our backline sucks when Sav and SDK play together". We forced a guy who is now too heavy to play small to go to Rioli and and Jack Henry forward to a part of the ground we were never losing the match ups in.

We'll be forced into playing the 3x kpd set up against a very mobile and top of the ladder pies outfit. Might get real ugly when one of SDK or Sav has a missing persons report out at quarter time.

I think I just saw Rohan wearing a moon boot walk past the background of the coverage

Jack Henry injured F*** not again

Our midfield in general performed as expected against theirs. Not good.

Next week
Tag Daicos and pray they're not too revved up from the loss

Just home. My thoughts, I was on Sav watch, not bad, some good marks but still not cool with the switches. Ypu wont see his positioning on TV. Will keep working on it, now with Jack suspect. Rohan jarred his ankle and absolute guts to try and run it off. We suffered every time Bruhn came to the bench. he's a freaking star. Missed Blics. Regardless of whipping boy status here, Parf was really good attacking the packs to cause chaos ball, no stats for that, but we improved after his sub. Gryan the savviest player I've seen in a long while, absolutely knows the play. Really good win all things considered.

pS Was worried about SDK before the game and that hasn't changed. Seems to have lost something since his facial injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year we had 4 players kick 20 or more goals for the season (Hawkins 67, Cameron 65, Stengle 53, Close 26). Thus far this year we've had 5...

If we had 2 extra good midfielders, we would be comfortable top 4 and probably pushing top 2. Our defense isn't that bad, and get smashed most weeks due to the midfield. Our forward half is still elite and capable enough to win a premiership.

LOL, but also - 4 year deal? He's gone, surely.

Scotty just said Jack Henry's foot thing is the other foot, but not thought to be serious
He is, but of you can set 4 years as the floor for Port and offer him extra money on a contract that never gets signed, then you can both set him up and drag on a competitors cap for years to come.

Win win

Hopefully just a recovery thing

And hopefully there aernt too many posts on it - because im sick of reading about possible injuries to Geel players - especially straight after a gallant win that keeps the season alive

Worry about it later in the week - if there needs to be any worry at all at that point

Some of Atkins efforts against bigger, faster and stronger opponents were absolutely brilliant.

I don’t think there has been many players who have got more out their ability or tried harder than Tommy Atkins.

What a little warrior. Proud to wear the jumper.

He is limited in his ability but by gee does his attitude epitomise what this club is about.

I was pleased to see Ollie Henry still working hard and staying involved in the game when the goals had dried up.

Also, is the forum playing funny buggers for anyone else or just me?
What I liked was Ollie's defensive work was better. A bit of a way to go still but couple of tackles and 10 pressure acts to go with the casual 4 goals

Holmes is a real concern, he looks to have gone backwards same with SDK, both are offering nothing at the moment. Sav should play for the rest of the year and i never thought i would say that, he was probably our best in the first half.
Is it just me or was Sav playing an all over the ground utility role. Commontators kept saying he was playing in defence

I dont get the "They can play small and tall" line all the time. Has to be some hirses for courses. Kolo still looking for his pants and not fault of his. Ridiculous match up on Rioli.

Danger post match said he is struggling to get up mentally more so then physically each week. That is a worry. Collingwood friday night should be enough to spur him on enough.

Also says the fowards have no idea where Miers is going. Defence got no chance.

Cameron a shadow. Cmon Jezza!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

If it’s a 3rd crack for Jack Henry foot.
Our insurance policy AKA Esava Ratugolea might be one that takes yet another turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back