Autopsy Cats lose their way in 18 points loss to Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

First 1/2 was great.
Next 1/2 we stopped dead in our tracks and thought it was over.

Gave up 13 goal turnaround

3.6 to 16.11 is what they scored - and yes it was still the same teams out there in the second 1/2

The list of poor players is too long so the decent ones were
Stanley, Bowes, Humphries, Kolo - they went all game long

The rest can get in the bin after that.

Was a horrible effort after such a good effort last week

Saints
Port
Gold Coast
Doggies

All team we have given up 4+ goal turnarounds to and got belted by.

The whole team just didnt make the same effort and committment after 1/2 time and if you give anyone a sniff and let them run ahead of the ball you are in trouble and we did exactly that

No real injuries to speak of.

Just a very poor 1/2 of unGeelong like footy.

Sure we are still in contention in a very open season but efforts like that are telling

GO Catters

Last edited:
Missed the 2nd half due to prior commitments, but unfortunately blind freddy could see we weren't going to win that one midway through the 2nd quarter.

I'd like to chuck a wobbly, but it won't change anything, so I'll try to remain positive.

Oh well, at least they gave us an opportunity to accept the inevitable.

On to next week and then a massive finals campaign! (Could be worse, we could be Essendon supporters.)

How many goals did the Saints get after our defender lost his footing allowing the Saints player to get out the back and kick a soda? Incredibly frustrating.

Pretty dismal display from our "leaders" after half time (except Danger and Stewart).

Cameron has his head elsewhere it seems.

Good stuff from the kids, particularly in the first half.

Ollie Henry will cop flak a bit unfairly.

We'll still make top 4 if results go the way they should, but we'd need to kick a mammoth amount to overcome the percentage gap (and have Port and GWs lose to Freo and Bulldogs respectively).

Likely a trip to Sydney in week 1.

Smashed in the contest, killed on the outside.

The second half showed us that we are no where near it.

Will make top 4 due to the Lions losing, but we are a long long way from being a premiership threat.

That was embarrassing stuff.

On a different note the competition is so even I don’t understand why supporters continue to underestimate opposition.
The Saints were always a threat. Not easy beats.

Only positivr is that there is no standout team this year. Maybe GWS are the team to beat. But seems every team is capable of a bed shitting performance.

Just have to hit form for finals and who knows.

But this performance is so frustrating. Just when you think we are going ok, you get smacked in the face. Happens time and time again.

Could have been top 2 and a home Final but now its probably 4th and a QF vs the Swans in Sydney...

Yup .. the same Sydney that belted us 12 weeks ago.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty dismal display from our "leaders" after half time (except Danger and Stewart).

Cameron has his head elsewhere it seems.

Good stuff from the kids, particularly in the first half.

Ollie Henry will cop flak a bit unfairly.

We'll still make top 4 if results go the way they should, but we'd need to kick a mammoth amount to overcome the percentage gap (and have Port and GWs lose to Bulldogs and Freo respectively).

Likely a trip to Sydney in week 1.
Not unfairly. absolutely justified. He can not play again this year.

Do you take joy in other cats fans unhappiness after we just gave up a top two spot after being 33 points up?

Seriously what sort of post is that?
Coming from one of the known negative supporters on this forum.
I’m here to take joy in what player/players we blame for that loss.

It’s already begun

2nd half was all time capitulation to the extreme. Saints adapted and we had no answers, forward line pathetic, midfield smashed, backline went into ‘every player flying and colliding’ mode.

I know it’s an even year top 8 wise, but of all the top 8 sides we have the softest underbelly when teams are on top with momentum, come finals time I can’t see how we stop that.

Worst loss of the year given what was at stake - a home final in the top 4 vs interstate sides. We had a sniff this year, and we blew it in a half.

Henry - I’ve seen enough to determine he is never going to be reliable. A good one dimensional player that goes missing and cracks under pressure. That is all.

Neale - just not going to be good enough. Is young but I don’t think his ceiling is high enough if we are to be serious. We need to trade in someone that will be.

If I hear one more poster tell me to give knevitt more time he will make it - I’ll spew

Dempsey snd humphries are our best young players.

The lapse in the second half is the reason why we can’t challenge this year. We are rebuilding so all things equal it’s been a good year but that loss , that insipid half hurts a lot

Very physical Freo game and trip back from WA was a massive factor.

We were absolutely cooked by 10 mins into the third qtr.

Use of ball into the forward line in the second half was diabolical. Gave our forwards no chance. That is also a symptom of a very tired team. Just kick it long and hope for the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats lose their way in 18 points loss to Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back