Review Cats take THE RIVALRY from the Hawks again with 51 point win

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies' fans at Swans games in Sydney were utterly horrendous! There was a young guy, who sat near us, with a developmental disability. They grabbed him + stuffed his head in a blocked toilet. He was covered in poo, highly distressed. Other guys we knew cleaned him up. My Mum told Barrassi, who organised a full Swans' strip for him, runners too.
The Pies' fans, who attacked him were rounded up + banned from SCG.

Yet, Pies' fans at 2011 GF were delightful. When I went outside for a gasper, they took me to their tent, forced VB + Longbeach gaspers on me. Had a great halftime with them + missed Meatloaf :joycat: :joycat: :joycat:
Pretty awful story. Hope those days are gone.
Although on the plus side - you did miss meatloaf!

Unfortunate. Few cooked Hawk supporters around the main board think Kolo should have got rubbed out for the contest :$

Same on socials

They didn't like the idea it was a marking contest

He has. But also reflects I suspect our coaches love for the role he is playing

good to see Jezza back where he belongs as well as Tommy. And of course SDK as the prototype ruckman!
It's amazing how much better Duncan looks when the team around him isn't completely crumbling and out of cohesion or intensity.

Top 3 in those votes are so important. Cameron has been better recently but was huge apart from his finishing. SDK first votes this year I think and Stewart rarely been there. Need those 3 firing come finals to be any chance.
Stewart has actually been in the votes 4 times this season (plugs thread update), but much less frequently than 2023. Twice early and twice recently, with a lean patch in the middle.

Your point stands and is obvious. We struggled when Cameron and Stewart were not dominating, or even playing well at all. The other veterans can't carry us anymore so we do need big performances from the two who are still in their prime (albeit moving out of it soon) and can be top 10 players in the league on their day.

Top 3 in those votes are so important. Cameron has been better recently but was huge apart from his finishing. SDK first votes this year I think and Stewart rarely been there. Need those 3 firing come finals to be any chance.

And Mannagh straight into a vote on return.

I can't help myself. This is genuine comedy gold

"Who was playing on Count Dracula (Brad close) tonight and why didn’t someone send some garlic out at HT for that slimy weasel."

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
I hadn’t realized that Brad Close was a genuine hate figure until I read that thread.
Funnily enough I don't mind the 'Count Dracula' reference....although another Hawk poster called him a twerp too.

Generally they were pretty much admitting we're a better side than them, which is nice to know!

I love the Count Dracula reference.

"Welcome! I am Count Close, I've come to suck the blood out of your finals' hopes."

Brad Close - Dracula.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close will allow him an extra mulligan next time out on the course. :)

Mannagh is not a kid. He understands this is his big opportunity, like Pods, Mene, Kelly, Stengle etal. You can see he wants it, and in VFL gets around his teammates. He will know to take on any instructions from the club. Good teams find and utilize this kind of asset.
I like how also, though new to the top level, isn't afraid to give some lip back to the oppo players. Not intimidated being out there, just hungry. :thumbsu:

Jhye Clark, pick 8 2022 draft: 18 disposals from 60% game time.

Cam Mackenzie, pick 5 2022 draft: 17 disposals from 76% game time.

We're way harsher on our young players than supporters of other teams, if Hawks had a youngster play to the level of De Koning or Dempsey yesterday we'd never hear the end of it.

100%

This supporter base has had too much success that they’ve lost perspective. Inexperienced players need time and don’t need to come in and dominate.
My favorite part of Clark’s game was his possession map, a kid who runs harder defensively than forward.
Good thanks

IMG_9947.jpeg

Im at the Footy... I dont want music period.

GO Catters
Well, for once, I disagree, Daz.

I am one of the oldest "Codgers" at games these days. I like the after goal music....especially the energy filled, thumpy stuff, whatever it is.

Keeps the energy going after a goal (and before the next)

Some younger members in the crowd near my standing room place actually got going together and sang one of them, I think, in our first home game. That was even better.

Loved it.

I thought he was good on the night but on reflection he was better than I gave him credit for, and I gave him a bit of credit
Good if we can keep him in the team.
Having 4 dangerous hard working goal kicking smalls is a unique position to be in, and creates multiple headaches for the opposition ,especially in slippery winter conditions.

Review Cats take THE RIVALRY from the Hawks again with 51 point win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back