Other CFL - Canadian Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I watched some Arena and CFL over the weekend. Strange rules, that's for sure. Looks like a lot of fun to play, but I prefer to watch the real thing. I can't stand all the moving before the snap.

cfl_endzone.jpg

What's with giant endzone?

It's supposed to be to increase the amount of scoring I think, along with a bigger field and slightly bigger ball and the offense being able have one player in motion prior to the snap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Southern Ontario especially (where a third of Canadians live). 2 NHL teams, 1 MLB team, 1 NBA team.
Would television viewers return to the CFL if – as I expect – the 2019/2020 NHL season is cancelled due to COVID-19 and MLB cannot begin by June when the CFL season ordinary opens?

How much of a boost would missing the worst of the COVID-19 pandemic prove for a sport??

Would television viewers return to the CFL if – as I expect – the 2019/2020 NHL season is cancelled due to COVID-19 and MLB cannot begin by June when the CFL season ordinary opens?

How much of a boost would missing the worst of the COVID-19 pandemic prove for a sport??

There's so little live sport on TV at the moment the yanks were fawning over the Saturday afternoon AFL & NRL - so if the CFL is the first pro league to get going it will get great viewership.

There's so little live sport on TV at the moment the yanks were fawning over the Saturday afternoon AFL & NRL - so if the CFL is the first pro league to get going it will get great viewership.
Two questions:
  1. How likely is it in your humble opinion that the CFL will prove the first professional league (perhaps with the qualification “outside Asia” as COVID-19 recovery is much earlier there) to get going after the current COVID-19 hiatus?
  2. How long-term will such gains prove for the CFL?

CFL announces regular season won't start until at least September

Remove this Banner Ad

Other CFL - Canadian Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back