Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read an article saying Romping Wins might be back next year ffs. Forgot about him until he popped up on Brownlow. Need him to stay out along with Duke gone.

Can someone get a hold of his passport to stop him coming back from whichever ranch has held him for the last 12 months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get rid of Selwood, too

A rotation of those five special comments guys is surely enough

Cornes won’t actually be commentating on games will he?

He’s always struck me as more of a panel show guy, so he can plan his clickbait strategies in advance and target players/coaches/clubs after the fact, not during the actual game?

Cornes won’t actually be commentating on games will he?

He’s always struck me as more of a panel show guy, so he can plan his clickbait strategies in advance and target players/coaches/clubs after the fact, not during the actual game?
Apparently he's decent on special comments on SEN? Changes from his usual persona

Apparently he's decent on special comments on SEN? Changes from his usual persona

Oh ok - admittedly I don’t listen to SEN.

That’ll be interesting.

He isn’t a dummy by any stretch - it’ll be interesting to see how he balances his ‘w***er with an opinion’ persona alongside work in the commentary box which is most definitely pretty soft touch on 7 - nobody is going to be pointing out that BT is talking utter shit again or that Joel Selwood’s brain should have been donated to science when he retired.

Reports suggest Cornes will provide special comments on Thursday nights.

Also, can’t forget about the diversity quotas imposed on Seven next year. So I assume Shaun Burgoyne and Chris Johnson keep their jobs then.

Amazing how much influence one particular Ch7 executive had.

Now that they've left, there seems an influx of personnel and signs of a concerted change in their overall broadcast.

One caller has left which seems to have gone down rather well.

Hopefully a few more duds (who were probably protected by that departed executive) are shown the door as well.

Won't automatically translate in better coverage, but crossing fingers.

Amazing how much influence one particular Ch7 executive had.

Now that they've left, there seems an influx of personnel and signs of a concerted change in their overall broadcast.

One caller has left which seems to have gone down rather well.

Hopefully a few more duds (who were probably protected by that departed executive) are shown the door as well.

Won't automatically translate in better coverage, but crossing fingers.
Footy programs/games every weeknight, too

How long was Lewis Martin there for? Seems like a bit of comfortability set in over the years

Reports suggest Cornes will provide special comments on Thursday nights.

Also, can’t forget about the diversity quotas imposed on Seven next year. So I assume Shaun Burgoyne and Chris Johnson keep their jobs then.

Tony Armstrong has announced he’s leaving the ABC…

They’d be falling over themselves to sign him - he could even be used in a capacity beyond ‘…and the Aboriginal one’ that they usually settle on.

Tony Armstrong has announced he’s leaving the ABC…

They’d be falling over themselves to sign him - he could even be used in a capacity beyond ‘…and the Aboriginal one’ that they usually settle on.
Think he'll still be with the ABC, apparently hosting a new show for them in 2025

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he'll still be with the ABC, apparently hosting a new show for them in 2025

Leaving their news/sports coverage I believe.

Might get one of those deals you never used to see? A bit like Sam Pang popping up on 10, 7 and hosting the Logies on 9?

Armstrong will likely want to keep a foot in Aboriginal/community content, which of course 7 wouldn’t touch with a barge pole - but ABC will always have something happening in that space.

I’d be surprised if he wasn’t being heavily courted by 7 and 9 for a large role - the guy is top quality.

Is the wife popping over too? 😬

Sounds like it. She's agreeing to come back but obviously would have said no to lock-nan which is why he isn't going back to fox.

Two things

If BT makes the GF about him retiring, that’s the most POX and self absorbed thing I’ve seen for awhile

Glad 7 didn’t pick up Twomey, great on draft knowledge, horrendous interviewer and content management

With FoxFooty being able to broadcast more games next year and his protector now gone from Ch7, I wouldn't be at all surprised if BT becomes the prodigal son.

Back to the Future - BT on Fox in 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back