Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo have a chance. They have built a strong young core. Probably need to move Darcy on if Warner is to arrive. But they need to move Darcy on anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Maybe Melbourne could be looking for a few mid fielders.

Freo have a chance. They have built a strong young core. Probably need to move Darcy on if Warner is to arrive. But they need to move Darcy on anyway.

I dont they could find anyone willing to take on darcys long contract with his injury history. They should have let him go FA.

I dont they could find anyone willing to take on darcys long contract with his injury history. They should have let him go FA.

After seeing what Grundy did on the weekend I think you guys would pay well over the odds to get him..

So it is Warner to ruck ?, and Darcy traded?.

I'd take this bloke at Port, reckon he can play a bit. What would it take? Future 1st/2nd and Jed McEntee? Francis 'Frank the Tank' Evans maybe as steak knives?
I doubt he would go to Adelaide if he has any desire to "go home", otherwise he would stay with Sydney

Without getting into petty trolling, personally I just can't see him moving. Regardless of what they say, the players know each other's intentions, how much they ate on etc. The swans have locked away everyone on long term deals. Blakey, florent, mccartin,papley, rowbottom, Hayward, gulden etc. To get this done the players like blakey and gulden who could have commanded top dollar on the market would have had to take hair cuts. There's no way they'd all sign long term with minimum fuss if they knew one of the core players (warner) was gonna hold out for more coin or bail severely denting their chances of success.

They are an extremely tight knit Unit ( yes I know he went to daycare with Jeremy sharp) I think the media cycle saw an opportunity to create a storm in a team cup and generate clicks. Wa player goes home for 3 days to celebrate birthday amids God like form. It was a no brainer for the media.

I could be wrong and he could very well request a move but personally just can't see it happening in the foreseeable future

After seeing what Grundy did on the weekend I think you guys would pay well over the odds to get him..
Would be infinitely better than Stanley ever was...but it doesn't suit our list build.

We've already put heavy investment into Conway and Edwards as rucks who we believe will be stars for us.

You don't make that investment and then go out and trade more collateral for another ruck in Darcy.

Odds are we'll just pick up a journeyman to bridge the gap before those two are ready.

Darcy rumours should be dead and buried to Geelong....and it is the Chad Warner thread anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be infinitely better than Stanley ever was...but it doesn't suit our list build.

We've already put heavy investment into Conway and Edwards as rucks who we believe will be stars for us.

You don't make that investment and then go out and trade more collateral for another ruck in Darcy.

Odds are we'll just pick up a journeyman to bridge the gap before those two are ready.

Darcy rumours should be dead and buried to Geelong....and it is the Chad Warner thread anyway.

Pretty sure you were the one that brought Darcy into the discussion?

Without getting into petty trolling, personally I just can't see him moving. Regardless of what they say, the players know each other's intentions, how much they ate on etc. The swans have locked away everyone on long term deals. Blakey, florent, mccartin,papley, rowbottom, Hayward, gulden etc. To get this done the players like blakey and gulden who could have commanded top dollar on the market would have had to take hair cuts. There's no way they'd all sign long term with minimum fuss if they knew one of the core players (warner) was gonna hold out for more coin or bail severely denting their chances of success.

They are an extremely tight knit Unit ( yes I know he went to daycare with Jeremy sharp) I think the media cycle saw an opportunity to create a storm in a team cup and generate clicks. Wa player goes home for 3 days to celebrate birthday amids God like form. It was a no brainer for the media.

I could be wrong and he could very well request a move but personally just can't see it happening in the foreseeable future
His name was brought up by Daniels much earlier, and he’s not known as a clickbait merchant.

Cal has been strong on the swans needing to lock him away, before he comes out of contract. As an example, brayshaw is in a similar position to Chad, no noise.

There’s at least some smoke around. It’s still odds-on he stays (most players do). But it’s not no chance of happening.

• nearly left last time he was (nearly) out of contract.
  • close-knit family who want to be back in WA
  • WA based long distance girlfriend

They’re probably the three main points to consider. There’s lots of reasons either way, it’s which ones matter most to him.

His name was brought up by Daniels much earlier, and he’s not known as a clickbait merchant.

Cal has been strong on the swans needing to lock him away, before he comes out of contract. As an example, brayshaw is in a similar position to Chad, no noise.

There’s at least some smoke around. It’s still odds-on he stays (most players do). But it’s not no chance of happening.

• nearly left last time he was (nearly) out of contract.
  • close-knit family who want to be back in WA
  • WA based long distance girlfriend

They’re probably the three main points to consider. There’s lots of reasons either way, it’s which ones matter most to him.

I think if the two bolded points are true then he is most likely going to go home at some point unless there is a change in that dynamic, most specifically the WA long distance girlfriend one.

Does the tight knit family dynamic change if his Ashton gets drafted to a Vic team. One brother in Vic, one in Sydney and one in perth

I think it becomes pretty irrelevant yes and it becomes something the family just has to continue to adapt to.

The girlfriend is the one that really has some potential swing IMO. But dynamics can change pretty quickly in those relationships as well so who really knows.

Does the tight knit family dynamic change if his Ashton gets drafted to a Vic team. One brother in Vic, one in Sydney and one in perth
Potentially.
But Ashton hasn’t seemed to come on as expected, and how much longer will Corey remain on a list?

If he does come home back to WA i wouldn't be counting out the eagles at all

They will most likely finish bottom 3 and will have the exact pick that would satisfy Sydney to relent and let him go begrudgingly. And the eagles will be the team that offers the most $$$ to satisfy Warner

Sydney could accommodate the trade but only to the team in WA that has the best offer to suit Sydney
Top 3 pick in 2025 is a top price and very hard to match by Fremantle

If he does come home back to WA i wouldn't be counting out the eagles at all

They will most likely finish bottom 3 and will have the exact pick that would satisfy Sydney to relent and let him go begrudgingly. And the eagles will be the team that offers the most $$$ to satisfy Warner

Sydney could accommodate the trade but only to the team in WA that has the best offer to suit Sydney
Top 3 pick in 2025 is a top price and very hard to match by Fremantle
Like any other trade, it doesn't matter who Sydney would prefer, Warner would pick a club and thats where he goes.

Now, that's not ruling WC out, but they need to get Warner to pick WC, not Sydney

That lasted one paragraph.

That lasted one paragraph.
That's not a troll

Trolling would be mentioning freo swinging and missing at yet another big name recruit, until they finally get one in which they pay way overs, get 0 production out of said players and then inevitably trade them to gws for a bottle of tomato sauce only to watch them win the coleman

Would be gutted to lose him. He has to be one of the biggest steals in the draft in the last decade and he is such an attacking weapon.

I am still confident he will stay, but I am also aware that a team like West Coast could really front end a contract offer for him and offer him way way way more than the Swans could.

Do you expect Corey Warner to be at Sydney beyond 2025?

Ashton is easily the smallest of the three, small enough that he may not get drafted at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back